Nike Junior Golf Camps, Prairie Green Golf Course
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to offer its newest summer camp programs in Sioux Falls at Prairie Green Golf Course. Director of Player Development, Danny Sinksen, is excited to host this program for South Dakota junior golfers looking to have fun and improve their skills!
FULL DAY CAMPS
Our full day camps are a wonderful opportunity for our junior players to enjoy a full day of golf. Each day starts with proper warm up stretches and exercises, followed by three hours of instruction on all facets of the game. Campers break for lunch after the morning instruction before heading out for course play with the staff. On the golf course, students will work on course management and the shots they learned earlier in the day. Full Day Camps run from 9:00am - 4:00pm each day. Lunch is provided for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMPS
Our half day camps are designed to pique the interest of the potential new golfer and give the experienced golfer the instruction they need to improve. These camps offer the same quality instruction that our full day programs provide. Each day starts with proper warm-ups, followed by three hours of range instruction and fun camp games/competitions. Half Day Camps run from 9:00am - 12:00pm each day. Lunch is NOT included.
- Small group instruction from experienced local teaching professionals
- Daily course play with the camp staff (full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Danny Sinksen
Director of Player Development for Sioux Falls Golf, Danny Sinksen serves as camp director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Prairie Green Golf Course.View Danny's Bio ⟩
Danny has recently been promoted to the position of Director of Player Development, overseeing all instructional programs for all three Sioux Falls Golf facilities.
Notable Information on Danny Sinksen:
• Danny has been the PGA Head Golf Professional at Elmwood for nine years. He has been an employee at the Sioux Falls Golf courses since 1999.
• He is now officially a "The First Tee" Head Coach, earning this title in 2017 after three levels of training an annual testing. Danny coaches the "Eagle" program on Wednesdays at Elmwood. Elmwood is a First Tee facility with more than 800 participants annually and has had over 8000 participants since it started in 2007.
• Started the Sioux Falls Golf Academy with fellow professionals Mitch Brunick and Chad Veire currently having between 20-30 students.
• Created the Sioux Falls Golf Junior Tour in 2015 that attracts 60-80 juniors to four different events annually. • Has hosted a local qualifier for the Drive, Chip and Putt competition four of the past five years.
• Executive Director of the Sioux Falls Men’s Golf Club that conducts over 20 golf events annually for more than 400 members.
• Started PGA Junior League team from Elmwood in 2015 and currently has two teams (20 participants) in the Sioux Falls area league.
• He started the Get Golf Ready programs at Prairie Green and Elmwood almost 8 years ago now. This program is for new golfers to get to know the game and classes fill every year.
• He won the 2017 teacher of the year award with the Dakota Chapter of the Minnesota PGA Section.
• Danny coaches the Augustana University Men’s golf team and has done so for the past four seasons. He also coached at the University of South Dakota from 2008-2010 while earning his Master's Degree in Adult Education and Higher Learning.
• PGA Member since 2015.
Danny finished tied for 6th at the 2018 Minnesota PGA Professional Championship held August 27-28 at Woodhill Country Club in Wayzata, MN. Based on his finish Danny qualified for the 2019 PGA Professional Championship being held at Belfair Golf Club in Bluffton, SC April 28 – May 1, 2019. The low 20 professionals in the championship will qualify to play in the 2019 PGA Championship being held at Bethpage Golf Club in Farmington, NY in May 2019. Danny also won the 2018 Minnesota 4 Ball Championship with partner Kyle Scanlon, who he coached at the University of South Dakota.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16. The Nike Camp staff is on hand to provide campers with quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament-level junior looking to improve his or her competitive results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Campers arrive, warm-up
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in camp price, half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with the camp staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Prairie Green Golf Course
A Sioux Falls Golf property and prairie treasure, lies the rolling fairways and picturesque views of Prairie Green Golf Course. Rated one of Golf Digest’s Best New Affordable Courses in 1996 and the current highest rated public course in the region, Prairie Green offers its customers a welcoming, but challenging round of golf. The striking prairie links style course, designed by Dick Nugent, showcases generous fairways, stunning prairie wetlands, and well-bunkered greens. Prairies hosts challenges for all levels of playing experiences from tight back tees and sprawling fairway bunkers, but encourages players with forgiving approach shots and open views to the wide lipped greens. Prairie boasts a fun and enjoyable round for all. Affordable prices, welcoming staff, and the mesmerizing blue skies of South Dakota ensure your time at Prairie Green Golf Course will be nothing short of memorable.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
This is our first year running Nike Junior Golf Camps at Prairie Green GC and the camp has not yet been reviewed.