Cal Women’s Gymnastics Camp
Get #OneDayBetter with Cal Gymnastics
Join the Pac-12 Champions, Cal Women's Gymnastics, and their outstanding coaching staff for an unforgettable camp experience this summer. The premiere camp for gymnasts looking to improve their skills through hard work, individual instruction, and a competitive atmosphere. Coach Howell and Coach Crandall-Howell's immense knowledge of gymnastics will prepare and strengthen gymnasts for the next level.
All Cal Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you choose a camp that fits your level of development. All events are subject to change based on NCAA and Covid-19 restrictions. Due to high demand and limited capacity, prices are subject to increase as camp exceeds 25%/50%/75% capacity.
- Opportunity to practice and train on the beautiful and historic UC Berkeley campus
- Strong focus on individual skill development and performance
- Exposure to one of the nation's top Division 1 gymnastics programs
- Spirit Day
- Cal Gymnastics leotards will be available for purchase
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Head Coach Justin Howell
Justin Howell, a well-respected Bay Area club coach, took the helm of the Cal Women's Gymnastics program in June of 2012 and made an immediate impact, propelling the Golden Bears into the national gymnastics spotlight in his 10 seasons as Head Coach.View Justin's Bio ⟩
Co-Head Coach Elisabeth Crandall-Howell
Elisabeth Crandall-Howell - a distinguished international brevet-level judge, an internationally experienced gymnast, and a collegiate All-American - joined the Cal family in September 2012 and is currently the Co-Head Coach.View Elisabeth's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach John Carney
John Carney enters his first season with the Bears in 2022-23. He joins the Bears after a decorated career as an assistant coach at some of the nation's top programs.View John's Bio ⟩
2023 CAMP SESSIONS
- June 19-21 (High Performance Camp)
- July 1-3 (High Performance Camp)
- July 5 (One Day Better Clinic)
- High Performance Camps
- Camper Check-in: 8:30am on first day of camp
- Camp Hours: Day 1: 8:30am-4:00pm, Day 2: 9:00am-4:00pm, Day 3: 9:00am-1:00pm
- One Day Better Clinics
- Camper Check-in: 8:30am on first day of camp
- Camp Hours: Day 1 8:30am-4:00pm
All Cal Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you choose a camp that fits your level of development.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Campers will be evaluated and split up into smaller groups according to age and ability and instruction will be tailored to each level's needs.
The High Performance Camp will help gymnasts enhance every aspect of their routines and knowledge of gymnastics. Campers will receive exceptional, personalized instruction from award winning Coach Howell and Coach Crandall-Howell. Camp is open to gymnasts of all abilities and structured towards gymnasts who have completed or are near completion of level 5 and above.
Campers will need to bring their own lunch and snacks for Days 1 & 3. Lunch will be provided on Day 2!
- Session I: Cal Day, please wear your favorite Cal gear or wear blue and gold.
- Session II: 4th of July Day, please wear red, white, and blue.
- One Day Better clinics will not have spirit days.
Due to University and NCAA Policies, we are not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International Airport; San Francisco International Airport is also within a reasonable distance. There are several options that we suggest. There are a few shuttle services that offer transportation to and from Oakland & San Francisco International Airports. Reservations must be made at least a few days in advance, you can make reservations over the phone or online (see below).
- Bayporter Express
- Website: www.bayporter.com
- Phone: 1-877-467-1800 (Local, Bay Area) 1-415-467-1800 (Long Distance, Outside Bay Area)
- Super Shuttle
- Website: www.supershuttle.com
- Phone: 1-800-258-3826
For those traveling in from out of town and need a place to stay near camp, see the recommended list below.
- Hotel Durant (Please call 510-845-8981 to reserve your room)
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza (Please call 510-845-7300 to reserve your room)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Berkeley (Please call 510-548-1700 to reserve your room)
- Double Tree by Hilton Berkeley Marina (Please call 510-548-7920 to reserve your room)
- Berkeley City Club (Please call 510-848-7800 to reserve your room)
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. Campers must bring their health and release forms with them to check-in on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
*This camp is open to any and all entrants, restricted only by age and gender.
*According to NCAA rules- recruiting conversations are not allowed during camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30 AM Check-in
- 9:00 AM Warm-up
- 9:30 AM Rotation #1
- 10:15 AM Rotation #2
- 11:00 AM Rotation #3
- 11:45 AM Rotation #4
- 12:30 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM Rotation #5
- 2:15 PM Rotation #6
- 3:00 PM Free time (gymnasts will choose which event they want to work on)
- 3:30 PM Conditioning and stretching
- 4:00 PM Wrap-up and dismissal
Madden had a great time!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.