Nike Tennis Camp at University of Georgia (Girls)
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Our Georgia Nike Tennis Camp, coached by UGA Tennis Coach Drake Bernstein, is one of the best tennis camps in the South. This all-girls tennis camp in Athens will focus on developing the complete tennis player.
Campers from all over attend our junior tennis camps in Georgia to receive top-notch instruction from collegiate coaches and make lasting memories with their peers.
- Instruction from head women's coach, Drake Bernstein, and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours daily instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Drake Bernstein
Former Bulldog national champion Drake Bernstein was promoted to head coach of the University of Georgia women’s tennis program following the end of the 2023 season.View Drake's Bio ⟩
Bernstein served as associate head coach under Wallace for 11 seasons as Wallace spent 38 years at the helm. Bernstein has played an integral part in the development of 36 All-SEC honorees, 36 All-Americans, 31 ITA Scholar-Athletes, three SEC Freshman of the Year selections, two SEC Players of the Year, and one National Player of the Year. Additionally, he serves as the lead recruiter, traveling across the globe and to various Grand Slam tournaments, securing some of the world’s top tennis student-athletes.
Camp Manager Sarah Hebberd
Sarah Hebberd has been with the Bulldogs’ women’s tennis staff as the Program Specialist since 2021. Summer 2024 will mark her third summer of camp with Georgia and US Sports Camps. Sarah works closely with camp operations including camp employment, logistics, registration, and checkout. She also serves as the sorority house liaison for all campers and their parents.View Sarah's Bio ⟩
Sarah’s day-to-day duties with Georgia’s Women’s Tennis team consists of scheduling travel arrangements, meals, and equipment, as well as helping the team from a developmental and mentoring perspective.
Sarah graduated from Pfeiffer University with a B.S. in Sports Management and Business Administration in May of 2011. At Pfeiffer, Sarah was a two-time Academic All-American and captain of the women’s lacrosse team. Her senior year, she was named the Conference Carolinas Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 2-6
- June 9-13
- July 7-11
These camp sessions are designated for girls only. Overnight Campers must be 10 years old by September 1st, 2024. All camps are open to any and all entrants, limited by age, gender, or grade level.
We offer Overnight (ages 10-17 only), Extended Day (9:00am-8:30pm | ages 9-17), and Day (9:00am-4:00pm | ages 9-17) camps for girls of all skill levels.
- All Skills Program: All sessions are open to players of all abilities. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Overnight Camper Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday at the Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority House.
- Extended Day & Day Camper Check-in: 2:45pm at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex on Sunday. On Sunday, Extended Day & Day Campers depart that evening at 8:30pm after dinner
- Check-out: Graduation is at 11:00am at the tennis courts on Thursday, parents invited to attend! Check-out immediately follows graduation
- Extended Day Camp Program: Sunday 2:45pm-8:30pm, Monday-Wednesday 8:50am-8:30pm, Thursday 8:50am-11:00am
- Day Camp Program: Sunday 2:45pm-8:30pm, Monday-Wednesday 8:50am-4:45pm, Thursday 8:50am-11:00am
- Overnight campers: All meals are provided
- Extended Day campers: Lunch & Dinner are provided (No lunch on the first or last day of camp)
- Day campers: Lunch is provided, and dinner is provided on the first day (No lunch on the first or last day of camp)
- Sunday night dinner will be held at the tennis courts. All other meals will be provided at the sorority house.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Tennis instruction will take place at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex, a showcase for collegiate tennis that consists of 12 outdoor courts and 6 indoor courts.
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of rain, there will be different activities that will be held and the indoor courts will be utilized.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Dorm: Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority House. Overnight Campers must be 10 years old by September 1st, 2024.
- Number of Campers per Room: 3-4 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Campers should bring a pillow, pillow case, Twin XL sheets, and/or a sleeping bag, and a light blanket.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do have A/C. Campers may bring a fan
- Evening Activities: In the evenings, campers will participate in a variety of fun supervised activities. Campers are encouraged to bring a crazy/tacky outfit for Tuesday night tennis.
- Weekend Stayovers: Not available at this location
UGA REQUIRED FORMS
The Transportation Release Form and the Alternative Pickup Authorization Form must be submitted to the UGA Tennis Camp on-site contact prior to your camper's start date of camp. Please download, complete, and email the required forms to our on-site contact Sarah Hebberd at [email protected]. This information can also be found in the customer portal.
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airport, train stations, or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. Shuttle vans often offer a cost-effective alternative to taking a taxi. Visit www.airportservice.com for more details and a listing of shuttle carriers.
*All UGA sports camps are open to any and all entrants, limited by age, gender, or grade level
*The University of Georgia and the University of Georgia Athletic Association, Inc. are NOT responsible for any injuries sustained by a student participant. NCAA rules prohibit payment of camp expenses (transportation, camp, tuition, spending money, etc.) by representatives of the University of Georgia’s athletic interests. Furthermore, NCAA rules prohibit free or reduced camp admissions privileges for prospects in the 9th grade or above (7th grade for men’s basketball).
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
High cut socks (to avoid blisters)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 paid/day)
Shower flip flops
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Bed sheets (if linens are not provided)
Comforter/blanket (if linens are not provided)
Pillow/pillow case (if linens are not provided)
Crazy/tacky outfit for Tuesday night tennis
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXRGA
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake-up call/Breakfast
- 9:00am-Noon Tennis Instruction/Conditioning/Match play
- Noon-2:00pm Lunch and rest
- 2:00pm-5:00pm Tennis instruction/Bookstore
- 5:00pm-7:00pm Dinner and rest
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 8:30pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:30pm Lights Out!
June 17, 2022: My daughter really enjoyed staying in the sorority house and she loved her camp counselors.
July 15, 2023: Skills really improved, made lots of friends
July 24, 2023: making new friends and learning from college players
July 19, 2023: Meeting new people from different areas of the US.
July 14, 2023: My child really enjoyed the drills and instructors.
July 24, 2023: Being able to meet new people and learn from college players.
June 17, 2022: From my daughter, "full days of tennis- lots of court time"
July 17, 2022: Meeting the Georgia coach and talking and playing with other Georgia players
June 16, 2023: For our daughter, it was the one-on-one instruction and tweaking of her skills
June 26, 2022: Staying in the sorority house, making great friends, playing lots of tennis with great instruction
June 17, 2022: All of it - camper's favorite camp by far. Loved everything about it. Sorority house was a bonus!
June 19, 2022: Making new friends, improving skills, and learning about what my child can do if interested in college play.
June 16, 2023: My daughter has come back having a great time, making new friends, building confidence in her tennis skills and wanting to come back.
June 20, 2023: Everything about the camp was awesome! This was my child's second year attending, and now, it is a camp that she wants to attend every summer!
June 17, 2022: My daughter had a wonderful time playing tennis even in 100+ degree heat which means it must have been great! She loved the time meeting other girls.
July 15, 2023: Our daughter had the most incredible experience at this tennis camp, and loved playing at the University of Georgia. The tennis facilities are top notch, and the coaching staff is impeccable. We cannot say enough great things about this and amazing experience!
Great staff, great location!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.