Nike Tennis Camp at Bush Tennis Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
This new tennis day camp in Texas takes place at Bush Tennis Center, in Midland TX. Open to boys and girls of all skill levels, this junior tennis camp invites everyone to enjoy a summer of serious fun on the courts!
The Bush Tennis Center camp is equipped to handle instruction for the beginner level to the high performance athlete. Boys & girls, ages 8-18 of all skill levels, can join us in the fun this summer!
- Instruction from tennis pros Michelle and Tim Stallard, with their expert staff
- 5-6 hours daily tennis training; low camper-to-staff ratio
- Program for all ability levels
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Michelle Stallard
Michelle recently joined the BTC team as Director of Tennis and Athletics following 16 years as Director of Tennis at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Michelle has achieved excellence in all levels of her tennis career.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
As a junior tennis player, she was ranked #1 in the USTA Southern Section (five states), top 15 in the U.S. and reached the finals of the USTA Easter Bowl Championships. Following her junior career, she earned a full tennis scholarship to the University of Texas at Austin. As a Longhorn, Michelle won the Southwest Conference "Triple Crown" with singles, doubles, and team titles, and NCAA Division 1 Academic All American Honors. Michelle is also a certified Pickleball Instructor by the IPTPA.
Michelle graduated from UT-Austin with a BS in Exercise Physiology and Corporate Fitness. She is currently on the Board of Directors of the United States Professional Tennis Association and has been certified by the USPTA as an elite level 1 tennis professional.
Co-Director Tim Stallard
Tim Stallard serves as the Executive Director at the Bush Tennis Center.View Tim's Bio ⟩
He has over 35 years of experience as a tennis professional. Tim has developed 11 Texas High School State Singles Champions. 7 NCAA All-Americans and 4 USTA National Champions. His students have earned scholarships to top NCAA Division 1 schools including the University of Texas at Austin, Stanford, UCLA, TCU, SMU, Baylor, Georgia, UVA and Texas A&M. Tim served as an assistant coach for University of Texas at Austin from 1999-2001 where he helped coach the Longhorns to two confernece championships and the NCAA Final Four. Tim is a certified professional by the USPTA.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 10-14
We offer Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) camps for boys and girls, ages 8-18, of all ability levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check in on Monday at 8:30am
- Check-out: All campers check out on Friday at 12:00pm
- Day Camp Program: Monday 8:30am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Meals: Lunch is included for all campers, Monday-Thursday.
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Bush Tennis Center is a world-class facility that is second to none in Texas
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.Camp Code: TNXDBC
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Full Day Tennis Program
With nineteen full size lighted courts, including a stadium court, two quick-start junior courts and 6 pickleball courts, Bush Tennis Center is a world class facility that is second to none in Texas. Upon its completion, Bush Tennis Center will be the second largest tennis center in the world, with over 60 courts including covered courts and indoor clay courts.
Bush Tennis Center is also the home to the "new" Chris Davidson Opportunity Park. This park lets families and children of all circumstances play and congregate together at Bush Tennis Center.
June 17, 2023: Diversity in coaching styles that expanded knowledge and experience. Match time.
June 17, 2023: Fun but learned new skills and improved old skills
he appeared more mature
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.