Nike Volleyball Camp Adrian College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join Head Women's Coach, David Kwan, and his staff at our popular Nike Volleyball Camps in Michigan.
Situated about 40 miles south of Ann Arbor, the 2019 camps at Adrian College provide girls, ages 8-18, with an opportunity to get better through individual instruction, position specific training, and fun competition.
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Excellent training facilities
- All campers receive an Adelphi Volleyball Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director David Kwan
In 2018, David Kwan is entering his seventh season as the head coach of the Adrian College women’s volleyball program. For the second season in a row, Kwan led the Bulldog women to the MIAA tournament in the 2016 season. It’s the first time the team has qualified for the tournament in consecutive seasons since 2006 and 2007. The team also increased its overall win total by one game and duplicated the conference record from the season before.View David Kwan's Bio ⟩
In Kwan's fifth season as head volleyball coach at Adrian College, he accumulated a record of 51-63 overall and 25-39 in the MIAA.
His best season with the Bulldogs was the 2015 campaign in which the team went 14-13 overall and 9-7 in the conference. The team finished third in the MIAA standings and advanced to the post season tournament, where they would fall to the defending NCAA DIII National Champions Hope College in the Semi-Final round.
Prior to coming to Adrian, Kwan did a stint at Defiance College as the Head Volleyball Coach. In his nine years at Defiance, Kwan finished in the top 3 in the conference three times, including a 2nd place finish in 2008.
He has also coached several club volleyball teams and has been a camp instructor at many colleges and universities including Ohio State University, the University of Michigan and Bowling Green State University.
Kwan is a 1999 graduate of York University in Toronto where he received his Bachelors of Arts in Kinesiology and Health Sciences, graduating with Honors. Kwan also has a Masters of Kinesiology in Coaching that he received in 2001 from York.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls of all ability levels. Campers can choose between Little Bulldogs (ages 10-12), All Skills (ages 12-19) or Advanced (ages 14-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 26-28 (Little Bulldogs & All Skills)
- July 25-28 (Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is designed for young players, ages 10-12, who are just starting out or in the first year of learning the basic skills for volleyball. Campers get a jump-start with their volleyball skills and work on a solid base to build upon after camp.
This program is a full-day camp designed for intermediate players, ages 12-19. Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings. All Intermediate sessions are designed for players of all skill levels.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players (ages 14-18/grades 9-12) with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
All Skills & Little Bulldogs: June 26-28
- Check-in: 12:00-1:00pm on Wednesday
- Little Bulldogs are welcome to stay until 5:00pm on the first day
- Check-out: Final games will take place from 9:00-11:30am on Friday, and graduation takes place immediately afterward. Parents are invited to attend.
- Little Bulldogs Schedule: Wednesday 1:00-5:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm, Friday 9:00-11:45am
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday 1:00-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00-11:45am
Advanced: JULY 25-28
- Check-in: 12:00-1:00pm on Thursday
- Check-out: Final games will take place from 9:00-11:30am on Sunday, and graduation takes place immediately afterward. Parents are invited to attend.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday 1:00-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 9:00-11:45am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day Campers: Lunch is provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts at the Merillat Sport and Fitness Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Gerald R. Ford International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Adrian College is located in Adrian, Michigan, on Highway 223, approximately 30 minutes northwest of Toledo, OH and 40 miles southwest of Ann Arbor, MI.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Loved her coaches!
July 30, 2018: Alayna said how kind all of the players were. She loved that she was coached! She especially loved her coach, Liz! Adrian College treated my daughter like she was an athlete. She did yoga, weight training, watched film sessions and learned about nutrition!
— Andrea S. Parent
We will be back!
July 5, 2018: She loved the experience. Staying overnight was a lot of fun. Sofia said the drills were different than a lot of drills she already knows, so it was fun learning new ones. She enjoyed the setting help too. I think her only complaint was how hot it was in her dorm. There’s not much you can do about that, it was just a very hot weekend. That’s the only negative thing she had to say was how hot it was. She really enjoyed her experience and wants to come again next year.
— Josephine A. Parent
August 2, 2017: Our daughter had a fun time playing and was able to meet new people who love the sport just as much!
— Bruce B. Parent
loved the tournament play!
July 31, 2017: A major highlight was the last day of tournament play, because it was fun and beneficial. Food could be improved.
— Barbara K. Parent
July 2, 2017: Kendall really enjoyed her coach Grace. We wish days 1 and 2 were longer!
— Jami R. Parent
I cannot wait to come back!
July 1, 2017: A few highlights were being excited to play and having a fun time with my teammates and learning new things everyday with my team and coach. And bonding with everyone at the camp. This camp was amazing and I cannot wait to come back!
— Brooke D. Camper
Skills and confidence increased
July 15, 2016: Our daughter had a great time at the elite camp. Both her volleyball skills and her confidence increased. The camp days are intense which left her feeling as though she made gains. The coaching staff provided a fun week for the all athletes. Thanks for furthering our daughters love of volleyball. See you next year.
— James N. Parent
Gained a lot of experience
July 5, 2016: This was the first year my daughter has attended a Nike camp. The camp was very well run and she gained a lot of experience while attending. The camp was very challenging but it was well worth it!
— Heather H. Parent
Want to return
August 2, 2015: They kept the girls interested and excited about being there. My daughter wanted to go each day and would like to return next year and stay overnight.
— Anna I. Parent
July 28, 2015: Low numbers between coaches and players - lots of hands on time!!
— Oliva O. Parent
July 22, 2015: My daughter was inspired, motivated, excited and totally pumped every day to attend. She loved how positive and complementary everyone was at the camp! She was a good volleyball player now I would say she is a great volleyball player. She has a ball in her hand at all times!!! Absolutely worth the cost of the camp. -Very pleased parent.
— Grace D. Parent
We appreciated the personal evaluations and personal attention from the coaching staff.
— Parent of an Adrian College Camper
The Adrian College volleyball camp had good teaching & enthusiastic instructors.
— Parent of an Adrian College Camper
I felt the coaches push you to your best ability.
— Adrian College Camper