Nike Swim Camp at Salisbury University
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
USSC is excited to offer our 2nd annual Nike Swim Camp this summer at Salisbury University which is located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore halfway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay.
Camp will be held in the beautiful Maggs Center, used by the Salisbury Men's and Women's Swim teams, attached to the Maggs Physical Activities Center just off Business Rt. 13. Overnight campers will reside in Student Residence Halls located a short walk from the pool and dining hall.
This camp is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- For competitive swimmers only
- Stroke technique refinement
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Nate Parsley
Nate Parsley enters his first season as the head coach of the Salisbury University men's and women's swimming programs in 2021-22.View Nate Parsley's Bio ⟩
Parsley served as the head men's and women's swim coach and aquatics director at Arcadia University from 2017-20. The Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) Coach of the Year in 2020, Parsley guided the men's and women's swim teams to three consecutive top-three finishes at the MAC Championships from 2018-20, 625 personal records, 40 program records, six MAC records, 14 Lenox Pool records, 14 MAC champions and three NCAA Division III B cuts.
At Arcadia, Parsley amassed a 57-12 record with a .826 winning percentage. The men's and women's teams set program records for most dual-meet wins in a single season. The women's team finished the 2017-18 seasons undefeated with an 11-0 mark while the men went 9-0-1 in the 2020 season.
Prior to Arcadia, Parsley was the assistant men's and women's swim coach at Rowan University from 2013-15 and at Haddonfield High School from 2012-13.
Parsley also has experience coaching softball, serving as the first full-time assistant with the Rowan Profs since the spring of 2020, as well as a part-time assistant from 2009-16. He spent time with Division I Radford as an assistant coach from 2016-17.
A two-year captain and a standout student-athlete during his undergraduate swim career, Parsley earned his Bachelor of Arts in education in Dec. 2012 and a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration in May 2016 from Rowan.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Salisbury University is offering one week of overnight with an extended day camp (9:00am-9:00pm) option for ages 10-18.
- Dates: June 26-29
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00pm-3:00pm at Pocomoke Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:30pm-3:00pm at Pocomoke Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation and parents are welcome to attend.
- Check-out: All campers check-out at 11:30am on Thursday. Exact time and location of the camp closing ceremony will be confirmed by the camp director on the first day of camp.
- Day Schedule: MON 3PM-8:30PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
Salisbury, MD 21801
Click Here for Directions
- Dorm: Pocomoke Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Dinner provided on Sunday; Lunch is provided Monday and Tuesday.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Maggs Center Swimming Pool
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Weather appropriate clothing for 3 nights/4 days
- Dryland training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- 2-3 Swimsuits
- Swim Cap(s)
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/flip flops
- Spending Money ($25-50)
- Linens (twin sheets & blankets or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase)
- Bath Towel
- Snorkel (optional)
- No Fan Needed - dorm has AC
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: swimsuit, swim cap, goggles, towel, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, sandals, water bottle, dry land gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt) and any other appropriate clothing for that day’s activities which will be described to you on the first day of camp.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to swim. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Extended Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner is provided.
- Thursday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-12:00pm (noon). Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: MON 2PM-8:30PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 AM Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 PM Supervised Free Time
- 1:30 PM Pool Session 2 & Dry land exercises
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:30 PM Evening Activities (Water Polo, Capture the Flag, Movie, etc.)
- 9:30 PM Supervised free time in dorm
- 10:00 PM Lights out!
Maggs Center Swimming Pool
The Maggs Center Swimming Pool, a six-lane, 25-meter pool, is home to the Salisbury University men's and women's swimming teams.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.