Xcelerate Nike Washington Boys Lacrosse Camp at Pacific Lutheran University
Celebrating 16 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps provide players of all positions and skill levels an opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches and players in the game today. In 2019, our camp will be led by NLL Pro Player and Team Canada's World Champion, Dan Coates!
Our 13th summer in Washington! Located in the Parkland neighborhood of Tacoma, Pacific Lutheran University provides campers with the ultimate setting to get better this summer. On the field, campers will see improved stick skills, participate in advanced drills, and receive hours of lacrosse enjoyment! Off the field, campers will enjoy the swimming pool, game room, and Q&A sessions. Also, an all-you-can-eat cafeteria will be available for meals, as well as, pizza and vending machines for late night munchies. We expect another sell out, so register today!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dormitory Rooms
- Swimming in the PLU Indoor Pool
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Coates
Directing camp this summer is Dan Coates. Coach Coates is a professional player with the Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and was a Gold Medal winner with Team Canada.View Dan Coates's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Professional: Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
College: Canisius College
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2015 FIL World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
• 2017 Team Captain - NLL’s Colorado Mammoth
• 2016 Recipient - NLL Colorado Mammoth Jay Jalbert Award - “Ideal teammate who exemplifies selfless play and commitment and dedication to his team”
• 8th Overall Selection in 2011 NLL Draft
• 1st Team All-MAAC - NCAA Division 1 Canisius College
Lacrosse Tips by Dan Coates:
Coach Marty Bowes
Coaching camp this summer is Marty Bowes. Coach Bowes is a professional player with the Florida Launch of Major League Lacrosse.View Marty Bowes's Bio ⟩
Professional: Florida Launch, Atlanta Blaze, Boston Cannons (MLL)
College: University of Hartford
- MLL - Florida Launch (2017)
- MLL - Atlanta Blaze (2016)
- MLL - Boston Cannons (2013-2015)
- 2012 - All-New England Selection (D1)
- 2011 - Led team to first ever American East Championship
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, July 28th to Thursday, August 1st
Overnight & Extended Day Camp (9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, July 28th
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic.
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Pflueger Hall.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, July 28th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Pflueger Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check out Thursday, August 1st
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Pflueger Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Pflueger Hall
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No - No A/C - Please bring a fan
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, July 28th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at Pflueger Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First day pick up is 9:00pm at Pflueger Hall.
- July 29th, 30th & 31st: Check-in is 8:45am at Pflueger Hall. Pick up is 9:00pm at Pflueger Hall.
- Thursday, August 1st: Last day check-in is 8:45am at Pflueger Hall. Pick up is 11:00am at Pflueger Hall.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Airport Shuttle Transportation
Please visit the Capital Aeroporter airport shuttle link below for information regarding service to and from campus. Shuttles can drop you off directly in front of ‘PLU-Pfleuger Hall’. Once you have your reservation, please contact our office with the details. We ask that you arrive on campus during check-in and depart campus during check-out - www.capair.com.
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR819. (Available until January 31, 2019). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR819 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK19. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK19 when registering via our secure website.
PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Pacific Lutheran University
Located in the Parkland neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington, PLU is set in a region that offers vast opportunities for outdoor recreation, culture and sports.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 3, 2018: The camp had great coaches and coaching, very well organized!
— Bodie S. Camper
Love This Camp!
August 6, 2018: This was my son's second year at this camp and he had so much fun he is already talking about coming back next year!
— Karen M. Parent
Thank you for this experience!
August 10, 2017: My son had a great experience once again at camp. He had a great repore with his primary coach and felt like he was supported and encouraged by all staff. At one point during the camp, I needed to get a message to our son and I was able to call the Director directly and he was very friendly and helpful. Both years our son has attended I feel like he was in safe hands and with great people. Thank you for this experience.
— Russell C. Parent
August 8, 2017: Great camp! Extremely well organized and excellent pre-camp communication. PLU facilities were also excellent. Our son had a blast and has asked to come back again next year -- and wants to bring more teammates with him!
— Lucy O. Parent
August 8, 2017: Getting together with kids my son plays against at the club and elite level is great. Building the lacrosse community, and sharing skills from a lot of different teaching/coaching persepectives, is wonderful to see.
— Al M. Parent
Thank you so much!
August 8, 2017: Nick really enjoyed your camp. He has been to other camps (UW LAX Camp) and did not learn the skills or have the instructions that your camp provided for him. His skill has improved and he is a more confident goalie today because of it. Thank you so MUCH!!!
August 18, 2016: I want to thank you again for all that Xcelerate has done this summer. Our son has really thrived in the atmosphere of professional coaching and play that you have offered. His quality of play and skill level has increased and he now feels more confident and qualified on the playing field.
— Jane W. Parent
August 16, 2016: I want to thank you and the coaches for doing such a great job. John has really enjoyed Xcelerate. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of coaches for John; they were positive and very motivating and helped John improve his lacrosse skills. He now loves going to practices and spending more time playing lacrosse. Thanks for everything.
— Charlie K. Parent
August 21, 2015: Your camp was fantastic! The skill level of the coaches and personal attention was very helpful. The days were full and intense!
— Miguel S. Parent
We Will Be Back!!
August 20, 2015: My son raved about the excellent instruction and how impressed he was with all the coaches and instructors. He really felt that his game greatly improved and he feels a lot better about his face offs. Thanks and see you again next summer!
— Pat N. Parent