Xcelerate Nike Minnesota Boys Lacrosse Camp at St. Olaf College
Celebrating 15 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Current NLL pro player Dan Coates, and Xcelerate National Director, Brian Lalley, will be directing our Minnesota camp for this first time in 2018! It's a great opportunity to spend time with and learn from some of the best coaches and players in the game today. Just 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities and 1 hour northwest of Rochester, St. Olaf College is the ideal setting for our high performance lacrosse camp.
Campers will have an opportunity to play outdoor and indoor lacrosse, spend free time in the student center, cool off in the swimming pool, and hang out with our coaches by the Thorson fire pit at night.
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dormitory Rooms
- St. Olaf Olympic Size Swimming Pool
- Indoor Lacrosse Facility
- All you can eat college dining buffet!
- Outdoor Fire Pit!
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- St. Olaf Girls only camp also being offered August 5-8
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Coates
Directing camp this summer is Dan Coates. Coach Coates is a professional player with the Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and was a Gold Medal winner with Team Canada.View Dan Coates's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Professional: Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
College: Canisius College
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2015 FIL World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
• 2017 Team Captain - NLL’s Colorado Mammoth
• 2016 Recipient - NLL Colorado Mammoth Jay Jalbert Award - “Ideal teammate who exemplifies selfless play and commitment and dedication to his team”
• 8th Overall Selection in 2011 NLL Draft
• 1st Team All-MAAC - NCAA Division 1 Canisius College
Lacrosse Tips by Dan Coates:
Camp Director Brian Lalley
Directing camp this summer is Brian Lalley. Coach Lalley has a wealth of experience having been a collegiate player at Ohio State University, a college coach at Division 1 Canisus College, and a camp director for Xcelerate since 2013.View Brian Lalley's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Brian Lalley is going into his fifth year as the program director for Xcelerate Lacrosse. Prior to joining Xcelerate Lacrosse, he spent four years with the Canisius College men's lacrosse team, serving as the team's offensive and recruiting coordinator.
During his time with the Golden Griffins, Lalley helped three players earn four All-MAAC selections. He was also a part of the 2012 MAAC Championship team that went on the the NCAA Tournament.
As a collegiate player, Lalley played four seasons at Ohio State University and was a two-year starter at Orchard Park High School, earning All-America, first-team All-Western New York and first-team All-ECIC honors as a midfielder and face-off player.
- 2013-Present - Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Program Director
- 2009-2013 - Assistant Coach at Canisius College
- Coached in the 2012 NCAA Tournament
- 2005-2009 - Ohio State University
- Competed in the 2008 NCAA Tournament
- Academic All Big Ten
Lacrosse Tips by Brian Lalley:
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse: Ground Balls For Short Sticks By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Tip: Behind the Back Pass/Shot By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Lacrosse Tip: Stick Protection By Camp Director Brian Lalley
- Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Tip: Motion Offense By Camp Director Brian Lalley
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, August 5th to Wednesday, August 8th
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
SPECIALTY PRE-CAMP CLINICS
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, August 5th
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Kittelsby Hall.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, August 5th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Kittelsby Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check-out Wednesday, August 8th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Kittelsby Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Kittelsby Hall
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No - No air-conditioning - please BRING A FAN
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, August 5th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30 pm, at Kittelsby Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45 pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- August 6th & 7th: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday, August 8th: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-9:00PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25 (SOLD OUT!)
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
St. Olaf College
Northfield is a historic river town of 20,000 in the southeast part of Minnesota. Known as “The Hill,” St. Olaf College’s picturesque 300-acre campus is home to 10 athletic facilities. Adjacent to campus are 325 acres of restored wetlands, woodlands, and native tallgrass prairie owned and maintained by St. Olaf.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Really enjoyed it!
July 21, 2017: My son really enjoyed meeting new players from around the country and having the opportunity to work on skills at stations and scrimmage with other campers. He also enjoyed the shooting practice with fruit targets and learning more about the rules of girls' lacrosse when they scrimmaged the girl campers.
— Melissa D. Parent0
Learned new skills!
July 14, 2017: I really enjoyed the coaching staff as well as the activities. The food was very good and I felt like in just four days I developed or learned skills that can improve my game right away (roll backs, clearing etc).
— Terry B. Camper0
Thank you for the great week!
July 24, 2016: Instruction was great and the coaches were awesome. I already see improvements in my game. Thank you for the great week!
— Tim M. Camper0
Cannot wait to come back next summer!
July 23, 2016: The coaches were great and helped me improve in the short time there. I really enjoyed working with everyone and cannot wait to come back next summer.
— Mike C. Camper
Great for my confidence!
July 21, 2016: This camp was great for my confidence! After camp, my summer coaches noticed the difference. Can't wait to go back next year!
— Trevor E. Camper
I highly recommend this camp!
July 29, 2015: I had a great time!!!! A lot of fun. I learned a lot of skills and the coaches were great. I highly recommend this camp. Thank you very much for a great experience!
— Ben T. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.