Nike Swim Camp at Pace University
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Come join us at swim camp this summer 2023 at Pace University and learn from the best! Under the direction of the Pace University Head Swim Coach, Victor Penaloza, our curriculum combines elite-level stroke technique instruction with a fantastic summer camp experience!
Our staff is committed to helping competitive swimmers improve their stroke technique and to bring out the very best in every swimmer we coach. Camp will be held at the beautiful Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness and Recreation Center.
This camp is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- For competitive swimmers only
- Stroke technique refinement
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Day Camp 9:00am-4:00pm
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Victor Penaloza
Victor Penaloza was named the head coach of Pace Swimming and Diving on April 5, 2022.View Victor Penaloza's Bio ⟩
After serving as a volunteer coach for the Setters for four years, Penaloza was made an assistant coach during the 2021-22 season.
In addition to his duties in Pleasantville, Penaloza is also currently the Aquatics Director and head coach of the nearby Ardsley Country Club and an assistant head coach of the Rivertown Rays swim team.
Penaloza has led young men and women in the pool since his days as a lifeguard instructor at the YMCA back in 2000, where he worked his way into becoming the head swim instructor, then the manager on duty, and finally the head coach of the swim team which he helped to co-found.
A molder of more than 30 national-level swimmers, Penaloza helped guide both Pace squads to sixth-place finishes at the NE10 championships this past season. He was also a member of the Setters' coaching staff during the men's team's best-ever finish of third place at the 2019 NE10 Championships.
Just as important as his Pace student-athletes' successes in the water, a Setter swimmer or diver has won the NE10 Elite 24 Award for the highest GPA in the conference every season that Penaloza has been with the program.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, we are offering one week day camp (9:00am-4:00pm) for ages 9-17. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.\
- Dates: August 7-10
- Age Group: 9-17
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:30am at Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks each day.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center
765 Bedford Rd
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Click Here for Directions. For best access to The Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness and Recreation Center, use Entrance 3 off Route 117.
Check-in: Monday, August 7th
- Check-in Monday at 8:30am at the Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center.
Check-out: Thursday, August 10th
- Check-out takes place at 4:00pm Monday to Thursday.
There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to drop off and pick up your child on time.
Lunch is not provided. Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Healthy Lunch & Snacks each day
- Dryland training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- Swim Cap(s)
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/flip flops
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: MON-THUR 9:00AM-4:00PM
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Campers Check-In
- 9:15 AM Pool Session 1
- 11:30 AM Lunch
- 12:30 pm Discussion/Stretching
- 1:00 PM Dry-Land Excercises
- 2:00 PM Pool Session 2
- 4:00 PM Campers Depart
Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center
The 75,000-square foot Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness & Recreation Center is located on Pace's Pleasantville Campus. The facility includes a 2,400-seat arena, scoreboards with message center, walking/jogging track, aerobics/dance room, fitness room with cardio theater, eight-lane natatorium, locker rooms, equipment room, VIP room, meeting room, concession stand, athletics staff offices, training facility and health care unit. The facility is home to the Pace University Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving, and Women's Volleyball teams. For best access to The Ann and Alfred Goldstein Health, Fitness and Recreation Center, use Entrance 3 off Route 117.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.