Nike Volleyball Camp at Christ Presbyterian Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join our volleyball camp in Nashville this 2024 summer and take your skills to the next level! Campers from Davidson County will receive elite level instruction from the Christ Presbyterian Academy Head Volleyball Coach, Carrol DeNure, and her dedicated coaching staff.
This volleyball camp in Tennessee is designed for girls, ages 11-17, looking to refine their fundaments, reach their full potential as a volleyball player, and have an unforgettable experience. Players will leave this camp feeling more confident on the court and prepared for the upcoming season.
- Excellent training facilities and high quality instruction
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Evening training sessions
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Carrol DeNure
Carrol DeNure is the Volleyball Coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy.View Carrol's Bio ⟩
Carrol has coached volleyball for over 20 years, which includes coaching club volleyball, Head Coach of Flint Hill School in Oakton, VA, and presently the Head Varsity Coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville, TN. As the Flint Hill School's first Varsity level coach, Carrol quickly helped build the program into one of the best teams along the east coast. She was named VISAA Division I Coach of the Year nine times (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019) and also received the Washington Post All-Met Coach of the Year in 2012. With Flint Hill winning 10 state championships in 12 years, her teams finished as the Washington Post #1 ranked team five times. In 2017, Flint Hill finished the season with a 35-0 record and a #13 national ranking by Maxpreps XCellent Top 25. She has coached five Washington Post All-Met Players of the Year, four Virginia State Gatorade Players of the Year, and eight VISAA Division I Players of the Year. Her players have gone on to play collegiate volleyball at various universities including University of North Carolina, University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin, Liberty University, Virginia Tech, Rutgers University, University of Maryland, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Johns Hopkins University, University of San Diego, Hartford University, Elon University, Fairfield University and Emory University.
During her coaching career Carrol has also been involved with coaching club volleyball in the CHRVA region where her teams won regionals five times and qualified for USAV Nationals eight times. Before moving to Nashville in 2021, she and her husband Dave coached the Metro 14 Travel team out of Washington DC.
For the past three years, she has been the Head Coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy where she and Dave are working to build volleyball program, train players and continuing to grow the sport of volleyball in this region.
Growing up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Carrol was a three-sport athlete (volleyball, basketball, cross country) and was selected Most Athletic her senior year and was an all-region athlete. She was also Co-Valedictorian of her graduating class. In 2016 she was inducted into her high school’s Hall of Fame.
Carrol graduated Magna Cum Laude from Freed Hardeman University in 1991 with a B.S. degree in Teaching Mathematics. Carrol and her husband, Dave DeNure, have four children: Jesse, who played football at The College of William & Mary; Gracie, a graduate student at Clemson University; Dan, a teacher and coach at Flint Hill School; and Lexi, a recent graduate of James Madison University.
Co-Director Dave DeNure
Dave DeNure is the Volleyball Coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy.View Dave's Bio ⟩
Dave has played and coached volleyball over the last 40 years at various levels. In 2021 he and his wife moved to Nashville where they are currently coaching at Christ Presbyterian Academy. Prior to that Dave coached at Flint Hill School in Oakton Virginia with his wife Carrol. While on staff the team went to 5 consecutive State Championship matches winning 4 State titles.
Dave coached high school girls’ volleyball in New Jersey and was the Club Director and 18s Coach for the Cut Shot VBC. Dave’s experience also includes 18 years of coaching collegiate volleyball at New Jersey Institute of Technology and his alma mater East Stroudsburg University. He has appeared and worked at more than 100 camps and clinics which includes being a member of the camp coaching staff at the University of North Carolina for the past 30 years.
Dave is a member of the East Stroudsburg University Hall of Fame for his accomplishments as a player where he was a 3-time team MVP, captain and selected All EIVA his sophomore, junior and senior years. His senior year he was also selected as the Outstanding Senior Athlete at the University. He is also a member of the New Jersey Institute of Technology Athletic Hall of Fame for his coaching accomplishments there. Dave is also one of 30 members of the EIVA Hall of Fame which represents 50 years of men's Eastern Collegiate volleyball.
Upon college graduation Dave played in the USA Men’s National Volleyball Team program, playing in the National Sports Festival, the World University Games and with the US National Team. He also played for many years on one of the top club teams in the country, and also played beach volleyball for 15 years, competing on several professional tours.
Dave and his wife Carrol live in Franklin, TN.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 3-6
- Age Group: 11-17*
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Half Day Camp
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to camp start time at the Varsity Gym.
- Meals: Meals are not provided. Campers should eat before or after the camp each day.
- Program: This Intermediate/Advanced program is geared toward high school and club-level players (ages 11-17/grades 6-12) with 1-3 years of competitive experience looking to improve in all aspects of the game. This competitive program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, and a higher level of play. Campers will receive elite instruction that will elevate and refine their technique and take their skills to the next level.
*This camp is suited for rising 6th graders through 12th graders.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Evening training sessions
- Meals: Meals are not provided. Campers should eat before or after the camp each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
- 4:00pm Campers arrive, warm up
- 4:00pm-5:45pm Training Session I
- 5:45pm-6:00pm Break, rest
- 6:00pm-8:00pm Training Session II
- 8:00pm Campers depart
Volleyball campers will train on campus at Christ Presbyterian's high-quality training facilities.
June 8, 2023: She was excited to be there everyday!
Very skilled and experienced coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.