Nike Tennis Camp at Kalamazoo College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps is proud to host another year of summer camp at Kalamazoo College! Located in a quiet residential section of Kalamazoo, Michigan, this is the perfect location for a summer camp. Enjoy a week of camp on a beautiful hilltop campus with top-notch tennis training facilities.
Our goal at the Nike Tennis Camp at Kalamazoo College is to stimulate the passion for tennis in young players, improve their technique and match-play skills, and have a blast while doing it! We are offering daytime tennis summer camp options for boys and girls ages 9-18 of all abilities. Join the fun and get better this summer!
- Daily on-court tennis instruction from Mark Murphy and his expert staff
- 5-6 hours of daily tennis training
- Low camper to staff ratio and complete supervision
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
2024 Camp Dates
- July 8-11
- July 15-18
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
This year we are offering one week of Day camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Camp runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am - 4:00pm daily.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: Campers arrive between 8:30-9:00am at Markin Tennis Center
- Check-out: 4:00pm on Thursday
- Day Camp Program: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for all campers.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Campers will utilize the Markin Tennis Center courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Show Less See More Camp Details
Camp Code: TNXRKA
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:30pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
July 15, 2022: My son had one on one attention and came back every day with a very positive attitude
July 23, 2023: our daughter loved the camp and the instructors, she had a great experience.
July 21, 2023: The coaches were very encouraging.
June 30, 2023: Seeing improvements in her skills
Everything was great!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.