Nike Beach Volleyball Camp at Huntington Beach
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join us at the Newland Street Courts in Huntington Beach for a great opportunity to work on your beach volleyball skills! We welcome girls and boys of varying skill sets to take their game to the next level with instruction from Nike Camp Director, Katie Goto, and her dedicated staff!
This 2023 beach volleyball camp provides campers, ages 8-16 looking to build their skill set and enjoy a memorable camp experience. Players of all abilities have the chance to grow their skills and compete against other players from Southern California and beyond!
- Excellent training facilities
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Training for all skill levels
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Director Katie Goto (Kahlweiss)
This is Katie’s seventh year running Nike Beach Volleyball camps and looks forward to another fun summer teaching athletes about the sport she loves!View Katie Goto (Kahlweiss)'s Bio ⟩
Katie Goto (Kahlweiss) graduated from the University of San Diego in 2005. From 2001-2004 Katie played indoor volleyball played for the Toreros and earned 4 consecutive NCAA appearances to the national tournament and became West Coast Conference Champions with a NCCA Sweet Sixteen finish in 2004. In 2003, she also played in a summer indoor tournament representing the USA in Sibilini, Italy.
Katie majored in History with a Single Subject teaching credential and obtained Master’s in Secondary Education, she currently teaches at Foothill High School in Tustin, CA. In 2013, she was the Head Coach at Fairmont Prep Academy and was awarded San Joaquin League Coach of the Year for her coaching abilities and her Varsity team’s overall performance in the 2013 volleyball season. From 2006-2012, Katie coached at WAVE Volleyball Club in San Diego, while she was there her teams were very successful winning Junior National Qualifiers and at Junior Olympics earning several medals .
Katie has always enjoyed beach volleyball growing up in Huntington Beach and played in Youth CBVA tournaments, but after she graduated from USD she trained and played more competitively. In 2007, Katie began playing in various CBVA, AVP, AVP Young Guns Tour, NVL, Seaside, and Jose Cuervo tournaments. In 2007 and 2008 she went to Rio de Janiero, trained with Brazilian beach coaches, and played against other international players. She earned AAA beach rating in 2010. Katie still plays beach volleyball on a regular basis in her free time. This is Katie’s fifth year running Nike Volleyball/Beach Volleyball camps and looks forward to another fun summer teaching athletes about the sport she loves!
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 8-16
- Gender: Girls & Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: The All Skills Beach program is geared towards players of all abilities. Campers will work on mastering the proper fundamentals of 2 v 2 beach volleyball through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
IMPORTANT DROP-OFF & PARKING INFORMATION
- To get to the Newland Street courts you may have to enter at Magnolia Street (it is the next street south on PCH from Newland) because sometimes the Newland Gate entrance is locked in the morning.
- Parents can buy parking passes for camp. All parents wanting to purchase a parking pass for $40 must notify us by June 8th, 2023.
- The daily parking rate is $15 for pick up and drop off. The Newland roundabout is closed this year due to a new policy put in place by The Huntington Beach State Beach Office.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Water bottle, sunscreen, athletic clothes - shorts/tees. Socks in case of hot sand. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Beach Volleyball Courts at Huntington Beach
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Camp Director Note to Campers
"Hi Beach Volleyball Campers! I am excited to meet you this summer on the sand in beautiful Huntington Beach! You are going to have a great time learning new beach volleyball skills, play many competitive games, make new friends, and have many chances at winning cool prizes! Every year kids have a great time playing the games and love the pace and play of the camp. It is a great time at the beach being active and healthy!" - Katie Goto
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Sandals/Sand socks
- Water bottle
- Swimsuit/swim trunks if you plan to cool off in the ocean
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Camp will take place at the Brookhurst Courts in Huntington Beach.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
June 29, 2023: My son had a great time and really enjoyed the coaches and other kids.
July 3, 2023: Bettering myself in all aspects of the sport.
My daughter loved this camp!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.