Xcelerate Nike North Carolina Boys Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at UNC Charlotte
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 18TH YEAR IN NORTH CAROLINA!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2023! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by former Pro Player and current Queens University Head Coach, Chris Panos, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
The dormitories provide safe, comfortable housing for campers after a long day on the lacrosse fields. When not on the field, campers will enjoy the swimming pool and the all-you-can-eat meals!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our UNC Charlotte Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Olympic Sized Swimming Pool
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Room
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Chris Panos
Directing camp this summer is Chris Panos, former head coach of the Queens University of Charlotte men’s lacrosse team.View Chris Panos's Bio ⟩
During the 2022 season, the Royals went 12-5 on the season to finish with a 7-3 league record. Heading into their final game of the season in the SAC Semifinals with No. 1 Limestone, the Royals had the fifth-ranked scoring offense in the nation averaging 16.31 goals per game and they were winning by an average of 6.50 goals which ranked 10th nationally.
Following the regular season, four Royals were honored on the SAC All-Conference teams list. Kealan Pilon was named to the first team while Tyler Ewen and Austin Leonard earned second team honors. Will McNichols was recognized on the third team. Pilon was also named an All-American
The Royals had their season cut short last spring due to COVID-19 protocols finishing 7-4 on the season and 7-2 in league play. Despite not playing their final game of the season, they finished the year ranked third in the South Atlantic Conference. Queens also collected a notable win upsetting a sixth-ranked Wingate Bulldogs squad in overtime, 13-12, at home. Four Royals earned SAC All-Conference team honors.
The Royals recorded a 5-2 record ahead of the 2020 season being cancelled due to COVID-19.
In year one, he led Queens to a 13-5 record and their second ever appearance in the NCAA Championships. Additionally, eight Royals were named to the SAC all-conference team and Griffin Stechmiller was named an all-American. Queens completed the season ranked 12th in the final USILA Poll.
The Royals also excelled off the field as Kevin Barry earned the SAC Elite 20 Award and the team was honored with the Royals Service Award.
Queens recorded winning records each of the two seasons with Panos on staff as an assistant coach. In 2017, Queens recorded upset victories over nationally-ranked Wingate, Mount Olive, and Lenoir-Rhyne en route to reaching the South Atlantic Conference Championship game. They went on to close the year ranked 18th nationally. In 2018, the Royals defeated a nationally-ranked Trojans squad again before upsetting perennial powerhouse Limestone College. The win over the Saints was just the second in program history for the Royals.
In addition, Panos was an assistant coach for the Greece Men’s Senior National Team in the summer of 2019 when they finished 19th out of 46 teams in the 2018 FIL World Lacrosse Championships.
Prior to joining the Royals, Panos was an assistant coach for three seasons with the Spartans at the University of Tampa. During that time, the Spartans won three Sunshine State Conference titles and ranked top five nationally.
In addition to working in collegiate athletics Panos is the president and owner of Panos Lacrosse, a premiere lacrosse organization specializing in superior training for young aspiring athletes. His camps, clinics and teams have been highly sought after throughout the United States since 2009. Panos has also been the West Florida Lacrosse Club Director of Coaching while serving as the head coach of the U-13 and U15 teams since 2014.
Prior to entering the collegiate coaching field, Panos coached at the high school level taking a struggling Nathan Hale High School team to the state championships in just three seasons leaving the team ranked top-five in the state of Washington. He also coached Eastlake High School to a top-10 Washington state ranking in two seasons.
A former collegiate athlete himself, Panos attended Hoftstra University helping lead the Pride to two NCAA Tournament appearances in 1995 and 1996. He was named to the NCAA All-American East team both seasons as well. Hofstra was also an NCAA Division I East Conference top-10 team with the four-year starter. Panos received a bachelor's degree in liberal studies from Hofstra in 1996.
Following his collegiate playing career, Panos spent 12 years competing in the National Lacrosse League after going No. 4 in the draft. The 1997 NLL First Round Draft Pick became an NLL World Champion and NLL All-Star as a nine-year Team U.S.A. Indoor Veteran as well. He was also a two-time Team U.S.A. Indoor Bronze Medalist, Team U.S.A. Bowhunter Cup Champion, Team U.S.A. Heritage Cup Champion and three-time Mann Cup Champion.
Panos’ professional playing experience includes time with the Boston Blazers, Brooklyn Redmen Baltimore Thunder, Buffalo Bandits, Victoria Shamrocks, New York Saints, Calgary Roughnecks, Anaheim Storm, Peterborough Lakers, Colorado Mammoth and Chicago Shamrox. Panos retired from the National Lacrosse League in 2011, ranking seventh all-time in goals scored for an American born player. In the fall of 2017 he was rated the No. 19 all-time American born player in the NLL by U.S. Box Lacrosse.
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 23-26
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Sunday between 2:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Holshouser Hall.
- Extended Day Schedule: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
8881 Johnson Alumni Way
Charlotte, NC 28223
Click Here for Directions
Check-in Sunday, July 23rd
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Wednesday, July 26th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Holshouser Hall.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: Holshouser Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- COVID-19 PPE (as required by state and local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Sunday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm. Camp will begin with a brief orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Monday & Tuesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
CAMP DATES: Sunday, July 23rd to Wednesday, July 26th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, and rec time. Below is a template and is subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store, Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
UNC Charlotte's campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home. The Charlotte region has blossomed into a major metropolitan area. UNC Charlotte’s location less than 10 miles from Uptown allows easy access to the city.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Had the time of my life!
July 28, 2019: The coaches were positive and uplifting. They provided an atmosphere with knowledge and passion that grew the love of the game. In the words of my son, “I had the time of my life at this camp!”
— Jaime H. Parent
Had A Blast!
July 25, 2019: My son had a blast at camp. He went with 8 other boys from his school. Of course he loved the fact that he got to stay in dorms. However, he loved the daily sessions more. He said he learned a lot and had a great time!
— Renee T. Parent
June 29, 2018: For my son's first LAX overnight camp experience, he loved it! He was very impressed with the skills of the camp instructors.
— Kathryn S. Parent
Best Lacrosse Camp!
June 29, 2018: This was by far my son's best lacrosse camp. All my son could talk about was how he was able to improve his skills.
— Nathaniel K. Parent
Can't wait to attend next year!
June 29, 2017: My son enjoyed the camp so much he wish it was longer. The camp was run well and UNCC was the perfect place for the camp. My son improved his skills and can't wait to attend next years camp.
— Madison T. Parent
Had a great time at camp!
June 29, 2017: My son had a great time at camp. He can't stop talking about the staff and how much they helped him improve his skill.
— Jack R. Parent
Learned a lot and was able to improve his game!
June 29, 2017: Overall my son enjoyed the camp very much. He learned a lot and was able to improve his game. He was luck enough to go with 5 of his buddies, so it was an overly cool experience because of that. They all learned and got to hang with their buddies.
— Brandon W. Parent
July 12, 2016: I had an awesome time at this Nike LAX camp. We were always active and learning, there was very little down time. All of the coaches were awesome. Each one took the time to know my name and help. After every shift and every drill the coaches had feedback and ways to help me improve. They were always paying attention and always tring to help me get better. It was an awesome experience.
— Tyler K. Camper
The Best Lacrosse Camp!
July 11, 2016: The best lacrosse camp my son has been to. He was so excited to come home and apply everything he had learned. My only complaint was that it was just for a week!
— Chris D. Parent
We will definitely be back next year!
July 11, 2016: My son loved this camp. It was high energy and the coaches were great. He learned a lot about the game. We will definitely be back next year. Thanks again Nike!
— Ella M. Parent
July 9, 2016: I would send my child everyday to this camp. They were so great with my son. He enjoy every bit of it. Wonderful. He learned so much. Coaches were really upbeat and the facilities were great!
— Rob N. Parent
Lots of one-on-one time!
July 17, 2015: The group was relatively small compared to another camp I have attended. This made the coaches more available and more oppoetunities for one-on-one time and personal conversation with coaches. I loved the pre-camp clinic on shooting and dodging and was abel to refine some of my skills even in that short amount of time. I look forward to next year!
— Marcos G. Camper
for people who love lacrosse!
July 14, 2015: Though it might not be as "high-profile" as other camps, but it was instructive, personal, and informative. This camp is exactly what it's meant to be, an enjoyable learning experience for people who love lacrosse.
— Roger S. Parent
See you next year!
July 13, 2015: We were extremely happy with your camp. Our son Jordan was very happy with the coaching and finished the camp with a new enthusiasm for the sport. We will be back next year!
— Angie B. Parent
July 11, 2015: Knowing that your staff took good care of them (especially William who at 10 yrs was one of the youngest) made the camp a winner for my wife and I. Thanks for giving my boys the chance to attend an outstanding program.
— Kim P. Parent
July 10, 2015: My son truely enjoyed working with the coaches and being in an environment that was all about lacrosse. As a fairly new player this was just what he needed to get excited about the game. Our only complaint is that the campus is spread out and the walk from the dorms to the field can be a bit long. Overall this camp was awesome!!
— James H. Parent
July 14, 2014: My son had a fabulous time and feels that he has improved his game! Thanks for all your hard work and for providing an opportunity for our southern boys to experience LAX camp! Sincerely, one very happy mom and son
— Wade P. Parent
July 12, 2014: Connor couldn't stop talking about how awesome the coaches were and how he can't wait to come back next year! Kudos to you and all your guys. What a great program!
— Trish A. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.