Oregon Elite Nike Tennis Camp at Jesuit High School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Join us this summer for the Oregon Elite Nike Tennis Camp at Jesuit High School in Portland, Oregon - the perfect day camp for girls and boys ages 9-17 who want to improve upon their tennis skills. This is our fourth summer at Jesuit High School, and we're excited to offer an expanded age range camp this year.
This camp will focus on building on foundational tennis skills, including how to keep score, proper technique and proper court positioning. The morning instruction will focus on dynamic drilling and and the afternoons will implement what is taught in match play, shot selection, and strategy.
Our experienced directors and coaching staff will provide a great mix of supervised match play, fitness training, and fun free time to hang out with friends.
- Instruction from experienced Director and staff
- Daily tennis instruction with morning and afternoon sessions
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Head Tennis Coach Kurt Lindner
Coach Lindner loves tennis. He loves to play tennis, he loves to watch tennis, and he loves to teach and coach tennis. His passion for tennis has led him to the Oregon Elite Nike Tennis Camps this summer. He is very excited and can’t wait to get started.View Kurt's Bio ⟩
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 17-20
- June 24-27
- July 8-11
- July 15-18
- August 5-8
- August 12-15
OREGON ELITE TENNIS' MISSION:
To positively impact each player’s life through the sport of tennis while unleashing their potential in achieving his or her own goals. By using competitive tennis as a vehicle, we work to develop each player’s character, work ethic, respect for others, perseverance, resiliency, and mental toughness on and off the court.
We offer camps that run Monday-Thursday with Full Day 9:00am-4:00pm and Half Day 9:00am-12:00pm camp options. Camps are geared toward girls and boys, ages 9-17.
This camp is for tennis players looking to improve their game in a supervised and fun environment. If your kids are excited to improve, have the desire to get better, and want to take their game to the next level, the Oregon Elite Nike Tennis Camp at Jesuit High School is the perfect choice for your summer tennis camp experience. Join us for an unforgettable summer of tennis, fun, and friendship!
During the morning session, our experienced coaching staff will provide technical tennis instruction and challenging drills that will allow campers to hit tons of balls and improve their technique. The afternoon session will feature supervised match play, giving campers the opportunity to implement techniques, match strategy and improve their mental game, as well as overall match play experience.
Disclaimer: If the registration for this camp does not meet the minimum number of required campers to host the event, Nike Tennis Camps will reach out to registered campers to (1) request to move them to another week, if possible or (2) refund your registration costs.
- Check-in: 8:45am on the first day of camp at the Tennis Courts. Campers should come dressed to play.
- AM Half Day Check-out: 12:00pm each day
- Full Day Check-out: 4:00pm each day
- AM Half Day Schedule: Monday 8:45am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Full Day Schedule: Monday 8:45am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
- In case of inclement weather, we will be using Friday as a make-up day.
Lunch is not provided. Full Day campers must bring their own lunch each day. Half Day campers depart before lunch.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis instruction, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Jesuit High School features 6 outdoor courts
- Parking: Use the 91st Street entrance to Jesuit High School and park near the tennis courts for morning drop-off and pick-up
- Inclement Weather Plan: In case of inclement weather, we will be using Friday as a make-up day
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDOE
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Warm-up and Tennis Instruction
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00 noon Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Competitive Drills and Singles Match Play
- 2:30pm Break
- 2:45pm Competitive Drills and Doubles Match Play
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
August 12, 2022: Giving the kids an opportunity to learn the necessary skills required and also having them apply that by playing matches with their fellow campers
August 26, 2022: My son was seen and known for being a hard worker. He is quiet and the coaches 'saw' him, which meant a lot.
July 22, 2022: My daughter loving it so much that she chose to extend to full day after the first day of half day
August 5, 2022: Coach Jerry was super friendly and kind. My daughter learned a lot through the camp.
July 22, 2022: The coaches were all very friendly and wanted you to improve and stay positive
July 2, 2023: Kids always improve skills and come away wanting to play more tennis!
August 18, 2023: My granddaughter's tennis skills improved and it provided her with a fun summer experience.
August 21, 2023: Lots of tennis in a fun learning environment with fun coaches.
Shooting drills were very beneficial.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.