Nike Volleyball Camp at William Jessup University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our popular volleyball camp in Rocklin provides a fantastic opportunity for players of all abilities to improve their skills and enhance their fundamentals over the summer.
This kids summer camp in the Sacramento area is open to players of all ability levels, ages 10-18. Campers work on the fundamentals, develop proper mechanics and gain valuable game play experience. All aspects of the game are covered, giving you a solid skill foundation to build upon after camp.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players grouped by age and ability level
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Shasta Millhollin
Shasta Millhollin will be leading the Warriors in her third season as head coach this year after leading the team to the best win-loss record in school history for volleyball this past season. Millhollin took over the William Jessup program after serving as varsity volleyball coach at Desert Mountain High School in Scottsdale, Ariz. She was previously the volleyball coach at Perry High School and Westwood High School, both located in Arizona.View Shasta Millhollin's Bio ⟩
Millhollin also coached club teams in Arizona that finished in the top-10 nationally on five separate occasions. However, her experience is not limited to the high school level. Millhollin began her coaching experience as a graduate assistant coach at Arizona State University.
As a player, Millhollin was the starting setter at Ponderosa High School in Shingle Springs and later Solano Community College in Fairfield, where she became the career leader in assists for the Bay Valley Conference.
Originally recruited and signed to play for Texas A&M, she transferred to University Notre Dame de Namur, a Division II college in the Bay Area. While at Notre Dame de Namur, Millhollin was voted Pacific West Conference Female Athlete of the Year.
Millhollin graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University Notre Dame de Namur and a Masters in Secondary Education, Curriculum and Instruction from Arizona State University. She also has a Secondary Education teaching credential.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) Camps for girls, ages 9-18. Campers can choose between All Skills (grades 4-8 | ages 9-13) and Intermediate/Advanced (grades 9-12 | ages 14-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 9-11 (All Skills | Ages 9-13/Grades 4-8)
- July 11-13 (Intermediate/Advanced | Ages 14-18/Grades 9-12)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards girls, grades 4-8 (ages 9-13), of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Intermediate & ADVANCED
This program is geared towards high school and club level players, grades 9-12 (ages 14-18), with 1-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES
Session I: July 9-11 (All Skills)
- Overnight Check-In: 1:30pm-2:00pm on Monday
- Check-out: 11:15am on Wednesday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday 1:30-9:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-11:15am
SESSION II: JULY 11-13 (INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED)
- Overnight Check-in: 1:30pm-2:00pm on Wednesday
- Check-out: 11:15am on Friday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday 1:30-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-11:15am
2018 SPIRIT DAYS
Day 1- Crazy Sock Day
Day 2- Tie Dye Day
Day 3- Nike Day
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
2017 HOUSING (2018 TBA)
- Dorm: TBA for 2018
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Sacramento International.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
Located on the beautiful campus of William Jessup University, about 20 miles from downtown Sacramento, this sports complex is host to some of the top mens and womens sports programs in the area.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 3, 2017: The Camp director made an this camp fun and they worked hard. Both of my girls loved the campus food and the dorms experience.
— Jennifer M. Parent
August 2, 2017: This is my daughters second year with Jessup Nike Volleyball Camp and I feel that this camp is the best for young children to learn the right way to play. The coaches do such a great job making sure the girls have fun and they obviously love what they do. I would highly recommend this camp to all.
— Michelle O. Parent
August 1, 2017: Appreciated that there were 3 sessions a day, not just 2. My daughters skills improved. She had a great time.
— Karla M. Parent
loved the dorm!
July 31, 2017: She really liked the dorm, her roommates and the food. She enjoyed learning more about volleyball!
— Anita L. Parent
Loved the different games!
July 31, 2017: She liked scrimmaging, queen of the court, getting to know the other campers. She says the food was good, really good!
— Menaka O. Parent
July 31, 2017: Loved the food, making friends in the dorms, and playing volleyball!
— Laurie, E. Parent
Will be back next summer!
July 31, 2017: Kelly enjoyed playing the game, learning new skills and making friends. She was so happy at the end of each day, and I appreciated the great exercise and skill development. Definitely will sign her up next summer!
— Kelly G. Parent
July 31, 2017: They had a lot of fun and enjoyed the games. The food was just okay.
— Lawrence L. Parent
Great communication, skills, and friendships
July 26, 2016: The Nike Volleyball Camp at William Jessup University was my daughter's first full-on camp where she was out-of-town and away from home. The communication with the camp director was great! She was able to build on her existing skills, learn new skills and form new friendships. I highly recommend this camp and my daughter looks forward to next year
— Michelle A. Parent
Had a great time
July 20, 2016: My daughter came back so charged from the Nike Volleyball Camp. She had a great time, appreciated the one-on-one time to help her with specific issues, the fun things planned by the coaches, and the food.
— Crisanta T. Parent
August 6, 2015: The camp was a great experience!!!!! Super fun and I will totally go next year.
— ShaLynn L. Camper
Fun and hard working
August 2, 2015: The camp is a fun hard working camp, you have to do a lot of training but in a fun environment, the food is great so is the staff helping out, it really helped me improve my volleyball game.
— Kara K. Camper
July 27, 2015: I would highly recommend this camp if you are looking for a camp to improve your basic skills and to learn new more advanced ones. They support you if you are struggling with a skill then they will help you with it, if you are thinking about signing up for a volleyball camp, you should definitely consider this one!
— Adam M. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.