Nike Tennis Camp at George Fox University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Join us this year at George Fox University, which is just south of Portland, OR, for a summer of Nike Tennis Camps! George Fox's Nike Tennis Camps are great tennis day camps for boys and girls, ages 5-18 of all skill levels. Campers have the opportunity to hit tons of balls, improve their technique, play games, win prizes, and have a great time.
Our camps provide the perfect mix of technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and fun free time to hang out with friends.
- 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Staff members participate in all activities
- All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
- Special Final Day events for Each Camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jeff Cero
Jeff has currently served at George Fox for 6 years, amassing a 71-35 Overall Record and 48-4 in the NWC Conference. The team has won back to back NWC Titles in 2021 and 2022, and has consecutive NCAA Tournament Appearances. In 2021, Cero led the program to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament, and a Year-end ranking of Number 8 in the Nation. He was named the Wilson/ITA West Region Coach of the Year, and was a Finalist for National Coach of the year. In 2022, the Men's program reached as high as 11th in the Nation, and Cero was named NWC Coach of the Year. He has also coached 14 Players to ITA All- American Status in his tenure.View Jeff's Bio ⟩
He also served as a Junior Coach at the IMG Academy, where he coached several top juniors and current players, such as Danielle Collins. He also served as the men's and women's tennis coach at Colorado Christian University. He has also coached several National Pacific Northwest Junior Teams. Before Cero started coaching, he played at Portland State from 2007-11 and was Team Captain.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 17-20
- June 24-27
- July 8-11
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. There will be 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
We offer Full Day Camps that run Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:30pm and Half Day Camps that run 9:00am-12:00pm. Camps are geared towards boys and girls, ages 5-18, of all skill levels.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check in at 8:30am on Monday at the tennis courts.
- Full Day Check-out: Campers will check out at 3:30pm each day.
- Half Day Check-out: Campers will check out ay 12:00pm daily
- Full Day Camper Schedule: Monday 8:30am-3:30pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-3:30pm
- Half Day Camper Schedule: Monday 8:30am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
- Meals: Lunch is not included. Campers will need to bring their own lunch each day. Half Day campers depart before lunch.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be a 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: George Fox's Tennis Center with 6 indoor courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: We will be utilizing indoor tennis courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
July 17, 2023: The facilities were amazing, the ratio of players to coaches and the camp director
June 24, 2023: Good amount of kids vs coaches, learning skills and had fun
Micah loved camp!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.