Nike Volleyball Camp at Joy of the Game Sports Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camp near Chicago takes place at Joy of the Game Sports Center in Deerfield. This day camp provides players of all skill levels with the opportunity to learn new techniques and increase their love of the game.
Directed by Stephen McCarthy, a certified USAV official, campers will gain expert instruction and master fundamentals. They will have the opportunity train alongside other athletes, gain confidence on the court, and learn new skills to help take their game to the next level and unleash their potential.
- Excellent training facilities
- Training for all skill levels
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephen McCarthy
Stephen McCarthy, Director of The McCarthy Project (TMP), has prepared over 15,000 youth, high school, college athletes for over a span of 17 years. He has developed over 150 NCAA athletes within the sports of basketball, volleyball (indoor and beach), soccer, swimming and hockey, including players who have played the following professional sports: NBA and NHL.View Stephen McCarthy's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
Currently, Stephen is a USAV certified official, a USAV Beach Impact and BCAP I certified volleyball coach, a member of AVCA and JVA, a coach within the USAV High Performance Beach Program, as well as, a certified personal trainer.
Volleyball Tips by Stephen McCarthy:
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 15-18
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 15-18
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The 50,000 sq. ft. air-conditioned Joy of the Game Sports Center is among the premier amateur playing environments in the Midwest and is conveniently located within 25 miles of downtown Chicago and three miles from I-94 / I-294 and the Edens Expressway.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Met new friends!
July 20, 2018: My daughter's highlights are meeting new friends, increasing her passing in the sport, and all the productive activities.
— Rosey R. Parent
July 20, 2018: My daughter said it was a friendly environment. She liked having other girls from her school there and being able to be on the same team with them. It was good exercise and gave her the opportunity to play volleyball.
— Cristine S. Parent
Learned new skills
July 20, 2018: Ava felt empowered. With that she played better, was able to try out new techniques and hone her skills.
— Lynn W. Parent
Reviews Not Available
This is our first year hosting a Nike Volleyball Camp at this location, so reviews are not avaialble at this time.
— Nike Volleyball Camps