Nike Tennis Camp at Lake Forest Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps invite you to join us this summer on the beautiful campus of Lake Forest Academy. From the facilities, instruction, coaches, and overall environment, this camp is the ideal location for girls and boys looking to take their game to the next level. Each day campers receive hours of instruction, friendly competition, and fundamental training and have a lot of fun doing it!
This Chicago-area tennis camp is designed for boys and girls of all skill levels ages 8-18!
- Instruction from Ryan Jump and his excellent staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Low camper to coach ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ryan Jump
Ryan Jump M '20 joined the North Central College coaching staff in the summer of 2017, becoming the first full-time head coach of the men's and women's tennis programs in the history of the College. In just three years Jump has already become the second-winningest head coach in program history, turning both programs into College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) contenders.View Ryan's Bio ⟩
- 69-37 career record
- 17 All-CCIW selections
- 13 CCIW Player of the Week awards
- Three CCIW Championships
- 2021, 2022 CCIW Automatic Qualifier Champions
- Three-time CCIW Coach of the Year (Spring 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022)
- 19 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) All-Academic Individuals
- Three ITA Team All-Academic Awards (2018, 2019, 2020)
- One individual singles champion (Alaina Kanthaphixay, No. 3 singles 2018)
- 49-38 career record
- Seven All-CCIW selections
- Eight CCIW Player of the Week awards
- 2021 CCIW Coach of the Year
- 13 ITA All-Academic Individuals
- ITA Team All-Academic (2018)
- Four-time All-CCIW selection at Carthage College
- Two-time NCAA Division III Championship qualifier
- All-time winningest player at Carthage with 91 career singles wins
- Three-year team captain
- CCIW’s Merle Chapman Leadership Award winner in 2016
- Graduated from Carthage in the spring of 2016 with bachelor's degrees in communications and public relations
- Graduated with a master's degree with an emphasis in leadership studies from North Central in the spring of 2020
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 12-16
- June 19-23
- June 26-30
We are offering Day Camps (9:00am-3:00pm) that run Monday-Friday. Camp is geared towards boys and girls, ages 8-18, of all ability levels.
Mornings consist of drilling, point play, conditioning, and off-court fun. Afternoons will focus on match play and other fun competitive games.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background and includes concentrated work to develop the proper fundamentals and a mix of drilling and match play.
- Check-in: Monday at 8:30am at the tennis courts
- Check-out: Friday at 3:00pm at the tennis courts
- Day Camp Schedule: Monday 8:30am-3:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prize
Campers are required to bring their own lunch and snacks. Lunch will not be provided.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Lake Forest Academy's 5 outdoor tennis courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Campe Code: TNXDLF
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15am-12:00pm Skills and small game tactics
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Camp director was Awesome!
July 10, 2021: Matthew loved all the games and competing. He made friends too. His only complaint was the rain and that it was a bit of a drive. His sister, KK, also attended and enjoyed the time playing tennis. She was encouraged by coach feedback too. Erik, camp director, is AWESOME. He managed the group and was very involved. He also communicated very well with parents.
— Marcia L., Parent
Excited to attend
July 10, 2021: Jack was very excited to attend daily. He met a couple of kids that he liked and improved his skills
— Meredith D., Parent
Learned a lot and had fun!
July 3, 2021: Learned a lot, met new friends, had a lot of fun. Really good experience overall.
— Samantha S., Parent
June 26, 2021: Sean said every day was fun. They were long, hot days, but the instructors made it fun enough that Sean was happy to keep going ever day. Thanks for making it such a great experience for him!
— Linda B., Parent
Encouraged to work hard and had fun!
June 26, 2021: Upon pickup each day, Ingrid reported that she was encouraged to work hard, but had so much fun (even when the weather did not cooperate). She especially liked the coaches, including Erik. It sounds like he had good energy and humor. She loved that he used the term “winners and learners,” rather than “winners and losers.”
— Jennifer B., Parent
Camp was great!
June 26, 2021: We only wish the camp was more than just one week! It was great!
— Elisa D., Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.