Xcelerate Nike Pennsylvania Boys Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at Washington & Jefferson College
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
OUR 5TH YEAR IN PITTSBURGH!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2024! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by W&J Men's Head Coach, Cody Golon, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
A short distance from Pittsburgh, the Washington & Jefferson campus is a perfect summer camp setting with easy walks to the athletic fields, recreation center, and dining hall. Campers will get a true sense of what being a collegiate athlete is all about!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Washington & Jefferson College Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 10 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 10 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dorm Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Cody Golon
Directing camp is the head coach of the Washington & Jefferson men's lacrosse program, Cody Golon.View Cody Golon's Bio ⟩
Cody Golon was named as head coach of the W&J men's lacrosse program on June 28, 2021.
Golon recently spent the past year as the head coach at fellow NCAA Division III member La Roche University. He led the Redhawks to a 2-2 record during an abbreviated 2021 campaign. The Redhawks earned victories over Hiram (10-3) and Wells (11-2).
Before his time at La Roche, Golon was an assistant coach at his alma mater, Seton Hill University, specializing as Offensive Coordinator. Seton Hill finished the 2019 season with a 12-5 record, won the GMAC regular season championship and earned a bid the NCAA Division II Playoffs. In 2020, the Griffins were off to a perfect 6-0 start before the COVID-19 pandemic halted their season.
Prior to his return to Seton Hill, Golon served as the Offensive Coordinator at Peters Township High School for two seasons. At Peters, he helped lead the team to unprecedented success. The Indians posted a 33-11 record, two section and WPIAL championships and two PIAA state playoff berths. The two WPIAL titles were the first ever in school history. Golon also coached three All-Americans, a WPIAL Player of the Year, and multiple All-Section winners.
Golon competed collegiately as a student-athlete with the Griffins. During that time, Seton Hill qualified for the postseason three times. Seton Hill made the NCAA Tournament in 2013 before back-to-back appearances in the ECAC Tournament in 2014-15.
Golon earned his Bachelor’s degree in Communication from Seton Hill University in 2015 and his MBA in 2020.
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 8-11
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 1:00-2:30pm at House 312. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00-2:30pm at House 312.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at House 312.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Washington & Jefferson College
312 E Chestnut St.
Washington, PA 15301
Click Here for Directions - You can park in the Lincoln lot which is next to house 312. Please do not park on the street.
Check-in Monday, July 8th
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at House 312. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at House 312. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Thursday, July 11th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at House 312.
- Dorm: House 211, 301, 312, 315 and 322
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes | No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm at House 312. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Monday, July 8th to Thursday, July 11th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2024-2025 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2024
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2024
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2024
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:00 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store, Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Washington & Jefferson College
Nestled in a residential neighborhood in the center of Washington, Pennsylvania, the Washington & Jefferson College has a blend of historic and modern facilities, with more than 55 buildings on a 65-acre campus. All facilities are within easy walking distance of each other.
July 16, 2022: My son had an amazing time at camp. He enjoyed all the activities. He made new friends and had fun with the coaches and counselors. He felt like the schedule was a good balance of structured activities Vs. Free time. He slept well and was comfortable in his room. He even loved the food. He said that camp was the highlight of his summer and can't wait to go back next year!
July 19, 2023: My daughter said making new friends from different clubs, states, and countries was her favorite part. She said she loved getting an evaluation report. She said the coaches and staff were really nice too!
July 15, 2022: Lax, Lax, Lax scattered with fun times and pizza in the evening. Liked the communal setting in the evening so the boys could hang out and chill together.
July 15, 2022: My son had so much fun and learned so much in a few short days! Excellent Coaches!! We will return and tell our friends/teammates!
July 16, 2023: My son had such an incredible camp experience and learned so much! We highly recommend this camp!
July 19, 2022: Connor found it to be extremely helpful in advancement with his right arm!
July 19, 2023: My son thought the coaches were great and he loved the drills
July 16, 2023: Dorm lifestyle, being with friends who enjoy the same things
July 16, 2023: My sons enjoying everyday and winning a new Nike Shaft
July 17, 2023: Son learned skills to improve his game
July 16, 2023: Drills were made fun for our son
July 19, 2023: Building and reinforcing skills
I really liked the energy and attitude of the coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.