Nike Volleyball Camp at University of La Verne
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join us at our fall volleyball camp in California at the University of La Verne! This 2023 college volleyball camp for girls, ages 14-18, is designed to take campers' skills to the next level through instruction by Head Volleyball Coach, Jeff Hendershot, and his dedicated coaching staff.
Players will the opportunity to train alongside other athletes, gain confidence on the court, and learn new skills to help unleash their potential. We encourage volleyball players from Southern California and beyond to come compete and create fun camp memories!
- Spirit Days! (Summer camps only)
- Instruction from elite coaches
- Morning training session
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jeff Hendershot
Jeff Hendershot is the Head Volleyball Coach at the University of La Verne.View Jeff's Bio ⟩
Jeff Hendershot was named the University of La Verne Head Volleyball Coach in the spring of 2020 after spending a season as the Leopards' interim head coach. The 2020 season will be Hendershot's ninth season overall with the Leopards. He was promoted to associate head coach in 2017 after serving as the first assistant coach the prior six years.
Hendershot is a valued member of the Leopard coaching staff and was a part of La Verne's NCAA Championship run in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
Hendershot spent the 2013-2014 season as the first assistant coach for the NCAA Division I University of the Pacific's men's team, for the program's final year of sponsorship. Prior to 2010, Hendershot played collegiately at the University of the Pacific, where he was a four-year letter winner. As a senior, he started in 20 matches and led the Tiger volleyball squad in kills with 256.
An alumnus of Claremont High School, Hendershot was a three-year letter winner with the Wolfpack. He also currently serves as the Co-Director at Pacific Volleyball Club in Claremont, Calif.
Assistant Coach Randi Taylor-Toomay
Randi Taylor-Toomay is the Assistant Coach at the University of La VerneView Randi's Bio ⟩
Randi Taylor-Toomay '13 returns to the University of La Verne and enters her first season as an assistant coach in 2019.
Taylor-Toomay had a decorated career with the Leopards, earning AVCA All-American and All-West Region honors as well as First Team All-SCIAC recognition her senior season. In 2012 she finished the season ranked sixth nationally in kills per set. Taylor-Toomay helped lead the Leopards to an NCAA Sweet 16 berth in 2009 and a NCAA West Region semifinals appearance in 2009. She ranks fifth all-time in kills at La Verne with 1,271. In 2009 she was a gold medalist at the 18 open and a USAV Junior National Qualifier.
Taylor-Toomay led the Diamond Ranch High School girl's varsity volleyball team from 2013-18 and the boy's varsity team from 2015-17 accumulating an overall winning percentage of .736. After taking over a 3-21 squad, Taylor-Toomay led the girl's team to a massive turnaround, finishing the season with a 12-12 record. She led the Panthers to a Hacienda League Championship in 2015 and second place finishes in 2014, 2016, and 2018. She saw 26 of her athletes earn First Team All-Hacienda League honors. Her squads earned five CIF Playoff appearances in six seasons.
She earned both her bachelor's degree in liberal studies and a master's in education from the University of La Verne. She has worked as a physical education teacher at Diamond Ranch since 2014 and as an adjunct instructor at the University of La Verne since 2019.
Assistant Coach Mario Meza
Mario Meza is the Assistant Coach at the University of La Verne.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please note: Camp sessions SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
2024 FALL OVERVIEW
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 14-18/grades 9-12
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Half Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to camp start time at Sports Science and Athletic Pavilion
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: The Advanced College Prep Clinic is for the advanced, highly skilled, serious-minded 9-12th grade (including the graduating senior) high school athlete. This clinic is designed to teach the athlete what is required both physically and mentally to play in college. Participants will take part in volleyball practice, participate in a classroom session, and be part of the daily activities mirroring a collegiate volleyball experience.
Prior experience as a varsity starter is strongly recommended.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning training session
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
- Extra Activities: Spirit Days (Summer camps only)
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
DIRECTOR'S NOTE TO CAMPERS
"Join our summer volleyball camp in La Verne designed for players to take their skills to the next level! Campers of all abilities will receive elite-level curriculum designed by University of La Verne Head Volleyball Coach, Jeff Hendershot and his dedicated coaching staff. This boys and girls volleyball camp welcomes players to join this fun and train with other players with the same love for the game. Campers will leave this camp with more confidence on and off the court and feeling prepared for the upcoming season. Campers will have the opportunity to learn the same fundamentals and training techniques currently used by the La Verne Volleyball team to help improve their overall game. We would love to have your support at the camps and are looking forward to getting in the gym with each of you!" -Jeff Hendershot
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00pm Campers depart
Campers will utilize the courts at the University of La Verne!
July 27, 2023: My daughter self confidence is at an all time high and grew so much. She spoke so highly of the coaches and valued their leadership. Very impressed overall
August 6, 2023: My child loved working with coaches(players) from the University of La Verne team. I really appreciated the detailed communication from camp leadership.
July 27, 2023: The giveaways and theme days. The girls who made it a point to interact with the kids and make them feel special.
July 27, 2023: My daughter loved the experience. She was very happy with the skills being taught, and she feels she improved.
August 1, 2023: College level coaches instructing my daughter to push herself further in a positive way.
April 18, 2023: Being able to explore the sport, learn and practice new skills
July 27, 2023: Training, improvement of skill and the fun filled activities
April 18, 2023: Seeing my daughter get excited and learn more skills
June 24, 2023: My daughter gained confidence in volleyball skills.
April 18, 2023: My daughter enjoyed the whole experience.
June 24, 2023: My child's smile after camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.