Nike Volleyball Camp San Antonio
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our top volleyball camps in Texas are geared towards girls, ages 8-16, of all skill levels, and provide a solid foundation on which they can continue to build upon after camp.
The 2019 volleyball camps in San Antonio will take place at the courts at St. Luke's Catholic School.
- Excellent training facilities and coaching staff
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- 4 hours of daily volleyball instruction
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Jessica Martinez
Jessica Martinez has a combined 12 years of coaching experience, coaching both club and high school level volleyball, and helping with summer camps. She has had the opportunity to work with all ages and positions.View Jessica's Bio ⟩
Martinez has extensive playing experience, playing high school ball at Harlingen High School South and club ball for RGV Juniors. After high school, she went on to play collegiate volleyball for two years on a full ride at Navarro College, a Division 1 JUCO in Corsicana, Tx. After she finished her two years at Navarro, she attended Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. While at TAMUCC she was on the 2011 spring ball team. After college she played in local and out of town volleyball tournaments with other ex volleyball players. In May 2013 received her Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with a minor in Public Relations from TAMUCC.
Director Lisa Lancaster
Lisa Lancaster has coached both club and high school level volleyball in Edinburg, Texas since 2013 and will now be lending her talents to Nike Volleyball Camps in both San Antonio and Youngsville!View Lisa's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
After a successful high school career in volleyball, basketball, track & field, and cross country, Lancaster turned her eye toward the physical education and coaching world. Lancaster received her degree in Kinesiology from Texas A&M International University in 2013 while playing volleyball for the Division II Texas A&M International Dustdevils.
Since graduating she has coached volleyball at Progreso High School, Lyford High School, LRD Elite Volleyball Club, and South Texas Juniors Volleyball Club.
This year, we are offering an AM Half Day Camp (8:00am-12:00pm) for ages 8-12 and a PM Half Day Camp (1:00pm-5:00pm) for ages 13-16. All camps are geared towards girls of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- January 2-4
- All campers will attend from 8:00AM-12:00PM for this session only
- June 24-27
- July 15-18
- July 29-August 1
All sessions are open to girls, ages 8-16, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
*Please note, the following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
Winter Session: January 2-4
- Daily Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 7:30am on Wednesday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Friday at 11:30am. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
Summer SESSIONs: June 24-27 | July 15-18 | July 29-Aug 1
Morning Session: Ages 8-12
- Daily Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 7:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 11:30am. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
Afternoon Session: Ages 13-16
- Daily Hours: 1:00-5:00pm
- Check-in: 12:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 4:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
St. Luke’s Catholic Church
4603 Manitou Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78228
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: AM Half Day Camp
- 8:00-8:15am Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 8:15-8:45am Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 8:45-9:15am Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 9:15-9:45am Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 9:45-10:15am Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 10:15am-11:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 11:00am-12:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE: PM Half Day Camp
- 1:00-1:15pm Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 1:15-1:45pm Instruction: Passing and Setting
- 1:45-2:15pm Instruction: Serve receive patterns (appropriate for skill level)
- 2:15-2:45pm Instruction: Serving and Serving Areas
- 2:45-3:15pm Instruction: Hitting Techniques
- 3:15-4:00pm Instruction: Defensive movement and placement on the court
- 4:00-5:00pm 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 5, 2018: This was our daughter's first sport camp so expectations were definitely limited but her enthusiasm for the sport were what we hoped for. Now we are looking to help her more so learn fundamentals for a first year team.
— Patrick V. Parent
August 3, 2018: I was very happy with this camp. My daughter had fun and came home excited to practice new skills. The director of the camp gave me lots of feedback regarding her progress and demonstrated serving techniques so I could help her later. We will definitely be back next year.
— Theresa L. Parent
July 25, 2018: The camp coaches provided a scaffolding approach which provided my child the opportunity to gain her confidence to learn the sport of volleyball. We wish camp was longer.
— Rosanne V. Parent
July 20, 2018: My child said you all broke down blocking for her to help her understand better. Thank you for that. She also learned some good tips on how to make her overhand serve better.
— Jana C. Parent
We enjoyed it!
July 6, 2018: Aaleyah has been playing volleyball since the age of 7. She wants to continue playing in college. The camp helped her tweek the fundamentals required to improve her playing skills. She also made a few met a few more "Sisters in Volleyball". She had an opportunity to talk to the instructors after the last session to ask what their degrees were in and how they were able to do what they do.It helped see her own potential. Thank you!!
— Aileen H. Parent
July 23, 2017: Brianna was able to enhance her volleyball skills and effectively execute them correctly. She really enjoyed being challenged in all areas. All coaches were awesome leaders. She enjoyed games and drills. As a parent, I enjoyed watching my the execution of all the awesome drills that were taught during camp. My daughter went home very tired but wanted to keep playing and practicing all the techniques that coaches taught that day. Wonderful camp! Awesome staff!
— Noemi G. Parent
July 20, 2017: The camp was all we hoped for and more. Sophie was pushed physically and was forced (thankfully) to learn the basics of the game and to work through fatigue. Couldn't be happier with this camp. The Director and all instructors are top notch!
— John G. Parent
Loved the drills
July 20, 2017: My daughter loved the drills especially diving and spiking. She spoke very highly of all the coaches!!!
— Cynthi G. Parent
Loved the amount of play!
July 4, 2017: Kate loved the amount of play in terms of scrimmaging/ hitting/ serving/ setting:)
— Erica C. Parent
June 30, 2017: She was constantly moving, learning and engaged. She was sore and tired everyday. Sophia said that this is her favorite camp, among many that she has done already. Well worth the money. Thank you and we are looking forward to next year.
— Stacey W. Parent
We will be back!
June 30, 2017: Both of my girls improved in their volleyball skills. The coaches worked well with the students and covered a lot of material each day. We will definitely be back next year.
— Monica B. Parent
Strongly recommend this camp!
June 29, 2017: The coaching staff were very focused on making sure all the camp participants were focused during game time, drills, etc. They made sure they all were having fun. I enjoyed how during a friendly game, the coach would stop "play" so she can teach a certain rule/techniques to the campers. I strongly recommend this camp to anyone who is beginning to learn the sport or wants to improve. The coaching staff is very patient, friendly and knowledgeable.
— Jaime C. Parent
June 29, 2017: Our daughter had been down about her skills, but the camp brought back her passion!
— Micheal C. Parent
Excellent camp experience
July 18, 2016: My daughter had an excellent camp experience. Quality instruction and lots of repetition was key for my daughter who had never played before
— Joel H. Parent
Excellent training and safe environment
June 20, 2016: I highly recommend this camp to all girls interested in volleyball! I think it would be fine for a beginner who has strong interest in volleyball and isn't afraid to sweat! This was my 10 y/o daughter's 1st time at Nike, and we both loved it! Excellent instructors and excellent training in all aspects of volleyball! Safe environment and as a parent, I felt very comfortable leaving my daughter there to go run a few errands. Otherwise, I enjoyed staying the 1st hour and returning 30+ minutes early so I could watch. This camp exceeded my expectations and I am very thankful my daughter had the opportunity to attend. THANK YOU NIKE!
— Tiffany S. Parent
June 30, 2015: Well organized, outstanding director & staff, excellent instruction, positive atmosphere, nice gym & fun!
June 28, 2015: This camp is a very good camp for beginner and intermediate players who want more touches on the ball and more practice.
The camp allows girls with athletic abilities to compete against older girls. That really brought out the competitor of our daughter and we love that!
— Parent '14
My daughter seemed to learn a lot in a very short time which was wonderful. She was exhausted but felt she really got better in a short time.
— Parent '14
Will be back next year
It starts off with the quote of the day, then builds to individual instruction and technique. Active the entire practice with excellent coaching. You can feel the love and passion of the game from the excellent coaching staff. We will be back next year.
— Parent '14