Player ONE powered by Nike Soccer Camps - San Francisco
Experience. Hard work. Passion
Improve your skills with views of the Golden Gate Bridge!
Player One is the ultimate training camp for soccer players in San Francisco!
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt
- Unique, Professional Player ONE Camp Curriculum
- Low Camper to Coach Ratio of 12:1
- Daily pictures posted through out website. Taken on the day, posted on the day! Guaranteed over 500 pictures each day.
- Camp live streaming! Watch your Player One live!
- Personalized Player One profile including camp evaluation form and an FDP ( future development plan ) We will give your Player One ideas and tips on how to improve after the camp is over.
- Daily and weekly player prizes and awards
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Matthew Favela
Born and raised in California, Matt Favela grew up with an intrinsic love of soccer. His passion for the game led him to play in college for nationally-ranked, West Valley College. Coach Favela went on and achieved his degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise and movement science from San Francisco State University.View Matthew's Bio ⟩
Coach Favela’s love for playing the beautiful game is only exceeded by his love for teaching motivated players how to play quality soccer. Coach Favela has had the privilege of coaching soccer for over 12 years throughout the Bay Area. Not only has Coach Favela gained experience through running competitive soccer programs with clubs such as the De Anza Force, but he has also helped build and develop soccer programs for several high schools, both public and private, across the Bay Area.
After spending four years elevating the soccer program at Town School for Boys, Coach Favela has spent the last year developing the entire soccer program, for both the girls and boys, as the Coaching Director at Bay High School in San Francisco. In addition, Coach Favela runs a supplemental training program in San Francisco known as Player One Soccer SF powered by Nike Sports and SKLZ. Player One Soccer SF is a unique, club neutral program developed to allow a more player-centric approach to training.
Throughout the years, Coach Favela has proven to be an inspiring and insightful coach to all ages. From grade school to local collegiate and semi-professional athletes, Coach Favela is able to focus on the individual needs of each athlete and formulate a program to help each player develop technically to reach their highest potential on the field. Coach Favela brings the highest standards to training sessions by utilizing his expertise and background in Kinesiology to develop challenging, yet fun trainings and camps that focus on the technical development of players in order to improve their overall level of play.
Camp Director Ben Maxwell
A native of Scotland, Ben Maxwell has been coaching in the USA for 13 years. Ben has coached in 10 states, and has been settled in California for 10 years. In his time in California, Ben has proven to be one of the top youth soccer coaches, notably when it comes to the long term technical development of the player.View Ben Maxwell's Bio & Soccer Tips ⟩
Amongst his multiple accomplishments in youth soccer, Ben is most proud of the players he has coached who have reached the highest levels. Currently, Ben has players taking part in the US Soccer National Team Training Center, US Soccer Development Academy(USSDA), Elite Clubs National League (ECNL ), National Premier League (NPL) and NorCal Premier League. Ben also has currently 10 players in the prestigious NorCal PDP and IDP system.
Coach Maxwell holds himself to the highest of standards when it comes to preparation and communication. A strong communicator, Ben is always available to provide feedback to the player and his/her family. When it comes to preparation, Ben takes every detail into account when planning camps, training sessions, FDP's (future development plans). This preparation is easy to notice when viewing the quality of training sessions that he produces.
Maxwell's love for the sport, and desire to help young players is what underlines his overall enthusiasm to teach the game of soccer. To be the ultimate coach, Ben believes you need to know the game, and the people who play it. Through 15 years coaching experience, studying the top coaches here in the USA and all over Europe, Maxwell has created a program unique in its development, presented and implemented to the highest of standards.
Soccer Tips by Ben Maxwell:
Coed: August 12-15
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Friday at 2:30PM
Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday 9AM-3PM
Camp is open to ages 5-16, all ability levels. Youth soccer players have the opportunity to train for the best through presentations, on-field training, small-sided games and a video evaluation.Show Less See More Camp Details
About Player One
Player One Soccer was created in 2016 provide a more personal, professional, detail-orientated program for the aspiring young soccer player. Through years of experience, hard work and passion, Player One Soccer has created an unique camp structure with the primary focus on improving each individual player above and beyond their own highest vision of capability. Our staff are hand picked, fully trained, and experienced. They are full time, year round, professional youth soccer coaches and educators. Coaches are selected first on their ability to interact and inspire, then their willingness to always put in extra to improve each player. Our Player One camp profile is like no other. Each camper will receive a packet at the end of the week with a Player One individual camp photo and a full camper evaluation. Our staff take care to ensure you continue to improve long after the camp is over. Coaches are available on the last day to give one-on-one feedback to players and parents. Our staff take care to ensure you continue to improve long after the camp is over. A specialized camp curriculum is offered, ever evolving and created through years of experience and study, executed with the highest levels of professionalism. Your Player One is guaranteed to improve and to be inspired from our week of camp.
Ratio: 1:10 Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
- Water bottle
- Shin guards cleats
- Turf shoes
Transportation is not provided by the camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring is emailed to all registered campers. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they are collected on the first day of camp.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30-9:00 Check- in, interaction with coaches
- 9:00-9:10 Intro to the day, recap of previous day
- 9:10-9:45 am Warm Up. All warm up stations include speed agility quickness, coordination, balance, and ball work activity. We use a ball for everything and combine soccer specific movements into our warmups.
- 9:50-10:40 am Technical Stations. Dribbling, ball mastery, control, balance and coordination skill stations last 3 minutes each, and players are grouped with 3-5 players per small group.
- 10:45-10:55 am Snack
- 11:00-12:00 Main Stations. Players are now grouped in larger groups based on age and ability, and work through 4 x 15 min stations including but not limited to - Scrimmage, 1v1, 2v2, flying changes, finishing, crossing and finishing, handball, mini scrimmage.
- 12:05-1:00 Morning Camper leave 12.05pm. Afternoon campers eat lunch in the shade until 1pm.
- 1:05-3:00 Afternoon scrimmages/World Cup Tournament. Yes! We do a tournament every day for the afternoon campers.
- 3:05 Check out
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Thank you for a great camp experience!
August 14, 2018: My son learned how to get into open spaces and work more effectively with team. My son's highlight of the camp was being able to play soccer with others at his pace and more advanced. Thank you for a great camp experience!
— Cheri O. Parent
Please offer more weeks of camp!
August 11, 2018: How to have fun and to increase footy skills and be the type of player others want to play with. They looked forward to learning how to take on others on the dribble and gain confidence on the ball. Please offer more weeks!
— Nic B. Parent