Nike Volleyball Camp Round Rock Sports Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball day camp near Austin is held at The Round Rock Sports Center. Camp combines technical volleyball instruction and training with a fun camp atmosphere for girls, ages 8-17, of all levels.
This volleyball camp in Texas strives to help campers establish a solid foundation to build upon after camp by providing training in all aspects of the sport. Players will work on serving, position work, and techniques, along with fun competitive play.
- Experience coaches and excellent training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Lisa Lancaster
Lisa Lancaster has coached both club and high school level volleyball in Edinburg, Texas since 2013 and will now be lending her talents to Nike Volleyball Camps in both San Antonio and Youngsville!View Lisa's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
After a successful high school career in volleyball, basketball, track & field, and cross country, Lancaster turned her eye toward the physical education and coaching world. Lancaster received her degree in Kinesiology from Texas A&M International University in 2013 while playing volleyball for the Division II Texas A&M International Dustdevils.
Since graduating she has coached volleyball at Progreso High School, Lyford High School, LRD Elite Volleyball Club, and South Texas Juniors Volleyball Club.
This year we are offering an AM Half Day Camp (8:00am-12:00pm) for ages 8-12 and a PM Half Day Camp (1:00pm-5:00pm) for ages 13-16. All camps are geared towards girls of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-11
This camp is open to girls, ages 8-17, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
*Please note, the following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: July 8-11
Morning Session: Ages 8-12
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 7:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 11:30am. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
Afternoon Session: Ages 13-16
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Check-in: 12:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 4:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: AM Half Day Camp
- 8:00-8:15am Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching
- 8:15-8:45am Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 8:45-9:15am Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 9:15-9:45am Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 9:45-10:15am Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 10:15am-11:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 11:00am-12:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: PM Half Day Camp
- 1:00-1:15pm Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 1:15-1:45pm Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 1:45-2:15pm Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 2:15-2:45pm Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 2:45-3:15pm Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 3:15-4:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 4:00-5:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
The Round Rock Sports Center is a $14.9 million dollar facility that boasts 82,800 square feet of indoor space with 47,775 square feet of flexible, open, playable space and 12 high school volleyball courts.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 13, 2018: Our daughter has been to other VB camps and said this was her favorite!
— LeeAnn H. Parent
July 13, 2018: Annie loved her coaches, they worked so hard the entire camp. Really appreciated the high quality of the staff at camp.
— Kristen G. Parent
July 13, 2018: All the coaches were excited and ready to go first thing! My daughter had fun, made friends, and really improved her serving skills!
— Samantha S. Parent
Had a blast!
August 11, 2017: She said she had a blast every day, Coaches were nice and gave her tips, they played games, and she got a workout! She told me she had fun every day when I picked her up.
— Tammy W. Parent
August 11, 2017: Juliana was excited to go each day and she the camp really helped her improve her skills. This is her favorite camp!
— Karina E. Parent
Can't wait for next summer!
August 15, 2016: This entire program is run so well and is very organized, I just wish we had even more days at camp! Can't wait to come back next summer!
— Jenny S. Camper
August 20, 2015: The staff was able to give individual pointers as well as group instruction. They were able to help my daughter pinpoint what she was doing wrong then help her correct it and be successful.
— Schlandria E. Parent
Now serving with confidence
August 18, 2015: Before camp, my daughter could not serve over the net. She is now able to serve with confidence!
— Michele B. Parent
Great first camp experience
August 17, 2015: This was my daughter's first experience with a volleyball camp outside of her school. She felt it was very professional. She loved the personal attention she received. This camp helped give her the confidence she needed.
— Tracy M. Parent