Nike Tennis Camp at Adelphi University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Welcome to the Nike Tennis Camp at Adelphi University! Your camper will have the opportunity to meet and learn the sport from current Adelphi Tennis coaches and players. We encourage all of our campers to learn and develop the skills needed to play the game of tennis as well as improve their point play abilities. Our goals are to create a positive competitive environment, emphasize good sportsmanship, and learn what it means be great teammates while having fun at the same time.
This junior tennis camp is designed for boys and girls, ages 9-17, of all skill levels to improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun!
- Tennis instruction from current Adelphi University coaches and players
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Rebecca Fakas
Rebecca Fakas was named the head coach of the Adelphi University men's and women's tennis programs on Jan. 13, 2020.She had spent two seasons as an assistant coach, before assuming the role of interim head coach late in the fall of the 2019 season.View Rebecca's Bio ⟩
After finally overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic, Fakas settled into the traditional fall and spring seasons for her men's and women's squads in 2021-22. That fall, Fakas was named the NE10 Women's Coach of the Year, after guiding the Panthers to their first appearance in the NE10 Championship final since 2017. Along the way, Fakas' squad stunned top-seeded Le Moyne College, 4-0, in the semifinal round.
Her first full season coaching both squads in 2020-21 saw the women's team finish 10-2, while the men's team compiled a 6-4 record.
The women's team, which placed nearly its entire starting lineup on the NE10 All-Conference First Team, reeled off eight consecutive wins to close out the regular season and reached the semifinals of the NE10 Tournament.
Meanwhile, the men's team qualified for the NE10 Tournament for the first time since 2017 and ended a five-year postseason winless drought.
One of the most decorated tennis players in school history, Fakas boasted an all-time record of 127-20 across singles and doubles in her time in the Brown and Gold, including a 43-3 mark in NE10 singles play.
She was named All-Conference by the NE10 in singles and doubles in each of her four seasons, and capped her career as the 2017-18 NE10 Player of the Year. A two-time NE10 All-Tournament selection and championship MVP, she helped the program win three straight NE10 titles and appear in the NCAA Tournament three times.
She was also honored as a CoSIDA Academic All-American in her senior season, was an NE10 Academic All-Conference selection, and was one of three finalists for the NE10 Female Scholar Athlete of the Year award.
A native of Little Neck, N.Y., Fakas earned a degree in Sports Management from Adelphi.
Assistant Director Karen Serina
The 2021-22 season will mark the third year for Karen Serina as an assistant coach with the Adelphi University men's and women's tennis teams.Her guidance while working hand-in-hand with her former teammate and doubles partner, Rebecca Fakas, has translated to immediate success for both programs.This past year, the Adelphi women made their first trip to the NE10 Championship final since 2017 -- back when Serina played for the program.View Karen's Bio ⟩
In 2020-21, the women's team achieved a 10-2 record and placed all five starters on the NE10 All-Conference Team, while the men's team advanced to the semifinals of the NE10 Tournament and won its first postseason match since 2016.
A former four-year standout for the Panthers, Serina excelled in doubles in her time at Adelphi, posting a career record of 54-15. As a senior, she won her first 13 doubles decisions of the season and finished with an impeccable 14-1 mark at the No. 2 flight, en route to garnering NE10 All-Conference first-team honors.
She also earned NE10 All-Conference second-team accolades at No. 1 doubles in 2016 and 2017, and received NE10 All-Conference third-team honors for her play at No. 3 singles in 2015.
Serina, who graduated cum laude from Adelphi in 2019 with a bachelor's degree in Physical Activity Studies, came over from East Islip High School, where she was a three-time All-State and six-time All-County selection.
A six-time singles conference champion, Serina completed six years of high school tennis with an undefeated 96-0 record.
In addition to her duties as an assistant coach at Adelphi, Serina serves as a tennis coach at Future Stars Camps in Farmingdale -- a position she has held since 2016.
Serina resides in Islip Terrace, N.Y.
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 24-28
- July 31- August 4
- August 7-11
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. There will be a 1 hour evaluation session after check-in. Campers will be sorted based on ability and age. Adjustments are made as needed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check in 8:45am-9:00am on Monday at the tennis courts. Campers should come dressed and ready to play.
- Check-out: Campers will check out at 4:00pm each day
- Camper Schedule: Monday 8:45am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
Lunch is not provided. Campers will need to bring their own lunch each day. Additional snacks and beverages are available for purchase at the vending machines.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be 1.5 hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Adelphi University tennis courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: Will utilize shaded structures to get out of sun/heat
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDADShow Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am-9:00am Check-in
- 9:00am-10:00am Skill instruction
- 10:00-11:30am Skill games and team challenges
- 11:30am-12:00pm Fitness and on court conditioning
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Skill instruction
- 2:00pm-4:00pm Point Play and team challenges
- 4:00pm Pick up
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.