Nike Tennis Camp at Radley College, Oxford
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps UK delivers top-notch day and residential summer camps for boys and girls, ages 10-17 of any skill level. Radley College, near London, is one of Britain's great private schools leading in academic and sporting excellence.
Stay at the prestigious Radley College and improve your tennis with our world-class coaching team on a performance camp. Choose a 6- or 13-night camp and either a Total Tennis Camp or opt to combine tennis training with English language lessons on the Tennis and English program. These camps are suitable for those who play regularly at school or club level and are not suitable for beginners.
- 6- or 13-night residential camps
- For boys and girls aged 10-17 years
- Radley College, near Oxford
- A Nike kit pack
- Two options: Total Tennis or Tennis + English
- 24/7 male and female pastoral care staff
- Evening activities programme
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Gill Lemore
Tennis Director | USPTA Qualified Professional | PTR France Qualified Instructor & LTA Level 4 performance coachView Gill Lemore's Bio ⟩
Gill is a multi-lingual and highly qualified performance coach who has worked with players of all ages and abilities in Europe and the USA.
We offer residential summer camps for boys and girls, ages 10–17, of any skill level with 1-week and 2-weeks options.
2023 CAMP DATES
- 6 Night Camps (Monday-Sunday)
- 3 Jul - 9 Jul
- 10 Jul - 16 Jul
- 17 Jul - 23 Jul
- 24 Jul – 30 Jul
- 31 Jul - 6 Aug
- 13 Night Camps (Monday-Sunday)
- 3 Jul - 16 Jul
- 10 Jul - 23 Jul
- 17 Jul – 30 Jul
- 24 Jul - 6 Aug
Please note: Camp details may be subject to change.
- Developing and advanced players only on this high-performance programme
- Tennis + English Programme: All abilities except native level English speakers
- Total Tennis Programme: Not suitable for basic level English speakers
The coaching team is led by former ATP and WTA professionals who have designed the programme to work on all aspects of the game and get the best out of every player. Programmes for developing and advanced players are designed to simulate an elite training environment. Players are assessed and grouped by ability on the first day. They then work in groups of 6 or less per coach. Sessions focus on skills such as spin, shot selection, power and agility, challenging players technically, tactically and physically.
Supporting the on-court training is a series of workshops designed to develop players’ psychology and all-round athleticism. Topics such as fitness, nutrition and hydration, physiology and psychology, tactics and match preparation.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
Total Tennis Camps
- Up to 26 hours a week of coaching and structured match play as well as workshops and seminars
Tennis + English Camps
- Up to 17 hours a week of coaching and structured match play
- 13-14 hours a week of English language lessons
- 1 excursion on a 6-night camp and 3 excursions on a 13-night camp
- Full board accommodation at Radley College
- A Nike gift pack
- 24/7 male and female pastoral care staff
- Evening activities programme
- A certificate of attendance
VENUE – RADLEY COLLEGE
- Leading private school near Oxford
- Mostly single bedrooms with shared bathrooms
- 8 brand new Poraflex® acrylic courts on site, grass courts and indoor provision nearby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Players’ lounge with TV, games consoles, table football and table tennis
- On-site camp shop
- Free laundry facilities
- Coaching designed and led by former Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) and International Tennis Federation (ITF) players
- Coaches work on ratios between 1:4 and 1:6 on court
- Coaches use demonstration, practice and feedback to improve
- Players are challenged tactically, technically and physically – all in a fun environment
- Players learn to master grip, spin, movement, power, consistency and tactics
- Off-court workshops on topics such as nutrition and recovery
- Coaching report and attendance certificate to take home
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LESSONS
- Curriculum uses CLIL approach used in top schools worldwide
- Includes general English and sports-focused English topics
- Average of 12 students per class, maximum of 14
- Highly qualified, native-level English teachers
- Project work
- Helps students prepare for IGCE, IELTS, Trinity, Cambridge, ESB, GESE and CAE exams
- English report to take home
6-night camps attend either:
- Oxford City visit and sightseeing tour
- Thorpe Park Theme Park
Students on 13-night camps will attend the above excursions as well as:
- London City visit and sightseeing tour
Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Location: Radley College
- Campers Per Room: Single, twin and triple bedrooms and dormitories with shared bathroom facilities. Campers will also be able to do their laundry twice a week for no additional cost
- Amenities: 25m swimming pool, sports hall, indoor courts nearby, a players' lounge equipped with a TV, foosball table and game consoles and an on-site camp shop
- Free Laundry Facilities: On-site
- Free Wifi: Yes
HEALTH & RELEASE FORMS
All registered campers are required to have a parent or legal guardian fill out US Sports Camps’ mandatory Health & Release Forms online before arrival at camp. This camp does NOT require a doctor's signature on the forms.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed Camp Information Packet containing check-in location and address, on-site staff contact information, a checklist of things to bring, site-specific forms, and more will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. To check if your Camp Information Packet is ready, click here.
- Closest Airports: London Heathrow (49 mi) | London Gatwick (85mi)
Nike Tennis Camps offers airport transfers to/from London Heathrow and London Gatwick for an additional fee. These can be booked directly at [email protected] once you have booked a camp. Transfers can only be booked for flights that arrive in the UK between 9:00am and 4:00pm on the camp start date and depart the UK between 11:00am and 7:00pm on the camp end date.
Unaccompanied Minor (UM) or Airport Assistance is a service offered by most airlines whereby airline staff supervise and escort a child during their flight and through the parts of the airport that our staff don't have access to. We recommend using this service for all children traveling alone under the age of 14. Please inform us of your airport transfer booking if you are using this service by emailing [email protected] at least 4 weeks before the start of the camp.
If you have any questions, please fill out our inquiry form at eurosportscamps.com/contact or email [email protected].
These Nike Tennis Camps are operated by CMT Learning Ltd. in the UK. Nike and the Swoosh design are registered trademarks of Nike, Inc. and its affiliates are used under license. Nike is the title sponsor of the camps. US Sports Camps, Inc. is a marketing and registration service for these camps, and it and Nike have no control over the operation of the camps or the acts or omissions of CMT Learning.
Thank you for a great time!
Reviews Not Yet Available
— Nike Tennis Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.