Nike Volleyball Camp at Allen University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Unleash your potential at our new college volleyball camp for girls, ages 10-18, in South Carolina! Athletes will train with Allen University Head Volleyball Coach, Danielle Robinson, and her dedicated coaching staff.
Our new summer volleyball camp in Columbia gives players the opportunity to refine their volleyball skills and prepare for the upcoming season. Come train with other athletes who share the same love for the sport!
- Excellent training facilities
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to player ratio
- Recruiting Q&A for High School Campers
- Training for all skill levels
- Nike Volleyball Camp T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Danielle Robinson
Danielle Robinson is the Head Volleyball Coach at Allen UniversityView Danielle's Bio ⟩
Allen Athletics has removed the interim designation from volleyball coach Danielle Robinson, as announced by athletic director Jasher Cox in March of 2022.
In 2021, in her first year at Allen, Robinson led the Yellow Jackets to their best winning percentage since 2018. She has now led her team to a 6-1 start to the 2022 season in her second year.
"Coach Robinson brings a level of excitement and a wealth of knowledge to our volleyball program," said Cox in regard to his decision to remove the interim tag. "She is a fierce competitor that cares about young ladies, and I look forward to witnessing the success she will bring to Allen volleyball."
Robinson, a product of West Columbia, S.C., was a standout volleyball player at Claflin from 2012-2016. During her playing career at Claflin, Robinson helped capture the school's first-ever Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) championship and the school's first-ever automatic berth into the NCAA Division II Volleyball Championship.
"I love this game and I love the impact this sport allows me to have," said Robinson. "I have always said I would love to coach at the collegiate level. Now, having the opportunity to do so in the conference I played in, means the world to me."
Since entering the coaching profession, Robinson has been successful at every stop as she served as the head junior varsity coach at Blythewood High School in 2016 and led the team to a 5A regional championship.
During her time at Blythewood, she also served as the assistant varsity coach and helped lead the team to a 5A regional championship, along with a state semifinal appearance.
Robinson returned to the coaching realm in 2019 when she served as the varsity head coach at Columbia High School. During that season, the team finished third in the region and made an appearance in the first round of playoffs, marking the schools first playoff appearance since 2016.
Robinson earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Claflin in 2016, before going on to earn a Master of Accountancy degree in 2018 from Strayer. She is a member of USA Volleyball and the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA).
Camp Coach Jhi Piper Murles
Jhi Murles is the Assistant Volleyball Coach at Allen University.View Jhi Piper's Bio ⟩
Jhi Murles is in her second year as an assistant coach with the Allen University volleyball program.
A native of Irmo, South Carolina, Murles played High School at Dutch Fork High where she was named the 2011, 2012 and 2014 Best Defensive Player. She was also named the Dutch Fork Most Valuable Player in 2012.
In that same year, she was also All-Region. In 2013 and 2014, she was named an AAU All-Region Player and in 2014 she was named the Most Valuable Player for her AAU.
Collegiately, Murles Played at Claflin University, SC as a four year Starting Libero and Assisted in leading Claflin to the SIAC Championship match in back to back years in '15 and '16. They were also SIAC Eastern Division Champions in '15,and '16.
In 2015 - she Named the SIAC Defensive Player of the Year and Recorded double-digit digs in 15 of 34 matches.
2016 - named SIAC Defensive Player of the Week several weeks in a row
2017- Finished the season with five 20+ dig performances
2018 Ranked 6th in career digs of Claflin History
Graduate Assistant Coach for Alcorn State University Women’s Volleyball
She graduated from Claflin University, 2019, B.S. in Business Administration and a minor in Psychology. She also got her M.B.A. from Alcorn State University, 2021, Masters of Business Administration
Camp Coach Jessica Myles
Jessica Myles is the Assistant Volleyball Coach at Allen University.View Jessica's Bio ⟩
Jessica Myles is in her second season as an assistant coach with the Allen Volleyball program.
Myles is a native of Kansas City, Missouri by way of Little Rock, Arkansas.
Myles played at Claflin Univ. as a starting Defensive Specialist and Secondary Setter ’08,’09,’10; She was also All-Academic SIAC ’08,’09,’10; SIAC Eastern Division Champions ’10;
She previously served as an Assistant Varsity Coach at Columbia High School, Columbia, SC where she took Columbia HS to the playoffs for first time while hosting a regional playoff game.
She graduated from Claflin University, 2012, with a B.S. in Mathematics with Honors. She then went to grad school at the University of South Carolina, 2014, Masters in Higher Education; University of South Carolina, 2017, Masters in Mathematics; Hampton University, 2022, Ph.D. in Educational Management.
She is also a member of the USA Volleyball Officials Association
Myles currently resides in Columbia, South Carolina.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 24-27
- Age Group: Ages 10-13 (Bluff Road Park Gym), Ages 14-18 (Allen University)
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Daily Schedule Schedule: Monday- Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Sports instruction will start at 8:45am each day.
- Check-In: 8:00am for breakfast. Sports instruction will start at 8:45am.
- Check-Out: 4:00pm on Thursday
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will provided.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
*IMPORTANT* Ages 10-13 will attend camp at Bluff Road Park Gym 148 Carswell Dr, Columbia, SC 29209.
Ages 14-18 will attend at Allen University 1530 Harden St, Columbia, SC 29204.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will provided.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camp t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during the camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
- Extra Activities: Recruiting Q&A and college campus tour for campers ages 14-18.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
DIRECTOR'S NOTE TO CAMPERS
"My core belief with coaching is building relationships, being able to create interpersonal trust with student-athletes and investing in trustworthy relationships that nurtures them to be not leaders off the court but phenomenal athletes who in return create positive environments and lead to great success! My goal is to cultivate my athlete's ability to truly see their own greatness and build upon that!" -Danielle Robinson
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS CAMP SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 8:45am Warm up
- 9:00am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch and rest
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Training session II
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Players, ages 10-13, will train at Bluff Road Park Gym and players, ages 14-18, will train at Allen University.
Camp Questions & Answers
How to pay a deposit?
We are more than happy to work with any parents that may need to pay for camp in payments. Please contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 or email [email protected] and we will create a deposit schedule that works best for you!
How can I pay my balance?
Most of you have probably already authorized us to automatically charge your balance with your credit card on the due date. If not, please contact us with a credit card or send a check to US Sports Camps. You can check your balance anytime on the page called MyCamps by clicking here.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.