Nike Volleyball Camp at Albright College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This summer volleyball camp in Pennsylvania offers day and overnight camp for girls of all skill levels to receive college level coaching at Albright College.
Our 2019 summer camp outside of Philadelphia combines training, competition, and fun to give athletes a camp experience they will truly enjoy.
- Training under the country's best coaches
- Excellent residential, dining, and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alex Kennedy
Former NCAA Division I student-athlete Alex Kennedy enters her sixth season as the Albright head coach in 2018. Last season she assumed a rebuilding project, guiding the Lions to a 3-20 record. In 2016, the Lions recorded 10 victories, doubling their season total from 2015. In her third season at Albright, Kennedy directed the Lions to a 5-18 overall record. In her first two seasons as head coach, she has led the Lions to a 20-34 overall record, and continues to develop the team into one of the best in the conference.View Alex Kennedy's Bio ⟩
The volleyball program posted an overall mark of 8-19 and finished 1-7 in conference play during the 2014 campaign.
Albright went 12-15 in her first season, including a 3-6 mark in Commonwealth Conference play.
Under Coach Kennedy’s guidance, the Lions have maintained one of the most successful overall records in school history. A 2012 graduate of La Salle University in Philadelphia, Kennedy was a four year member of the volleyball program and was a major contributor to the Explorer’s offense as a middle hitter. Kennedy looks to transform the Albright volleyball program into a powerhouse in the Commonwealth Conference.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 12-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 16-20
This camp is open to girls, ages 12-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUNE 16-20
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at Walton Hall
- Check-out: 11:30am on Thusday
- Parents are invited to attend the last session, which takes place between 9:00-11:30am
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 1:00pm-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-11:30am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Complete Supervision: Staff members reside in campers' quarters and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
- Extra Activities: Swimming
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Philadelphia International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
The Albright Lions practice and play in one of the finest small-college venues in the nation, the George C. Bollman Center. The Schumo Center for Fitness and Well-Being was built onto the Bollman Center in the summer of 2007, further enhancing the athletic facilities. In the summer of 2011, a state-of-the-art air conditioning/heating system was installed in the Bollman Center.
Camp is held in the Bollman Center and the LifeSports Center.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Made New Friends!
July 10, 2018: She enjoyed the camaraderie. She said she feels more confident in some of her skills.
— Janice E. Parent
Highly recommend this camp
June 21, 2018; Always busy-no down time-focused on volleyball. Love the report card feedback she received. Made new friends. Kept our daughter busy-good coaching, interested and motivated teachers-made sure our daughter played all positions, and learned what areas she needs to focus on to do better. I think it was great that from when she checked in she had to be ready to play in an hour. This helped set the tone for the program. It was all business, no lackadaisical standing around because coaches weren't prepared. Our daughter really enjoyed her experience at this camp. Highly recommend this camp.
— Bill S. Parent
Not a negative thing to say!
June 18, 2018: Jenna came back pumped for volleyball. She felt her passes became stronger and she learned more about the game. She had nothing negative to say about the camp. She came back with such passion for the game!
— Nancy M. Parent
June 20: 2017: They are good at making sure we do lots and lots of volleyball and some conditioning but I like that they pushed us to our limits without overstepping the boundaries. They also have lots of helpful drills that I'd love to utilize for when I practice volleyball back at my school.
— Ann B. Camper
I would recommend!
June 19, 2017: Albright College's Nike Volleyball Camp aided in the honing of my skills, further preparing me for my first year of varsity volleyball at my high school. Furthermore, I have played over five years of volleyball and Coach Kennedy as well as her staff helped me achieve success and growth in my volleyball skills, all while providing great fun. Moreover, the staff proved helpful and knowledgable in the sport, which fueled my passion for the game and the tactics of it. In summation, Albright College's Nike Volleyball Camp proved as a great experience and I would surely recommend this camp to beginners or even highly skilled players. Well done Coach Kennedy and staff and thank you kindly for your help and time.
— Sydney V. Camper
Great learning experience!
June 19, 2017: I thought it was a great learning experience and place to meat new people where I was able to learn to work with different people
— Elyse O. Camper
Helped me develop the skills I need
June 25, 2016: I loved this camp; I came without knowing anyone and left with new friends. I only had 1 year of volleyball under my belt before attending and the coaches were awesome at helping me develop the skills I will need for the upcoming season. I will definitely be returning next summer! Thank you Nike for an awesome camp!!
— Mackenzie M. Camper
Love the coach
June 15, 2015: My daughter has dramatically improved her all around skills under the coaching of Alex Kennedy. She is tough but encourages the girls. She rewards achievement which drives them to continue to improve. I will come back again. Thank you for everything Alex. You rock!
— Lauren B. Parent
June 29, 2015: The staff at Albright College works well with every individual. They mix things up every day with games, drills, or exercises to help us improve. They bond well with every camper which, I think, helps the campers learn.
— Valerie W. Parent
Looking forward to next year
Love the enthusiasm that my daughter came home with after camp. She was looking forward to VB practice starting this season, being able to show off her new, improved skills. Thank you to all the staff and coaches for making her first time at Alright College Nike Volleyball Camp 2014 a great experience. Looking forward to next year!
— Parent '14
Finished camp feeling more confident in my skills. Knowing I can go into practice and know more than the other in my specific position.
— Camper '14