Nike Volleyball Camp Fort Worth
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This Texas volleyball camp in Fort Worth at Eagle Mountain Sportsplex combines instruction and spirited competition to bring you a summer of fun and help you reach your potential.
Join Kimberly Weaver, former Head Volleyball Coach at Texas Wesleyan University, for the skill development or advanced volleyball camps, geared towards girls looking to take their games to the next level.
- Excellent training facilities and coaching staff
- Five hours of instruction daily
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp DIrector Kimberly Weaver
Kimberly Weaver is the former Head Coach at Texas Wesleyan University and current club coach at Eagle Mountain Volleyball Club.View Kimberly's Bio ⟩
Kimberly Weaver took the helm of the Texas Wesleyan volleyball program prior to the 2013 season becoming the sixth head coach in the history of the program.
In three seasons, she has notched a record of 58-48 (.547) while producing 20 All-Conference selections, four NAIA Scholar-Athletes, and two All-Americans.
Last season (2015), the Lady Rams produced a sparkling 24-11 overall record and went 12-4 in Sooner Athletic Conference play. As the third seed in the SAC tournament, they reached the semifinals for a third consecutive year. The team featured six All-SAC selections including Libero of the Year Shaughnessy Hearn and Setter of the Year Kristina Gafford. Hearn was also named Honorable Mention NAIA All-American, and Starnisha Bodie was named NAIA Scholar-Athlete. The Lady Rams were also named an NAIA Scholar-Team while posting 10 players to the SAC Commissioner's Honor Roll, and six on the SAC Academic All-Conference team.
Weaver came to Texas Wesleyan from Liberty Christian School after serving as head coach of the volleyball program for two years. Prior to her time at Liberty Christian, Weaver collected an overall record of 113-48 as the head volleyball coach at Midland College from 2007-2010. During her tenure at Midland College, Weaver oversaw a 100 percent graduation rate and led the volleyball program to a tenth place finish at the NJCAA National Tournament in 2010. In the same year, Weaver was awarded the WJCAC Volleyball Coach of the Year and the NJCAA District F Coach of the Year Awards. Weaver has also coached multiple NCAA Division I athletes.
Weaver received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology degree in 2006 (Magna Cum Laude) from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and was named the Outstanding Sociology Graduate of the Year. As a former Academic All-American at UALR (2004), Weaver made the Dean’s List (2004-2006), the Chancellor’s List (2006), and received two Sunbelt Conference Academic Awards (2004-2006). Prior to her time as a student-athlete at UALR, Weaver played volleyball for two seasons at the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith.
The Fort Smith, Arkansas, native is a member of the American Volleyball Coaches Association and is CAP (Coaches Accreditation Program) Level I certified. Weaver resides in Fort Worth with her husband Blake and their daughter Harper.
This year we are offering Day Camps that run Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Campers can choose between All Skills (ages 10-18) and Advanced (ages 14-18) programs. Click "See More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- June 11-14 (All Skills)
- June 25-28 (Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players (ages 14-18/grades 9-12) with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: June 11-14 (All Skills) | June 25-28 (Advanced)
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:45pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, campers should bring a sack lunch with them each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPTMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Eagle Mountain Sportsplex is a multi-sport indoor facility featuring 5 volleyball courts located in Fort Worth, Texas.