Nike Volleyball Camp University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camp in Maryland provides a fantastic opportunity for players of all abilities to improve their skills and master the fundamentals over the summer.
Join head Coach Trevor Callarman this summer at our youth camp outside of Salisbury. This overnight and day camp program is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all skill levels. Campers will gain valuable volleyball experience and have fun!
- Excellent residential, dining, training facilities, and guest speakers
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Bowling and movie nights
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Coach Trevor Callarman
Trevor Callarman has been named head coach for the Maryland Eastern Shore Volleyball team through 2019. An assistant for the 2017 season, Callarman ascends to the position after serving in an interim capacity following the departure of Toby Rens in January.View Trevor's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
"We are very happy that Trevor is taking the reins of the volleyball program." Director of Athletics Keith Davidson said. "Over the summer, he has become the leader of this team, and we are confident he can continue to deliver the great results that our volleyball program has historically achieved."
Callarman arrives on Delmarva from Austin, Texas, where he was a presence in the local volleyball scene there. His main endeavor has been with the Austin Performance Volleyball team as a head coach and director of beach programs. The teams he coached regularly placed in the top 25 among AAU contenders, and Callarman was responsible for training and conditioning players as well as coaching.
Collegiately he has held jobs on both the varsity and club circuits. He has worked as a volunteer assist for the Texas State Bobcats in San Marcos, assisting the overall coaching and development for the team, which competes in Division I out of the Sun Belt. Callarman also was the head coach of the University of Texas Men’s Club Team, helping the Longhorns to a pair of fifth place finishes in the SIVA Championships.
As a player, Callarman was a Junior Olympics qualifier for volleyball and continued to play for the USAV Men’s National Team for four years, before moving on to star on the Texas State Men’s Club Volleyball Team for two seasons. Callarman graduated from Texas State with a degree in political science.
Volleyball Tips by Trevor:
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 11-14
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 11-14
- Check-in: 11:00am-12:00pm on Thursday at the Office of Residence Life
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 1:00pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 12:00pm-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-1:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: On each floor
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airports to campus are Salisbury-Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up & shower
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
University of Maryland Eastern Shore, located on 1,100 acres in Princess Anne, Maryland, United States, is part of the University System of Maryland.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Learned new skills
July 16, 2018: My daughter's highlights were playing with other players and learning new skills.
— Alisha W. Parent
July 26, 2017: Her dorm master and coach was very involved and focused initially on helping all to get comfortable with each other in order to learn easily. Very impressed!! She also said the food was amazing!! A good variety and plenty of it!
— Tina W. Parent
Learned a lot!
July, 21, 2017: A highlight for my daughter was that she learned how to dive correctly! Learned a lot!
— Adrienne S. Parent