Xcelerate Nike North Carolina Girls Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at UNC Charlotte
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 18TH YEAR IN NORTH CAROLINA!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2023! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by Belmont Abbey College Head Coach, Molly Lehman-Lewis, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our UNC Charlotte Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Olympic Sized Swimming Pool
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Room
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Molly Lehman-Lewis
Directing camp is Molly Lehman-Lewis who begins her third season as Head Women's Lacrosse Coach at Belmont Abbey College.View Molly Lehman-Lewis's Bio ⟩
She started her coaching career at The Abbey in 2010, where she worked primarily with defenders and goaltenders, while also playing a large role in recruiting and scouting reports. Lewis holds a 25-14 overall record, including 16-4 in conference play.
Prior to her return, Lehman-Lewis spent three years running CLT Lacrosse, Inc., where she was the director of Little Sticks Lacrosse. During that time, she also worked as a varsity assistant for Myers Park High School (2015-17) and assisted at Queens (spring 2017). Additionally, Lehman-Lewis has worked as the Director of Coaching with Queen City Star's Elite Girls Lacrosse Club for eight years and is a Coaching Development Trainer with US Lacrosse.
A 2010 graduate of SUNY-Potsdam with a degree in Psychology, Lehman-Lewis was a four-year letter winner as an attacker for the Bears. She scored 115 goals during her career including a team-high 53 during her junior season. She accumulated 111 draw controls during her senior season which is still a SUNY Potsdam single-season record. She was named a team captain as a senior and was Team MVP in both 2009 and 2010.
Coaches Xcelerate Girls Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 23-26
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Sunday between 2:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Holshouser Hall.
- Extended Day Schedule: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
8881 Johnson Alumni Way
Charlotte, NC 28223
Click Here for Directions
Check-in Sunday, July 23rd
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at Holshouser Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Wednesday, July 26th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Holshouser Hall.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: Holshouser Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- COVID-19 PPE (as required by state and local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Sunday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm. Camp will begin with a brief orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Monday & Tuesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Wednesday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Sunday, July 23rd to Wednesday, July 26th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 2:00PM-8:45PM, MON-TUE 9:00AM-8:45PM, WED 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, and rec time. Below is a template and is subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
UNC Charlotte's campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home. The Charlotte region has blossomed into a major metropolitan area. UNC Charlotte’s location less than 10 miles from Uptown allows easy access to the city.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Favorite camp to date!
July 26, 2019: My daughter came home SUPER enthused about camp and LAX. She said the attention she got and the skill building was very beneficial and will help her on her HS team. She said it was her favorite LAX camp to date!
— Jennifer G. Parent
July 25, 2019: My daughter came home an even more confident person. She was overflowing with excitement and gratitude. The lacrosse portion was her favorite part! This was her first overnight camp, and we definitely picked the right one!
— Marc A. Parent
Enjoyed the entire experience!
July 9, 2018: My daughter enjoyed the entire experience. She tried out a new position and learned a lot. She feels more confident with her playing now.
— Heidi M. Parent
July 5, 2018: I had an amazing time meeting new people and learning valuable lacrosse skills which I can take with me through high school and college.
— Christina K. Camper
July 8, 2017: My daughter really enjoyed this Camp. She went to the UNC Chapel Hill LAX camp the week before and did not love it at all. There were 300 plus girls there and it was just too crazy. Olivia really enjoyed this smaller environment and camp size at UNC Charlotte. More focus on smaller groupings was great for her. She also liked that the housing was really nice being in more of an apartment than a small little dorm where eight girls shared a bathroom. She felt the instructors in Charlotte were great and wants to come back to this one next year instead of UNC Chapel Hill. Great job!
— Maddie B. Parent
Can't wait till next year!
June 29, 2016: The welcoming environment made camp so much fun and a great place to gain skills and knowledge about the game. My coach was very helpful and gave excellent feedback. She was really good about working with us individually and making sure that we all knew what to work on. I really enjoyed the camp can't wait till next year!
— Alicia T. Camper
June 30, 2015: This was an amazing camp I learned a lot and made some amazing friends. The staff was great both on the field and off. And I would gladly go back another year!
— Candice M. Camper
June 28, 2015: My daughter attended your camp at UNC Charlotte this past summer and I could not believe the change in her. It was great that she was placed with her own level of skill in the morning but was able to play with better players in the evening and being able to learn from that. The small skill groups and stations kept it interesting for her and gave her good one on one time with the coaches. I would highly recommend this camp to others due to the level of experience and knowledge of it's coaches.
— Roger B. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.