Nike Tennis Camp at Eastern Kentucky University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis Camp at Eastern Kentucky University is excited to offer juniors the chance to train like a college athlete! This junior tennis camp in Eastern Kentucky offers day and overnight camps for kids of all skill levels, with a special week dedicated to beginner, intermediate, and tournament level players.
This tennis camp delivers serious instruction with lots of fun! These sessions are directed by EKU Head Men’s and Women's Tennis Coach Adam Cohen and Staff.
We are excited to bring Nike Tennis Camps to the State of Kentucky! Campers will get a taste of what it's like to be a collegiate tennis player. Our coaching staff is ready to help you improve your game and have a fun, action-packed week!
- Instruction from Adam Cohen and his experienced staff
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Adam Cohen
Adam Cohen was chosen as EKU’s tennis head coach on June 23, 2022. He is the only known active coach to have now coach as a Men's and Women's Head Coach at the NJCAA, NCAA I, NCAA II, and NCAA III levels.View Adam's Bio ⟩
Cohen, a native of Chandler, Arizona, came to Richmond after leading the UT Tyler men's tennis team to the NCAA Division II Round of 16 in its first season of eligibility and guiding the women's program to its first Division II postseason win and a trip to the Lone Star Conference Tournament semifinals for the first time in program history.
During his five seasons at UT Tyler, Cohen led both Patriot teams to American Southwest Conference tournament championships in 2018 and won another men's tournament title in 2022. The Patriots also made three combined appearances in the NCAA Tournament. In 2021, Cohen was named Wilson ITA South Central Coach of the Year after leading the men's program to a regular-season LSC championship.
Prior to his time with the Patriots, Cohen coached the Mesa Community College programs to 209 wins and just 86 losses from 2007-17, winning nine conference championships and advancing to 17 national tournament appearances. Under his guidance, the Thunderbird men won four straight Arizona Community College Athletic Conference championships in his final four seasons, while the women claimed back-to-back titles in 2016 and 2017. The men's team advanced to the national tournament in nine of his 11 seasons in Mesa, while the women made six straight trips to the NJCAA Tournament in his final six seasons. Coach Cohen is was the youngest ever head coach in collegiate history when he took the helm.
2024 CAMP DATES
- July 22-26
We offer Full Day (8:45am-4:00pm) and Overnight Camp options that run Monday-Friday. This camp is offered for campers of all skill levels and for ages 9-18.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. There will be a 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE
- Check-in: Arrive at the Greg Adams Tennis Center every morning at 8:45am
- Check-out: Final check-out will take place on Friday at 12:00pm.
- Camper Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 8:45am-4:00pm, Friday 8:45am-12:00pm.
- Overnight Check-In: Arrive Monday at the Greg Adams Tennis Center at 8:45am
- Check-out: Graduation will take place on Friday at 11:00am with check-out following immediately after
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Day Campers: Lunch is provided each day
- Overnight Campers: All meals are included for Overnight campers
- Additional snacks and beverages will be available for purchase throughout the day.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Greg Adams Tennis Center, 8 outdoor and 4 indoor courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of heavy rain or lightning we will move camp indoors
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Dorm: Martin Hall
- Number of Campers per Room: Martin Hall offers two double rooms shared by two residents. The rooms are connected by a full bathroom shared by all four residents. Laundry is available for campers. https://housing.eku.edu/martin...
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Please bring Twin XL-sized sheets or a sleeping bag, blanket, towel, facecloth, and pillow.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do NOT have A/C. Campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
- Dining Hall Information: The brand new Case Kitchen, located in Case Dining Hall, features full access for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with international entrees, a grill, deli, salad bar, and more! https://eku.campusdish.com/LocationsAndMenus/CaseKitchen
All evening activities are extras are subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines.
- Evening Activities: Evening activities may include movie night, game/trivia night, pool time, talent show, etc.
- Weekend Stayover: Not offered at this location
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airports, train stations, or bus depots. EKU is about a 30-40 minute drive from Lexington Bluegrass Airport and about 90 minutes from Louisville or Cincinnati Airports.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 paid/day)
Swimsuit and towel (subject to change)
Shower flip flops
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Bed sheets (if linens are not provided)
Comforter/blanket (if linens are not provided)
Pillow/pillow case (if linens are not provided)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXREK
February 24, 2023: Watching Coach Simon get eye level with my son to help him calm down after missing a shot. I was truly impressed by the coaches abilities to ensure all kids were having fun.
June 24, 2023: Wonderful experience overall and my son had a terrific time. The coaches gave positive feedback to help improve his game.
June 24, 2023: The Coach was extremely personable and cared about the camper's individual skill development
February 24, 2023: Seeing my son stop focusing on the score and focusing on sportsmanship
June 24, 2023: Meeting new friends and learning how to play better tennis.
June 24, 2023: Getting trained by college coaches and players
February 24, 2023: Meeting new friends and learning new skills
June 24, 2023: The personal attention from coaches
February 27, 2023: The joy my son got from the camp
This is a great camp!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.