Nike Volleyball Camp at Gaston Day School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
All skill levels are welcome at our North Carolina volleyball camp! Led by Nike Camp Director Derek Bing, you'll get top-level coaching to improve your skills.
In Gastonia, girls aged 10-16 can make new friends, train, compete, and have a blast getting better! Join us at Gaston Day School for an unforgettable summer of volleyball excitement.
- Instruction from elite coaching staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Derek Bing
Derek Bing is the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach at Gaston Day School.View Derek's Bio ⟩
Camp Coach Carter EckView Carter's Bio ⟩
Camp Staff Drew BrownView Drew's Bio ⟩
Camp Staff Stacey WebsterView Stacey's Bio ⟩
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es).
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Session I: June 3-7
- Session II: July 15-19
- Age Group: 10-16
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Daily Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-12:00pm Friday
- Check-In: 8:30am on Monday
- Lunch: Pizza, snacks, and drinks will be available for purchase. Campers are also welcome to bring their lunch.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Pizza, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Campers are also welcome to bring their lunch.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:00am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Campers will utilize the gymnasium at Gaston Day School in Gastonia, North Carolina.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
June 12, 2023: My daughter was very nervous in the beginning as she was one of the youngest and smallest girls there. The entire staff helped calm her nerves and she was having a blast in no time. She came home excited each afternoon and looked forward to going back the next day!
July 29, 2023: The people and having the opportunity to learn new techniques/skills and better my existing skills.
June 6, 2023: My daughter had fun learning the sport to help her participate on her middle school team
August 2, 2023: How much the coaches pay attention to what skills need to be really focused on!
June 5, 2023: How there is such good encouragement and cheering of achievements
June 2, 2023: My daughter had a great time and learned new skills.
Jayonni enjoyed himself!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.