Nike Sprints & Hurdles Camp at North Carolina A&T
WORLD CLASS SPRINTS | HURDLES TRAINING
Join us for the 2023 Nike Sprints & Hurdles Camp at North Carolina A&T
National Track & Field Hall of Famer and Aggies Coach Terrence Trammell heads up the Nike Sprints & Hurdles Camp at NC A&T. Learn from this 2-time Olympic & 3-time World Champion Silver Medalist, and 2-time World Indoor Champion, who will teach athletes specific techniques for sprints and hurdles development.
This camp provides opportunities for High School athletes (ages 13 – 18) to be coached by one of the most decorated hurdlers in track and field history.
Each day will begin with campers completing a dynamic warmup followed by speed and sprint mechanics training. Campers will then split into groups for event specific training, for their preferred event group, namely sprints or hurdles. Throughout each day, there will be guest speakers on hand to discuss topics such as training and nutrition.
Hosted at NC A&T, you will have the opportunity to improve your performance by learning from one of the most decorated sprint-hurdlers of his generation.
- World Class Coaching
- Event Specific Training for Sprints & Hurdles
- Training at the Marcus T. Johnson Track Complex
- Individual and Group instruction
- Open ages 13-18 (High School)
- Nike Track & Field Camps t-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
DIRECTOR TERRENCE TRAMMELL
Terrence Trammell was named North Carolina A&T Sprints Coach in February 2023. Prior to joining NC A&T, Coach Trammell was assistant coach at Pace Academy in Atlanta, GA.View TERRENCE's Bio ⟩
A 2021 USTAF Hall of Fame Inductee, Coach Trammell is a 2-time World Indoor Champion (60mH), 2-time Olympic Silver Medalist (110mH), 3-time World Championship Silver Medalist (110mH), and won multiple indoor and outdoor NCAA Championships while competing for the University of South Carolina.
2023 NEW LOCATION!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 26 to June 29
- Age Group: 13-18 (High School)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Types: Day
- Schedule: 9:00AM-3:00PM
- Check-in: 15 minutes prior to camp start
- Location: Truist Stadium: Marcus T. Johnson Track - NC A&T
- View the campus map here
- Meals: Campers should bring their own lunch, water, and snacks
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age, ability, and event
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment needed: Campers should bring at least one pair of broken in running shoes. Event shoes/spikes are recommended but not required. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: NC A&T Marcus T. Johnson Track at Truist Stadium
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- 1-2 pairs of broken-in running shoes/event spikes
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch/snacks
- Gym bag/small backpack
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TRACK & FIELD CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Track & Field camps please see our FAQ page.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.