Nike Tennis Camp at Kutztown University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps are excited to bring summer camps to Kutztown University this year! Join Camp Director and Head Men's and Women's tennis coach, Wyatt Pauley for an action-packed and filled week of tennis.
This camp is designed for boys and girls, ages 9-18, of all ability levels. This tennis camp will cover all aspects of the game using the latest tennis techniques, and strategies through on-court instruction, competitive drills, and match play.
- Instruction from Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach, Wyatt Pauley, and his expert staff
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Wyatt Pauley
Wyatt Pauley enters his second season as the head coach of the Kutztown University men's and women's tennis teams in 2022-23.The 2022-23 season will technically be Pauley's first full campaign leading the Golden Bears as he joined the program between its fall and spring seasons in 2021-22. Both teams improved under his guidance during the spring of 2022, with the men registering a .500 record (5-5) and the women checking in at 5-7, which included a 3-4 mark in PSAC East play.View Wyatt's Bio ⟩
Pauley arrived at Kutztown with two years of Division I coaching experience and also served as the head coach for NAIA member University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy (UHSP) in St. Louis during the 2018-19 season.
Upon his graduation from Quincy University (Ill.) in 2018, Pauley transitioned into the coaching world. He began as a volunteer assistant coach at Division II Missouri-St. Louis, helping the Tritons through their 2018 fall season.
Pauley took over as the head coach at UHSP St. Louis that November. The Eutectic women went 4-8 and qualified for the American Midwest Conference/Heart of America Athletic Conference (AMC/HAAC) Championships, while the men picked up three wins before being eliminated in the first round of the AMC/HAAC Championships during the spring of 2019 --Pauley’s only season leading the programs.
Pauley spent the 2019-20 season as an assistant with the men’s team at Division I Saint Louis, before moving into his current role with Chicago State. The Billikens were off to a 5-8 start before COVID-19 prematurely ended their season.
At Chicago State, the Cougar men and women each qualified for the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Championships. The women dropped a hard-fought 4-3 decision to Seattle in the opening round, while the men were defeated by Grand Canyon in their opening round match.
Pauley graduated from Quincy with a history degree in 2018. While there, he was a captain and four-year starter for the Hawks, twice earning Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) Academic All-Conference. Pauley was also an ITA All-Academic selection in 2016.
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 9-13
We offer Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Overnight Camp options that run Sunday-Thursday. This camp is offered for campers of all skill levels and for ages 9-18.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- High School Program: The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Check-in: All campers Sunday 1:30pm-2:30pm at the dorms. Day campers will depart at 5:30pm.
- Check-out: Graduation at 3:30pm at the tennis courts for all campers on the final day of camp. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out immediately follows at 4:00pm.
- Day Camp Schedule: Sunday 1:30pm-5:30pm, Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Day Campers: Lunch is provided each day and dinner will be provided for day campers on Sunday
- Overnight Campers: All meals are included for Overnight campers
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Keystone Tennis Courts, 7 outdoor courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of heavy rain or lightning we will move camp indoors
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Dorm: TBD
- Number of Campers per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Please bring Twin XL-sized sheets or a sleeping bag, blanket, towel, facecloth, and pillow.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do NOT have A/C. Campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
- Dining Hall Information: TBD
- Evening Activities: Evening activities may include movie night, game/trivia night, pool time, talent show, etc.
- Weekend Stayover: Not offered at this location
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airports, train stations, or bus depots.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 paid/day)
- Undergarments (1-2pair/day)
- Swimsuit and towel (subject to change)
- Shower flip flops
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens are not provided)
- Comforter/blanket (if linens are not provided)
- Pillow/pillow case (if linens are not provided)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXRKT
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.