Nike Volleyball Camp at Menlo College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join us at our volleyball camp in San Mateo County at Menlo College this summer 2023. This day volleyball camp in California offers players the opportunity to train alongside other athletes, gain confidence on the court, and learn new skills to help take their game to the next level.
This volleyball camp near Palo Alto is for girls, ages 10-18, is designed to take campers' skills to the next level through instruction from Head Coach, Denise Sheldon. We encourage volleyball players from the Bay Area and beyond to join us for a week of fun competition and create lasting camp memories!
- Instruction from elite coaches
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Denise Sheldon
Denise Sheldon is the Head Volleyball Coach at Menlo College.View Denise's Bio ⟩
Denise Sheldon is the head women's volleyball coach at Menlo College. She is coming off of winning GSAC Coach of the Year Honors in 2019, and enters year number seven in 2023. In her first five years at Menlo:
- Led the Oaks to their first GSAC Regular Season Title in Program History in 2019
- Led the Oaks to their first trip to the NAIA National Tournament since 2014
- The Oaks have 75 wins, including 22 in 2017, the most since 1991 in a single season
- Seven All-GSAC selections, the first since joining the GSAC in 2015.
- Two NAIA All-Americans
- NAIA Player of the Year Moea Kekauoha
- Eight GSAC and Daktronics-NAIA Scholar Athletes
- Two AVCA All-Region First Team members
- Two AVCA All-Region Honorable Mention team members
On the coaching front she has almost 30 years of experience on the national and international level. She has directed and served on the board of directors for several volleyball clubs and is currently on the board of Empower Sports Academy, a group working to promote the Pakistan Women's National Volleyball Team and build a National Training and Competition Center in Pakistan. She is USA Volleyball CAP Level IV Certified and a Coaching Education Instructor.
Coach Sheldon played collegiately at University of Nevada-Reno where she was an Academic All-WAC team member. Prior to playing at UNR, she was a First Team Junior College All-American.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Programs: All Skills, Serving & Passing Clinic
- Camp Type: Day, Half Day
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 24-27: All Skills Camp
- July 28: Serving & Passing Clinic
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
All SKILLS DAY CAMP
- Dates: July 24-27
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Program: This All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play.
- Beach volleyball rotation: As part of the camp curriculum, each camper will have some beach rotations during camp to work on their 2v2 skills and more!
SERVING & PASSING CLINIC
- Dates: July 28
- Daily Hours: Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Friday
- Program: This Serving & Passing Clinic is designed for players to improve the strength of their serve and effectiveness of passing. The serving portion of the clinic will focus on the various techniques of serving, along with improving consistency. The passing portion of the clinic will focus on various passing techniques for both front-row and back-row passers, as well as all-around ball control techniques for all positions. Recommended for all players and positions.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
- Extra Activities: Playing in College and Recruiting Panel, Sports Performance and Nutrition Session
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts and outdoor courts
- A/C in Gym: TBD
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
CAMP DIRECTOR NOTE TO CAMPERS
"Train like a Menlo College athlete this summer! Join our summer volleyball camp in the San Francisco Bay Area, where players have the opportunity to train with Menlo College's head volleyball coach, Denise Sheldon. This camp provides a fun and supportive environment where campers will learn a lot, improve their skills, make new friends, and have FUN!
This camp welcomes girls of all ability levels, ages 10-18. Campers will train all volleyball skills, learn fundamentals, and enjoy competitive gameplay. Get ready for the 2023 fall season with us at Menlo College!" - Denise Sheldon
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.