Nike Volleyball Camp at the Lovett School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Come take your skills to the next level and train with Nike Volleyball Camps Director, Mason Sutherland, at our summer volleyball camp in Atlanta for girls, ages 10-15! Players of all abilities will have the opportunity to develop their techniques and skills through various drills, position work, and live gameplay.
This girls volleyball camp in Georgia will help volleyball players prepare for their upcoming season and gain confidence in the sport they love! Come train alongside other athletes who share your passion for the sport.
- Excellent training facilities
- Lunch is provided
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mason Sutherland
Mason Sutherland is the Head Volleyball Coach at The Lovett School.View Mason's Bio ⟩
Mason joined the Lovett Admission and Communications teams in 2021 after spending time at Oldfields School in Sparks Glencoe, Maryland. Mason has been a part of the Atlanta independent school world since she was five years old, and began her own journey through the thirteen year experience an independent school can provide. After graduating from Davidson College with a BS in Psychology and Communication Students, she moved to England to complete her MSc in Developmental Psychopathology at Durham University. Mason competed on the Division I Varsity Volleyball team for four years at Davidson as a six rotation setter and rightside hitter. She served as a court captain for three years, and a team captain for two years. After Davidson, she continued playing volleyball professionally in England, while completing her Masters degree. At Lovett, Mason is also the head volleyball coach, overseeing all Middle and Upper School teams within the program.
What is your favorite thing about your job at Lovett?
From spending time in the classroom learning alongside our students, to showing families what makes these hallways, buildings, athletic spaces, and performing stages so special, the Lovett community is an inclusive welcoming space for those who have been here for years or only a few hours. The community that exists within and beyond this campus is what I love about working at Lovett.
How do you like to spend time outside of work?
Outside of work, I love to spend time outside with my dog (Rabun), family, or friends. You can find me on walks, runs, hikes, or at the lake soaking up the sunshine! If I’m not outside, I’m probably finding a new flavor or brand of ice cream to try.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-15*
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time outside of the Murray Athletic Center. Parents stay in their cars and only the camper will get out for check-in. Please do not arrive prior to 8:30am and please do not get out of your car when dropping off your camper per Lovett School's request.
- Lunch: Lunch is provided.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards girls, ages 10-15*, of all skill levels. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
*Incoming Freshmen who have been admitted to The Lovett School are not permitted to attend camp per Georgia State rules.
THE LOVETT SCHOOL EXTENDED CARE (SUMMER CAMPS ONLY)
- Breakfast Bunch (Pre-Care): 7:30 am-9:00am
- Details: Be an early bird! Join your friends for breakfast for all campers who arrive by 8:30 am. Play with a variety of board games, computer games, and enjoy free play on the playground. At 8:45am, counselors will accompany you to your registered camp. Sign up here; https:/rb.gy/phs8zi
- Jungle Gym (After-Care): 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Details: Need extra time for pickup after the camp day? Join us for organized activities, such as arts and crafts, cooking, and sports and games. Sign up here; https:/rb.gy/qo9lj1
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is provided.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Players are group by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor Courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
DIRECTORS NOTE TO CAMPERS
"We are excited to welcome your daughter to Nike Volleyball Camp at Lovett this summer! My name is Mason Sutherland, and I am excited to help you advance your skills and your overall play during this camp. I can remember starting to play volleyball around your age, and now appreciate the way that repetition, repetition, repetition can help your skillset advance in the strongest way. This is the reason that I enjoy directing this camp. You will be exposed to great players and coaches throughout this week of camp. Each coach will work with you like our players are coached, here, at Lovett. We will focus on teamwork, skills, and different forms of play. We will work on perfecting our skills in the morning and early afternoon sessions and end with different games that incorporate these skills into play. We hope you'll join us!" -Mason Sutherland
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS DAY CAMP SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-12:30pm Training Session I
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Campers depart
The Lovett School is located on 100 acres on the banks of the Chattahoochee River in northwest Atlanta, Georgia. Campers will utilize the indoor courts on campus.
July 24, 2022: The joy I saw in my daughter's face at drop-off when she was greeted by her camp counselor and then at the end of the day during pick-up when she couldn't wait to tell me all the exciting things she had learned that day. Each day was something new, and exciting prizes to play for on different teams. She met so many new friends and now she wants to go to Lovett she enjoyed the campus so much. Oh dear!
June 24, 2022: My daughter learned a lot of new skills. She was able to advance to a higher age level to keep improving. Lunch being provided daily was also a bonus.
June 25, 2022: My daughter LOVED camp. She has never played volleyball before and she learned so much. She earned camper of the week and loved the tournament!
June 23, 2023: Mason was so quick to respond and so attentive. We had to pick my daughter up earlier couple of times and Mason was on top of it.
June 23, 2023: the camp director being highly qualified, present and active my daughter's experience.
June 23, 2023: learning techniques from various coaches and meeting a diverse group of athletes.
June 23, 2023: My daughters happiness and increase in her skill level
Connor loved all aspects of the camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.