Nike Swim Camp at the College of New Jersey
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Former longtime Head Swim Coach, Brian Bishop, has designed a fantastic curriculum that will provide competitive swimmers with an exciting week at the Nike Swim Camp at The College of New Jersey. Campers will be challenged to improve their stroke technique through mental, technical, and physical training.
TCNJ’s Georgian Colonial campus occupies 289 landscaped acres in suburban Ewing, New Jersey. The College is approximately 5 miles from Trenton, the state capital, 10 miles from Princeton, and one hour from both Philadelphia and New York.
The Nike Swim Camp New Jersey is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- Stroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Fun evening social activities
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brian Bishop
Directing camp this summer is Brian Bishop. Coach Bishop retired after 31 years as the Men’s Head Swim Coach at The College of New Jersey.View Brian Bishop's Bio ⟩
Bishop closed out his coaching career after 29 seasons at the helm during which he has produced a 229-56 dual meet record, 18 METRO Conference Championships, 72 All-Americans that have accumulated 187 All-American Honors, two individual NCAA Champions, and four NCAA Championship relays.
Bishop came to TCNJ after earning both his undergraduate and masters degrees from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He was selected as New Jersey Athletic Conference Coach of the Year in 1990, 94, 2009, 10, 12, 13, and 14 as well as METRO Coach of the Year in 1994, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, and 17. In 1989 he received a service award from AAHPERD, and in 2001 he received a service award from the NJSIAA.
Bishop earned his highest individual honor after the 2014-15 season, when he was named NCAA Division III National Swimming Coach of the Year.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, TCNJ is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (Day Camp 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) option for ages 10-18. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- Dates: June 26-29
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Overnight & Day (commuter)
- Check-in: Overnight Campers - check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Monday at Eickhoff Hall. There will be a camp orientation meeting at and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time. Day Campers - check-in takes place at 2:00pm on Monday in Eickhoff Hall (early arrival is discouraged and is meant for overnight campers).
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony between 4:00-4:30pm at the pool on Thursday. Camp concludes immediately following the closing ceremony. Overnight Campers check-out of the dorms and Day Campers are picked up at the pool.
- Day Schedule: MON 2PM-8PM, TUE-THURS 9AM-4:30PM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Dinner is provided on Monday; Lunch is provided on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for all Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Rd
Ewing, NJ 08628
**Parents are encouraged to drop off campers at the roundabout in front of Eickhoff Hall, and then park at Decker Garage Lot 13 and walk back to the check-in location. Alternatively, parents may go straight to the parking location and walk with the campers towards the check-in location**
- Dorm: Eickhoff Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes | Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Dinner provided on Monday; Lunch is provided Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: The College of New Jersey Aquatic Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Weather appropriate clothing for 3 nights/4 days
- Dryland training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- 2-3 Swimsuits
- Swim Cap(s)
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/flip flops
- Spending Money ($25-50)
- Linens (twin XL sheets & blankets or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase)
- Bath Towel
- Dorm has AC - No fan needed
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online)
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: swimsuit, swim cap, goggles, towel, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, sandals, water bottle, dry land gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt) and any other appropriate clothing for that day’s activities which will be described to you on the first day of camp.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to swim. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday-Thursday: Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-4:30pm. Lunch is provided.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: MON 1PM-8PM, TUE-FRI 9AM-5PM
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:30 am Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Rest/Supervised Free Time
- 1:30 pm Pool Session 2
- 5:00 pm Day Campers depart
- 5:30 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Pool Session 3 - Starts, Turns, Relay Races
- 9:30 pm Supervised free time in dorm
- 10:00 pm Lights out!
The College of New Jersey
The College of New Jersey Aquatic Center measures 126 feet by 67 feet and the pool is divided by a movable bulkhead that separates the diving well from the main pool. The diving well measures 67 feet by 48 feet and has 2 one-meter and 2 three-meter diving boards as well as 2 lap lanes. The main pool has 8 lap lanes that are 25 yards long.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival at TCNJ, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
cannot wait to return next year
I will do it again for sure!
July 13, 2016: This camp is extremely educational and a perfect confidence buster for my little swimmer. I will do it again for sure. Thank you for such a great camp Nike!
— Adrianna V. Parent
July 19, 2012: My son had a great time. He was excited to attend everyday and learned so much!!!! As a new swimmer this experience was outstanding.
— Crystal W. Parent
Practice Makes Perfect
July 19, 2012: The coaching staff was great. I had a really good time and learned new stuff to practice.
— Sonya D. Camper
Nike knows camps!
July 11, 2013: Nike knows camps! The swim camp we attended was professionally run with the kids as the #1 priority. Counselors are top notch, and we never had to worry our child was not being looked after. Bravo, from an over protective parent!
— William C. Parent
Had a great time.
July 12, 2013: Very well organized, great communication, safety first priority, positive instruction and highly motivational camp. We'd certainly recommend a Nike camp to everyone.
— Sasha C. Parent
She had a blast!
July 14, 2013: This was an incredible experience for my daughter. She was so excited to fill me in on the day’s activities and even more excited to tell us what she was learning. I’ve never heard this type of excitement from my daughter about any camp or activity she has done in the past as we did with this camp. She now has a new spark for swimming and she can’t wait for her fall season to start. She had a blast.
— Craig J. Parent
Keep up the good work!
July 16, 2013: It just not any camp. It's a camp where excellent and top swimming drills are being taught. Keep up the good work!
— Brooke D. Camper
July 12, 2015: Came home from camp, straight to division champs, 4 out of 5 best times right off the bat!
— Violet K. Parent
July 14, 2015: I would definitely recommend this camp to other swimmers. My daughter Jenna really enjoyed it, and felt that she learned a lot as well. The swim instructors did a great job teaching and reinforcing stroke technique.
— Michael M. Parent
Improve your stroke technique!
July 15, 2015: My daughter was able to drop a few seconds and get her gold time to qualify for Jr Olympics. She also mentioned that she felt faster after the camp and that her streamlining had improved.
— Maura O. Parent
July 15, 2015: I had an awesome week at Nike swim camp! I felt like part of a team right from the start! We worked and played hard and had a great time.
— Jalen E. Camper
July 16, 2015: This experience was about so much more than swimming for my family. My 16 year old, who is quite hesitant about going away to college, had such an amazing experience. She gained so much confidence both in and out of the pool, she is seriously considering applying to TCNJ and living on campus. The lowered swim times are just an extra benefit.
— Zoe P. Parent
July 18, 2015: My kids had been to other swim camps, and they came home and said this was BY FAR the best!! I watched the interaction between the staff and my boys, and was so impressed by how well the coaches knew my kids. It was a wonderful experience for them!
— Emily S. Parent
Money more than well spent!!!
July 12, 2016: My son texted me half way thru the camp how he was so happy he made the decision to attend. The camp not only made him love the sport even more but made him appreciate all it takes to compete and motivated him to be the best he can be." Best news a parent can hear. Money more than well spent!!!
— Heather S. Parent
Planning for 2020!
July 24, 2019: She enjoyed every moment of her time at camp. She barely wanted to check in, she was so tired (in a good way) from training and bonding with new friends. The program overall has been a great experience for her and she and her friends are planning for 2020!
— Ayana J. Parent
You will have fun!
July 14, 2016: The Nike Swim Camp at the College of New Jersey was a great way to learn more about the different strokes and meet new friends. The fact is whether you do overnight or just during the day, you will have fun! I did overnight and it was great because I got to share a room with a girl my own age. It was fun to make a friend that cares about swimming just as much as I do! I had a great time bonding with my counselors and fellow swimmers. I would definitely consider going back next year.
— Jane B. Camper
July 6, 2017: Our daughter had a great experience and greatly improved her swim techniques. She also enjoyed the free activities and being on a college campus.
— Mark W. Parent
July 6, 2017: Excellent experience for my swimmer. He learned a lot and the results are evident in his times. Dropped a lot in all his events the weekend after camp!
— Haley S. Parent
July 7, 2017: I loved that it was technique focused. My kids found the instruction easier to follow than other previous swim clinic/camp experiences. Our son thought Coach Adam was excellent. My son, also dropped time in 3 of his 4 events at the last day meet. The kids liked the independence and liked the free time activities such as dodge-ball.
— Wes C. Parent
July 7, 2017: Starts & turns coaching made a huge difference to our daughter's swim. She's much more confident and feels that she learnt so much in 4 days! Coach Angelo was also mentioned by our daughter as being fun and really kind. This was her first sleep away camp so after a few tiring days she started to feel homesick. She said he was very kind to her and she managed to keep swimming. Thank you!
— James J. Parent
Memories will last a lifetime!
July 8, 2017: My daughter enjoyed every second of camp! She worked hard on her techniques and clearly improved in just 4 days. She had a PR in two events at the last day swim meet. The coaches and staff were well organized, good role models, and very encouraging. The memories our daughter made this week, hanging out with her new friends, will last a lifetime! Thank you!
— Sophia L. Parent
Loved ever minute!
July 8, 2017: My daughter loved every minute of camp. She made some good friends, had fun, and worked hard all at the same time. She shaved seconds off every stroke and had her best times recorded while there. She also won the "Most Improved" award and I thought that was very special. We wish more weeks were offered, our daughter would love to attend more days!
— David K. Parent
See you next summer!
July 8, 2017: My daughter loved her first overnight camp. Her counselors were outstanding and she felt they were very qualified in instructing her. She absolutely loved meditation and relaxation day. My daughter had such a great experience. When asked about going again next year, she said "definitely!" We look forward to seeing you again next summer...thank you for a wonderful week!
— Ashley D. Parent
3rd time campers!
July 10, 2017: This is our kids 3rd year going to NIKE swim camp. They looked great at the meet today. I see a nice improvement on their walls. They loved meeting new friends. Coach Bishop runs a wonderful program that is a combination of learning and fun. I feel confident leaving my children in his care.
— Jason Y. Parent
July 11, 2017: This is an excellent swim camp!! My daughter had a 3-day Invitational swim meet the weekend following her return from camp. She dropped time in all of her events and even got her first gold (Junior Olympic) time of long course season this year in her new age group (11/12) in 50 fly!!! She has Silver/Bronze coming up and is anxious to get more gold times! She only called me once during her time away, and it was to say things were going great and she wants to return next year!
— Alice L. Parent
May 29, 2018: My daughter loved everything about the camp ... the swimming, the coaches, making new friends, the campus, the activities out of the pool. It was a great experience for her!
— Michelle M. Parent
July 23, 2019: This was our 10-year old daughter's first sleep away camp experience. The camp director runs an amazing program! The ratio of coaches to campers was 6:1 which is fantastic supervision. There is a swim meet at the end of the week and my daughter did a best time in the 50 Free. She made tons of new friends, experienced "college dorm life", and learned a tremendous amount in the pool. Our daughter wants to return again next summer because she had such a wonderful experience!
— Amy B. Parent
She had the time of her life!
July 24, 2019: This was my daughter's first experience being away from home and it was a great success. She had the time of her life doing what she loves (swimming) while making new friends and memories that will last a lifetime. She said that she wants to return next year.
— Avis W. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.