Nike Beach Volleyball Camp at College of Marin with Bodhi Beach Volleyball Club
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
We welcome players of all abilities to come and develop their beach volleyball skills at our summer volleyball camp in Northern California! Campers will receive high-quality instruction from Nike Camp Director, Heidi Ilustre Boatright, to improve their game through various beach volleyball drills.
This girls' and boys' beach volleyball camp in the Bay Area allows campers to learn new skills while having fun. Players are invited to join our dedicated staff this summer for beach volleyball training that will take their game to the next level and prepare them for their next season.
- Training from elite coaching staff at excellent training facilities
- Low staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Heidi Ilustre-Boatright
Heidi Ilustre-Boatright is the Camp Director and Coach at Bodhi Beach Volleyball.View Heidi's Bio ⟩
Heidi started her beach volleyball career in 2000, playing in the local tournaments around Oahu. In 2001, Heidi and Tanya Fuamatu-Anderson partnered, qualified for the AVP tour, and began a run that would take them to numerous top ten finishes around the country.
In 2005, the Philippines Olympic Committee recruited Heidi and Diane Nelson to represent the Philippines on the international level, competing at the Asia Games, the Southeast Asia Games, and the FIVB World Tour with the ultimate goal of qualifying for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. They came up short in their bid for Beijing, but after seeing the sports impact around the world, Heidi came home inspired to grow the sport for the next generation.
In 2010, she assisted Daryl Kapis in launching the Hawaii Pacific University beach program, competing against D1 schools. Heidi continued her coaching career on “the mainland”, at UCLA Bruin Beach under the direction of Stein Metzger, Golden Gate Volleyball in Marin, The Lab in Colorado with Mike Patton, and SynergyBeach in Sacramento, mentoring and guiding numerous athletes on their road to playing collegiate beach volleyball.
Camp Coach Karimah Hay
Karimah Hay is the Assistant Club Director for Aloha Beach Volleyball Club.View Karimah's Bio ⟩
Coach Karimah Hay is a local resident of Sonoma County, the assistant director for Aloha Beach Volleyball Club in Sonoma County, and is a graduate of Rancho Cotate High School. After graduation from high school, Karimah attended Santa Rosa Junior College where she continued with her success on the court garnering First Team All-Conference awards and leading her team to two CCCAA State Championships and earning CCCAA All-Tournament Team selection in just her second season. Karimah then earned a scholarship to play for Webber International University in Florida, where she was First Team All-Conference and earned her Bachelors degree in Corporate Communications.
Camp Coach Rob Funchal
Rob Funchal is an Assistant Coach at Bodhi Beach Volleyball.View Rob's Bio ⟩
Rod is currently an Assistant Coach with Bodhi Beach Volleyball. His love for volleyball began in high school, where he first started playing indoor volleyball. He then went on to play at Sonoma State University. As his college career progressed, in an effort to better his volleyball skills, he started to explore the outdoor version of the game and that’s where Rodrigo discovered a new love for beach volleyball. He also took on a role as a coach at Absolute Volleyball Club, where he dedicated over 7 years of his life helping teams of all age groups to develop their skills and reach their full potential on the court. Rodrigo also played an instrumental role in helping the club establish its boys program.
Co-Director Hedder Ilustre-Pascua
Hedder is a coach at CPA Volleyball.View Hedder's Bio ⟩
Hedder Ilustre-Pascua grew up playing indoor and outdoor volleyball in sunny South Bay, CA with Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach as her backyard. She comes with 30 years of volleyball knowledge for both sports. Hedder has trained with some of the best coaches and players in the nation, having played indoor at the University of Hawaii and on the A2 USA Team. She's been under the wing of sand coaches such as Danalee Corso (first Beach Coach at FSU), Brian Corso, and Nancy Mason. She has trained with top AVP and FIVB players, including her sister Heidi Ilustre-Boatright and sister-in-law Diane Nelson. Hedder has had multiple top finishes in CBVA opens and has played in several AVP Volleyball tournaments. She comes with a wealth of knowledge and is excited to share it!
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
For more information on Bodhi Beach Volleyball, visit https://bodhibeachvolleyball.com/bodhi-beach-volleyball.
2023 CAMP INFORMATION
- Dates: June 12-13
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls & boys
- Camp Type: Beach, Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Tuesday
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a snack to camp.
- Program: This All Skills, Beach program is geared towards players of all abilities. Our beach volleyball camps provide players the opportunity to improve their beach fundamental skills and develop their game strategy. With only two players on each side of the court, this sport requires some volleyball proficiency as our staff aims to get maximum repetition of all skills through demos, drills, and game play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers attending a multi-day camp will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded. Prizes are handed out for winning different competitions during camp.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Water bottle, sunscreen, athletic clothes - shorts/tees, socks in case of hot sand. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Outdoor beach courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Sandals & socks (in case the sand gets too hot)
- Beach towel
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:30pm Break, lunch
- 12:30pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Campers will train on the beach volleyball courts at the College of Marin in Kentfield, California.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.