Nike Volleyball Camp University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join University of Maryland Eastern Shore Volleyball Coach, Heather Feldman, for competitive drills and live gameplay to help fine-tune your fundamentals this summer! Campers will improve their skills, increase their sport knowledge, and enjoy a fun camp experience.
Our All Skills Camp is geared toward girls, ages 10-18, of all skill levels who are looking to unleash their potential. Campers will leave camp feeling more prepared for the upcoming season and feel more confident on and off the court!
- Excellent residential, dining, training facilities, and guest speakers
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions with a DI collegiate coaching staff and players!
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Evening Activities
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Heather Feldman
Heather Feldman is the Women's Assistant Volleyball Coach at University of Maryland Eastern Shore.View Heather's Bio ⟩
Heather Feldman is in her first season as Associate Head Coach with the Hawks after serving four seasons as the Hawks' assistant volleyball coach, receiving the title in July 2022.
As Associate Head Coach, Feldman works with Head Coach Trevor Callarman in logistics, recruiting and training. While working with all aspects of the program, Feldman — a setter in college — can provide meaningful guidance to setters.
She arrived on The Shore in September 2018, and immediately went to work to help guide the Hawks to 10 victories and a second place finish in the MEAC North. Her contributions led to four All-MEAC selections, including junior Ivana Blazevic who made second team as a setter.
A native of Eden, New York, just outside Buffalo, Feldman comes to The Shore from Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. She was a four-year setter for the Runnin’ Bulldogs as an undergrad and worked as a graduate assistant beginning in January 2016.
With 4,545 assists, Feldman ranks second all-time in Runnin’ Bulldogs history. Her career also includes 1,112 digs, 314 kills, 149 blocks and 92 service aces. The 314 kills came with a .316 attack percentage - the highest-ever for a Gardner-Webb player. The team made the Big South tournament three years out of four during her career.
Feldman’s play on the court earned her a North Carolina Collegiate Sports Information Association (NCCSIA) All-State selection and a Big South Conference All-Freshman selection in 2011. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with a bachelors’ in music and completed a master’s in business administration in August of this year.
Her academic accolades were recognized with two placements on the Capital One Academic All-District Team and three placements on the Big South All-Academic Team.
As a graduate assistant, Feldman assisted coach Leo Sayles in several aspects of the program, including practices, team travel, study hall and managerial support staff.
When her volleyball playing career finished, she faced and beat her toughest opponent, defeating Stage 3 Non-Hodgkins lymphoma after being diagnosed in 2016. Feldman has also worked with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as an event coordinator, marketing and managing a “Dig Lime” charity fundraiser.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please note: Last year, this camp SOLD OUT at this location. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 11-14
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight (Ages 12-18), Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: 11:00am-1:0pm on Tuesday at the Dorms (TBD)
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Friday. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Schedule: Tuesday: 1:00pm-8:00pm, Wednesday-Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
*Extended Day Campers will check in each morning at Hytche Athletic Center and will be dismissed at night from the dorm building
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Depends on dorm assignment
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: TBA
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic training clothes (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Director's Note to Campers
Welcome to the 2023 Nike Volleyball Camp at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore! Are you hoping to hone in your skills for high school tryouts? Do you want to learn what it takes to train at a college level? Or are you looking for an introduction to the game? Well, this is the place for you! College Camp experiences like this are invaluable to athletes of all levels. Your young athletes will get to bond with people from around the country (sounds like college eh parents?) while learning skills in the sport we all love.
At the University of Maryland Eastern Shore we use the latest technology to help foster a learning environment. We use tools such as slow motion video analysis to help fine tune technique on serving, VERT jump monitors to help athletes understand their physical measurements through a practice and set goals for improvement, and speed radar guns to help athletes know how hard they’re hitting their serves or attacks. Our goal here at the Eastern Shore is to help our college athletes prepare for the next stages of life, whether that’s pro volleyball after college and or the professional world. We would like the opportunity to help your athletes do the same. Our camp focuses on learning about volleyball, life, and how to better yourself - all while enjoying the process. We look forward to this camp every year, but particularly this year where we all need a chance to connect, learn, and bond with our community. - Trevor Callarman
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up & shower
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
University of Maryland Eastern Shore, located on 1,100 acres in Princess Anne, Maryland, United States, is part of the University System of Maryland.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
The instructon given by the coaches was clear and precise and aided in the growth of her volleyball skills.
July 12, 2021: As a high-school senior, the opportunity to experience the college student athlete schedule and structure was very insightful and helpful for preparing her for the future. The instructon given by the coaches was clear and precise and aided in the growth of her volleyball skills.
— Dom T
Jade has been trying to build her leg strength for Libero and this camp made sure she got that.
July 23,2021: Jade was extremely happy with the way the camp was conducted. She always seems to fit in relatively easy, and the players and coaches made that even easier. Jade has been trying to build her leg strength for Libero and this camp made sure she got that. Thank you!
— Melissa P.
Kendra's confidence for her hitting has gone through the roof after attending this camp.
July 23, 2021; Kendra had a great experience as she learned alot about the game of volleyball. Coach Callarman and his staff were great with the campers. They were very kind and helpful and very knowledgeable of the game. Kendra's confidence for her hitting has gone through the roof after attending this camp. Great Job to the Nike Camp at University of Maryland Eastern Shore my middle child will be attending this camp next year and my youngest child will in the future.
— Kenrick W.
Loved the coaches
July 30, 2019: Madison had a great time at Volleyball camp. Her skills improved immensely. There were plenty of other activities planned to keep her busy. She was not home sick at all as all the adult staff were wonderful and helpful. It was also nice that we were able to do a roommate request and she was able to room with her best friend.
— Lisa B. Parent
This was a blast!
July 30, 2019: I had more fun doing the lip sync battle then I thought we would. I liked the warm-up games we did before starting our sessions. But the tournament on the last was the best highlight, because that was when me and my teammates worked best together!
— Keera B. Camper
July 15, 2019: She loved being able to be coached by the staff and getting feedback so that Yaz could improve and work on her skills.
— Guy S. Parent
She worked hard the entire time!
July 15, 2019: My daughter loved the experience! She really enjoyed how everyone came together as one. She liked the sessions/training even when she was exhausted. She said she learned so much and understands what she really needs to work on.
— Dee H. Parent
Learned new skills
July 16, 2018: My daughter's highlights were playing with other players and learning new skills.
— Alisha W. Parent
July 26, 2017: Her dorm master and coach was very involved and focused initially on helping all to get comfortable with each other in order to learn easily. Very impressed!! She also said the food was amazing!! A good variety and plenty of it!
— Tina W. Parent
Learned a lot!
July, 21, 2017: A highlight for my daughter was that she learned how to dive correctly! Learned a lot!
— Adrienne S. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.