Xcelerate Nike New York Girls Lacrosse DAY Camp in Buffalo
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 9TH YEAR IN BUFFALO!
We Love Camp! Summer is the time to have SOME FUN!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by Canisius College Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach, Ashley O'Brien, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Buffalo Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- 10 to 1 Camper to Coach ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Nike Reversible Practice Jersey
- Special Goalie instruction
- Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ashley O'Brien
Canisius College Assistant Coach, Ashley O’Brien, will direct our Buffalo Camp!View Ashley O'Brien's Bio ⟩
Ashley O'Brien begins her first season with Canisius College in 2022-2023. A former four-year standout for Buffalo State, O’Brien served a pair of stints as an assistant coach with the Bengals and acted as the interim head coach during the 2018 season, leading the team to a 7-11 record and a berth in the SUNYAC playoffs, while Lindsay Byrnes was on maternity leave. She guided the Bengals to a 7-9 overall record in her second season at the helm in 2019.
O’Brien first coached at Buffalo State as an assistant in 2012, and then rejoined the staff in 2014 before being promoted to associate head coach in 2017. She also spent two seasons as an assistant coach with Medaille College and worked at the club level with the Honeoye Falls-Lima Lacrosse Club as well as with the Buffalo Wings Lacrosse Club.
During her playing career as a Bengal, O’Brien was named first-team All-SUNYAC in 2009 and 2011, and to the SUNYAC All-Tournament Team in 2008 and 2009. The goalkeeper was also named the school’s 2008 First-Year Female Athlete of the Year.
A native of Penfield, O’Brien earned her bachelor’s degree in biological psychology with a minor in athletic coaching from Buffalo State in 2011 and completed her master’s degree in biology in 2020.
Coaches Xcelerate Girls Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 17-20
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:30am at Nichols School.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
Click Here for Directions
Monday, July 17th to Thursday July 20th
- Check in Day 1: 8:30am at Nichols School
- Check in Day 2, 3 & 4: 9:00am at Nichols School
- Check out: 3:00pm at Nichols School
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Nichols School Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Please Bring a Healthy Lunch and Snack Each Day
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
CAMP DATES: MONDAY, JULY 17TH - THURSDAY, JULY 20TH
Day Camp (9:00AM to 3:00PM)
CAMP LOCATION: Nichols School
- Monday: Check-in between 8:30am-9:00am. Pick up time is 3:00pm.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Drop off at 9:00am. Pick up is 3:00pm.
- Daily Schedule: Day Camp (9:00am to 3:00pm)
- Please Note: Bring Lunch and a filled Water Bottle to Camp each day - Lunch is NOT provided.
We have 2 sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the afternoon session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities throughout the week including our fastest shot contest and freestyle/skills competition.
We have 3 Divisions in our Day Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 AM Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 2:00 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 3:00 PM Campers depart
Nichols School is a private, non-denominational, co-educational college-preparatory day school in Buffalo, New York.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.