Nike Volleyball Camp at the University of Mary Washington
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 Virginia volleyball camp in Fredericksburg offers girls of all ability levels the opportunity to improve their skills and take their game to the next level.
With programs for everyone from beginners to club and high school level players, our summer camp at University of Mary Washington is fun and informative. This camp is open to girls, ages 8-18, with Overnight and Day Camp options available.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:8 staff to camper ratio
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Emma Olson
Emma Olson is the Interim Head Coach at University of Mary Washington and previously served as Assistant Coach for the 2018 season. Olson is the first All-American in UMW program history, and one of only two.View Emma's Bio ⟩
Olson returns as Interim Head Coach after serving as head coach for the U-14 Virginia Juniors Volleyball Club in Centreville, Va. She also served as an assistant for the U-17 team.
She also served one season as assistant at Briar Woods High School, and served two years as an assistant with Fredericksburg Juniors Volleyball Club.
As a player, Olson led the Eagles to the 2016 NCAA Tournament quarterfinals, their furthest advancement in program history, as one of two seniors on a team that finished 31-4 on the season, and claimed the CAC Championship. She ranks second all-time in school history in assists, with 1228 during her four-year all-conference career.
She is also currently a head coach at CORE Volleyball Club in Fredericksburg.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls of all ability levels. Campers can choose between All Skills (ages 8-16) or Advanced (ages 13-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 28-30
- July 18-20
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards girls, ages 8-16, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players, ages 13-18, with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
Session I: June 28-30 All Skills/Advanced
- Check-in: 2:00-3:00pm on Friday.
- Check-out: Final games will take place at the Anderson Center from 1:00-3:00pm, and graduation takes place at 3:00pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Friday: 2:00-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-3:00pm
SESSION II: July 18-20 All Skills/Advanced
- Check-in: 2:00-3:00pm on Thursday.
- Check-out: Final games will take place at the Anderson Center from 1:00-3:00pm, and graduation takes place at 3:00pm on Saturday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 2:00-9:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-3:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts at the Anderson Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room/4 per suite
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Within each suite
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
Camp training takes place in The Anderson Center, which is the home of the Eagle Varsity Volleyball and Basketball programs as well as a venue for other programming.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 13, 2018: Our daughter got to experience the setter position for her first time, loved it, and taught very well in that position!
— Kristine M. Parent
July 9, 2018: Laila LOVED camp this year! She enjoyed the training and the staff were very helpful and fun. Thanks we really enjoyed this year!
— Kristine M. Parent
July 9, 2018: I loved watching the coaches play and demonstrate how things are meant to be done, meeting new people, and the encouragement from everyone to do better and the knowledge that everyone was supported.
— Madeline T. Camper
July 26, 2017: This was the first sleep away camp and my daughter had the best experience. She met new friends and learned a lot! She wished it was longer and cant wait till next summer. She loved everything about the camp.
— Lindsay T. Parent
July 26, 2017: She had a great time on the court, improved her skills, and was coached by encouraging and knowledgeable staff.
— Christine H. Parent
Loved meeting other skilled players!
July 24, 2017: Getting great tips for real players and meeting other skilled players.
— Michele O. Parent
increased her confidence!
July 24, 2017: This camp increased her confidence on the court, and now feels like she's ready to take on new levels in the game.
— Kristine M. Parent
Learned a jump serve!
July 24, 2017: A highlight was learning jump serve and tournament at the end. I wish camp was longer!
— Taylor B. Camper
In the few days I was at camp, I witnessed so much more. The bond between coaches and players, and the desire to teach others of all ages the love of volleyball was paramount. I've been to camps and prospect days at other colleges, this was different. That last day, competing with the younger players and watching the games filled my heart with joy. So many smiles, and players helping one another was inspiring.
— Brianna S. Parent '17
Prepare for tryouts
Fantastic volleyball camp experience for my daughter It was positive and very helpful giving my daughter the confidence to try-out for her high school team as a 9th grader Thanks so much for running a super program
— Parent '15
The amount of instruction was excellent, although it was tough the extra push the coaches and staff gave encouraged me to want to do more.
— Camper '15
Looking forward to next year
This was my daughter's first sleep over camp and she was nervous at first. Her camp counselor made sure she feel comfortable. She is looking forward to going back next year! She met several girls from around the Virginia area. It was a great experience!
— Parent '15
Stellar coaching staff
This camp was my daughters first volleyball camp after starting the sport the previous year. The entire process from check in to pick up was flawless and well done. The coaching staff was stellar and recognized the girls of all skill levels and ages equally. My daughter not only learned valuable tips and skills to help her excel in the sport, but made many new friends from the camp. I would recommend this camp to anyone who's daughter is interested in volleyball and playing at a higher level. Thank you very much for her awesome experience - we'll be back next year.
— Parent '14
My coach provided an encouraging environment and really focused on skill building. I can't wait to come back next year and continue my development in volleyball.
— Camper '14
This was an excellent away from home experience in a controlled, well staffed and organized environment. They seem to have scheduled every minute of the day that they could with instruction and breaks. My daughter had a great time, learned a lot and now wants to play volleyball for UMW. I was a little leery when I signed her up because, for our budget, it was rather pricey but I think it was an excellent value for the money. I will send her back next year for the advanced camp.
— Parent '14
This camp was a lot of fun. The coaches taught well and made the focus of the camp improving while putting you in game type situations.
— Camper '13
The coaches improved skills, kept the group size low for more personalized instruction, identified and grouped kids by level of play rather than by age.
— Parent '13