Nike Volleyball Camp at Jessup University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join our summer volleyball camp in the Sacramento area, where players have the opportunity to train with Jessup University's (formerly William Jessup) Head Volleyball Coach, Tiger Shelton. This camp provides a fun and encouraging environment where campers will improve their skills and make new friends.
Our girls and boys volleyball camp in Rocklin welcomes players of all ability levels, ages 9-15. Campers will work on fundamentals, develop proper mechanics and gain valuable gameplay experience. All aspects of the game will be covered, and each player will leave camp feeling ready to take on their upcoming season!
- Instruction from Jessup University Head Volleyball Coach Tiger Shelton
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Tiger Shelton
Tiger Shelton is the Head Women's Volleyball Coach at Jessup University.View Tiger's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
Tiger Shelton officially joined the Jessup Staff as Head Coach of Jessup Volleyball in April of 2019. Through four seasons with the Warriors, Shelton holds an overall record of 45-47, and has led the program to its first GSAC Championship and NAIA Opening Round appearance.
Athletic Director Lance Von Vogt said on the hiring of Shelton, “At the outset of this search, we knew we were looking for someone that is an expert in building a culture with strong ties to our vibrant Northern California volleyball community. Our national search yielded top-flight candidates, and the field was extremely competitive; however, Tiger Shelton quickly rose to the top of our list at each stage of the process."
Shelton’s over 40 years of volleyball experience brings a wealth of knowledge to a program that has now experienced three consecutive winning seasons through 2022.
- Shelton immediately impacted the program in year one, helping Jessup improve their win total by four and increasing their conference win total by six marking a school record for conference wins with 10, the most in program history. The stellar year resulted in the team making their first GSAC playoff appearance and then-senior Vendela Williams being named to the All-GSAC team.
- The Warriors jumped out to two wins in their first three matches in year two under Shelton. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the season was pushed to the spring of 2021, forcing the Warriors to go 13 months without a match. Jessup finished the year 4-14, and the year was capped off with Madison Marlow and Jasmine Pinon earning scholar-athlete nods.
- Year three under Shelton saw the Warriors test themselves in the preseason, competing six times against teams receiving national votes, including two top-10 teams on a trip to Iowa. In conference, Jessup went 10-8, finishing the highest they ever have in the GSAC standings. Along the way, Taylor Dilley and Mary Padilla pieced together record seasons as the two were honored on the All-GSAC team. Dilley's record-breaking season also earned her the honors of an NAIA All-American Honorable Mention.
- The Warriors were red-hot to finish year four under Shelton, closing the season winning 12 of their final 14 matches. Jessup won a program record 12 GSAC matches, clinching the two-seed and a first round bye in the 2022 GSAC Tournament. Wins over Vanguard (semifinals) and Westmont (championship) secured the Warriors their first GSAC Championship in program history, sending the team to the NAIA Opening Round for the first time (five-set loss at Southern Oregon). Shelton was honored for his work as the GSAC and AVCA Regional Coach of the Year, while Marina Gonzalez, Madalyn Miller, and Taylor MacCuish were added to the All-GSAC team.
Shelton has been a volleyball coach for nearly 40 years, where he's coached at various levels with success at each stop along the way. Shelton has cultivated an extensive career as the Co-founder, director, and coach of Pacific Coast Volleyball Club (PCVC) based in Stockton. His vast coaching experience even goes beyond our borders as he's also coached overseas. Shelton also had a brief stint at Modesto Junior College before joining the Warriors.
Before co-founding PCVC, Shelton coached eight other club squads and three other high school and middle school programs.
Shelton's brings to the court and upbeat personality and expects his ties to the region to help the squad tremendously in recruiting.
"Tiger is a ball of energy and a culture setter," added Von Vogt. "He's also well connected locally and has extensive ties to the club volleyball scene. Our ability to recruit top tier student-athletes will significantly improve as well as the awareness of our program under Tiger's leadership."
Some of Shelton's coaching highlights include Trans Valley League Coach of the Year, as well as winning Southern League Coach of the Year twice. Shelton also won five consecutive CIF championships while coaching at Ripon Christian.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
9 GSAC Player of the Week
3 CSC Academic All-District
2 Playoff Appearance
1 NAIA All-American
1 GSAC Championship
1 GSAC Coach of the Year
1 AVCA Regional Coach of the Year
When asked why he chose to come to Jessup, Shelton said, "I have coached at many levels and around the world for many years. Coaching and working at William Jessup University gives me a chance to help develop a program with a lot of potential and resources along with support from the William Jessup staff and administration into an NAIA power through and by the power of God. The support, the amazing campus, the ability to attract athletes, and the athletes that are already at WJU. It's an exciting time to be a Warrior!"
Shelton hails from San Diego but currently resides in Roseville with his wife Michelle. The two have two children, Andie and Tyson.
Volleyball Tips by Tiger:
Assistant Coach Andie Shelton
Andie Shelton is an Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach at Jessup University.View Andie's Bio ⟩
Andie Shelton is an All American player at Duke University and first team All-ACC honoree. In 2018, she led Duke to a 3-0 weekend at the Tiger Classic, garnering tournament MVP, and best setter accolades, and earned the ACC Player of the Week recognition.
Assistant Coach AJ Mackin
AJ Mackin is an Assistant Volleyball Coach at Jessup University.View AJ's Bio ⟩
AJ Mackin is one of the longest tenured coaches at Jessup, entering year nine with the Jessup Volleyball program. Initially brought on for the 2014 season, Mackin has helped the Warriors through his on-court work and film breakdowns.
Mackin began his coaching career in 2010 when he was brought on by former Jessup head coach Jamie Ingram to assist her at Granite Bay HS. Mackin held his assistant role with the Grizzlies until 2018.
Since joining the Jessup bench, the Warriors have made steady improvements each season. In 2020, Mackin led the Warriors to their first ten-win season in GSAC play, a feat they followed up in 2021. The Warriors also made their first trip to the GSAC Tournament in 2020.
Mackin also serves as the Head Coach for the Synergy Force. When asked about his goals for the Jessup Volleyball program, Mackin stated that he wants to continue “building a culture around hard work and staying positive.”
Coach Michelle Shelton
Michelle Shelton is a club coach for the Pacific Coast Volleyball Club.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
Michele has over 25 years of experience as a coach and player. Michele attended the Masters College in Southern California as a 3 sport athlete, playing softball, basketball and volleyball. After college, she played USA Volleyball Adult National Championships and medaled 3 consecutive years in the women’s A division. As a coach, Michele has enjoyed success at the high school and club levels. At the high school level, she was the head coach at Charlotte Latin in Charlotte, NC, where she won a state championship and was runner up the previous year. At Ripon Christian Schools she was the assistant coach for 3 CIF Section Championships, and at the club level she assisted the Delta Valley Volleyball Club 14s to the National Championship in Reno, NV, and a 1st place finish. Michele has coached many camps and clinics and is currently a teacher at Caesar Chaves High School in Stockton.
Assistant Coach Lisa Fowkes
Lisa Fowkes is an Assistant Volleyball Coach at Jessup University.View Lisa's Bio ⟩
Lisa Fowkes officially joined the Warriors as an assistant coach prior to the 2022 season. A rising name in the volleyball ranks, Fowkes helped guide the Warriors to a record year in her first campaign.
Fowkes came to Jessup with 13 years of coaching experience under her belt. Recently, Fowkes has been coaching with SynergyForce Volleyball, where she enters year four with the organization in 2022.
The 2022 season will be the first for Fowkes at the collegiate ranks, as she spent 12 seasons as the head coach at Cosumnes Oaks High School. During that time, Fowkes was named the 2021 Delta League Coach of the Year. In 2013, she earned SVC Coach of the Year honors.
Fowkes led Cosumnes Oaks to the 2021 Delta League Championship. In 2019, her team finished second in the Northern California CIF State Playoffs.
For eight years Fowkes was also the Head Coach for the Delta Valley Volleyball Club.
Fowkes attended Sacramento State where she graduated with her degree in Business Administration. She played collegiate volleyball for the Hornets.
Camp Staff Jessup University Camp Staff
2023 Jessup University Camp StaffView Jessup University's Bio ⟩
Ellery Faith Runner/Dorms/Concessions
AJ Mackin Head Coach CT 1
Lauren Toon Assistant Coach CT 1
Jayhlin Swain Assistant Coach CT 1
Andie Shelton Head Coach CT 2 Sat and Sun
Brad Keethe Head Coach CT 2 Mon and Tue
Paulina Harris Assistant Coach CT 2
Sydney Hancock Assistant Coach CT 2
Cloee Gunter Head Coach CT 3
Emily Leal Assistant Coach CT 3 Sun, Monday and Tuesday
Carolina Bogdanovich Assistant Coach CT 3
Michele Shelton Head Coach CT 4/5
Candice Embrey Head Coach CT 4/5
Mallory Pazin Head Coach CT 4/5
Tyson Shelton Assistant Coach CT 4/5
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please note: Camp sessions SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
Formerly known as William Jessup University.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 9-15/grades 4-10
- Gender: Girls & boys
- Programs: All Skills
- Camp Types: Overnight, Extended Day (Commuter), & Day
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers. Lunch is provided for Day Campers.
- June 11-14: All Skills (Overnight & Extended Day, Girls, Ages 9-15)
- July 7-8: All Skills (Day Camp, Coed, Ages 9-15)
- Attend multiple sessions! We encourage campers to maximize their camp experience by attending multiple camp sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
ALL SKILLS SESSION I (Overnight & Extended Day)
- Dates: June 11-14
- Gender: Girls
- Age Group: 9-15/grades 4-10
- Check-in: 3:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Wednesday
- Extended Day (Commuter) Schedule: Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm, Monday-Tuesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards girls, grades 4-10 (ages 9-15), of all abilities. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play.
ALL SKILLS SESSION II (Day Camp)
- Dates: July 7-8
- Gender: Girls & boys
- Age Group: 9-15
- Daily Hours: 10:00am-4:00pm, Friday-Saturday
- Check-in: 9:00am on Friday
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for Day campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards girls and boys, grades 4-10 (ages 9-15), of all abilities. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play.
The information below is subject to change each year.
- Dorm Name: TBA
- Dorm Style: TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared bathroom in hall
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: TBA
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day (Commuter) campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch is provided
- Complete Supervision: Staff members reside in campers' quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Players are group by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- A/C in Gym: The main gym has a/c, the recreational gym does not.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic training clothes (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
CAMP DIRECTOR NOTE TO CAMPERS
"Hello volleyball campers, we are very excited to be able to offer you an incredible and unique volleyball camp experience. I have been putting camps and clinics on all around the world for the last 40 years, from, North Carolina to Maribor Slovenia and Pula Croatia to California. What makes this camp so good is the emphasis put on FUNdamentals. Fundamentals are the foundation of any good volleyball player and to be a great volleyball player they are imperative. With a great blend of an experienced and fun coaching staff, campers are given the opportunity to learn the game from some of the areas best coaches (college and club) and the Jessup Volleyball Team. Players are put into positions and trained by high level head coaches using cutting edge techniques. Setters are given the opportunity to learn from some of the best setting coaches and Duke All American Setter Andie Shelton. Staying on the Jessup campus, gives players a chance to experience college living at its best. Jessup University has one of the best college cafes in the USA and is considered by US News and World Report as one of Californias best private schools. Jessup's campus is unique. Designed by world famous Disney architect Frank Geary, Jessup may be small but it is impressive. We look forward to seeing you this summer on the Jessup campus. Go Warriors!" - Tiger Shelton
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Session I Day 2 Sample Schedule
- 7:00-8:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 8:00am-10:00am Training Session I: Warm up, positional work, live game play
- 10:00am Break, rest
- 10:05am-12:30pm Training Session II: Positional work, team drills, partner drills
- 12:30pm-2:00pm Lunch, rest
- 2:00pm-5:30pm Training Session III: Serving, positional work, live game play
- 5:30pm-7:30pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 7:30pm-9:00pm Training Session IV: Team play
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:30pm Lights out
Session II Sample Schedule
- 10:00am Campers arrive
- 10:00am-12:30pm Training session I
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch,rest
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Training session II
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Located on the beautiful campus of Jessup University, about 20 miles from downtown Sacramento, this sports complex is host to some of the top mens and womens sports programs in the area.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
June 14, 2023: My daughter's confidence in her abilities to serve, set and pass has been raised tremendously. In just three days, she said she felt like she has made a great improvement.
June 14, 2023: My daughter loved the good competition -- she was placed on an appropriate level team for her skills and loved it.
June 14, 2023: Playing and meeting new friends who love the sport! Also, the passion the staff has for the sport as well!
July 10, 2023: The camp was very organized, the facilities were great, the food was great, the coaches were amazing!
June 14, 2022: My daughters enjoyed the knowledge the coaches provided, while being extremely patient.
June 14, 2023: My daughter loved the entire experience and the new skills and friendships she made.
July 8, 2023: Watching Maddie come home excited about learning new skills and making new friends
June 14, 2023: The amazing coaches and friendly environment
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.