Nike Volleyball Camp University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join University of Maryland Eastern Shore Volleyball Coach, Vaness Faircloth, for competitive drills and live gameplay to help fine-tune your fundamentals this summer! Campers will improve their skills, increase their sport knowledge, and enjoy a fun camp experience.
Our All Skills Camp is geared toward girls, ages 10-18, of all skill levels who are looking to unleash their potential. Campers will leave camp feeling more prepared for the upcoming season and feel more confident on and off the court!
- Excellent residential, dining, training facilities, and guest speakers
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions with a DI collegiate coaching staff and players!
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Evening Activities
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Vanessa Faircloth
Vanessa Faircloth is the Women's Head Volleyball Coach at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.View Vanessa's Bio ⟩
Vanessa Faircloth has served as the head volleyball coach at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore since June of 2023.
Faircloth comes to UMES after spending the last two seasons as the head coach at Chowan University.
Inheriting a program that recorded six wins over a span of two seasons, Faircloth coached Chowan to eight wins in her first season with five coming in Conference Carolinas play while developing an improved defensive unit. Libero Natalia Vega-Aponte broke the school's single-season digs record with 654 digs, leading to a Conference Carolinas Second Team selection. As a team, Chowan finished the 2021 season with the second most digs in program history (2078), while notching the most digs per set (19.79) in program history.
In 2022, Faircloth continued to improve on Chowan's win total with 10 victories overall and six wins in the conference. Chowan swept Barton for the first time in program history in their three meetings which included a win in the opening round of the Conference Carolinas Championship marking the first time Chowan advanced in the tournament. Faircloth recruited and coached Diana Rodriguez, who went on to earn Conference Carolinas Freshman of the Year honors and Second Team All-Conference. Rodriguez led the conference in digs (634) and digs per set (6.47).
Prior to coaching at Chowan, Faircloth coached at Elizabeth City State University. During the 2018 season, Faircloth led the Vikings to their first CIAA Volleyball tournament berth since 2014. In 2019, the Vikings posted nine wins, including six conference wins to finish third in the Northern Division while earning another birth in the conference tournament.
During her time with the Vikings, Faircloth improved win totals each season while increasing team production in nearly every statistical category. Faircloth took the Vikings from the bottom third of the CIAA in kills, assists, digs, blocks, and service aces to the middle or top third of the league in each category with the most dramatic improvement of a No. 11 ranking in blocks (1.03 per game) to No. 2 (1.76 per game).
Prior to Faircloth's collegiate coaching experience, she spent four years as the recruiting coordinator and coach of the Southeast Regional Volleyball club in Chesapeake, Virginia serving as the coach for the 18u girls and 18u boys teams for the SERV program. Faircloth also spent time as the Regional Youth Development Director for Eastern Sports Management in Virginia Beach.
Faircloth spent two seasons as the varsity boys volleyball coach at Oscar Smith High School in Chesapeake, taking the program to the state semifinals in 2017 while earning 6A Region Coach of the Year honors. Faircloth also coached the Crestwood Middle School girls program, where she was named the school's Coach of the Year during the 2016 season.
Originally from Lumberton, North Carolina, Faircloth started her collegiate playing career at Virginia Intermont College, where she ranked second in the conference in total blocks and blocks per set. Faircloth wrapped up her career at Norfolk State University where she recorded 226 kills, 27 service aces, and 77 total blocks in two seasons with the Spartans.
Faircloth graduated from NSU with her bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematical Science in 2015. She is an active member of the American Volleyball Coaches Association. Faircloth becomes the eighth head coach in UMES women's volleyball history.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: This camp SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight (Ages 12-18), Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: 11:00am-1:00pm on Tuesday at the University Terrace Dorms
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Friday. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Schedule: Tuesday: 1:00pm-8:00pm, Wednesday-Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
*Extended Day Campers will check in each morning at Hytche Athletic Center and will be dismissed at night from the dorm building
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: University Terrace Dorms
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Depends on dorm assignment
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic training clothes (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Director's Note to Campers
Welcome to the 2023 Nike Volleyball Camp at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore! Are you hoping to hone in your skills for high school tryouts? Do you want to learn what it takes to train at a college level? Or are you looking for an introduction to the game? Well, this is the place for you! College Camp experiences like this are invaluable to athletes of all levels. Your young athletes will get to bond with people from around the country (sounds like college eh parents?) while learning skills in the sport we all love.
At the University of Maryland Eastern Shore we use the latest technology to help foster a learning environment. We use tools such as slow motion video analysis to help fine tune technique on serving, VERT jump monitors to help athletes understand their physical measurements through a practice and set goals for improvement, and speed radar guns to help athletes know how hard they’re hitting their serves or attacks. Our goal here at the Eastern Shore is to help our college athletes prepare for the next stages of life, whether that’s pro volleyball after college and or the professional world. We would like the opportunity to help your athletes do the same. Our camp focuses on learning about volleyball, life, and how to better yourself - all while enjoying the process. We look forward to this camp every year, but particularly this year where we all need a chance to connect, learn, and bond with our community. - Trevor Callarman
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up & shower
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
University of Maryland Eastern Shore, located on 1,100 acres in Princess Anne, Maryland, United States, is part of the University System of Maryland.
July 18, 2022: My daughter loved all of the on-court sessions. She said that she was always surprised that time had gone so fast.
August 10, 2022: My girls took third in the end of camp tournament and significantly improved their skills.
July 16, 2023: My daughter enjoyed meeting new friends and playing.
Couldn't say enough good things.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.