Nike Volleyball Camp at University of Utah
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Campers of all abilities are encouraged to join our summer volleyball camp in Salt Lake City at the University of Utah! Our Utah volleyball camp is designed for girls, ages 10-17, looking to improve their skills and compete against other athletes who share the same love for the game.
This college volleyball camp provides athletes the opportunity to master their fundamentals under an elite coaching staff through a mix of drills, games and competitive play. Come hone in on your skills and leave camp with more confidence on and off the court.
- Excellent training facilities
- Instruction from elite coaches
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 Coach to Camper ratio
- Nike Sports Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Treva Mcune
Treva Mcune has been coaching and directing junior clubs for the past 25 years winning a number of championships.View Treva's Bio ⟩
Treva McUne is a former NJCAA national champion with the College of Southern Idaho and has continued playing for Boise State University. After marrying, she moved to Cache Valley where she has spent time as a head high school coach for both Logan high school and Preston high school as well as coaching Sky View high school boys team. She is currently the Utah State Men's coach where her team has been top 30 in the NCVF D1 the past 3 years. She's been coaching and directing junior clubs for the past 25 years winning a number of championships.
Camp Director Ross Duncan
Ross Duncan is in his thirteenth year as camp director at Nike Sports Camps. Ross is a former WTA coach and D1 tennis coach. He currently works with top volleyball directors across the country to run Nike Volleyball Camps.View Ross's Bio ⟩
Ross Duncan was the #1 junior tennis player from South Africa before coming to the U.S. on a full ride tennis scholarship to Pepperdine University. After studying sports management and graduating, he played professional tennis earning ATP points in both singles and doubles. Ross then went on to coach as the Interim Head Coach at UC Santa Barbara and the Associate Head Coach at the University of Oregon. In addition, he also coached professionally on the WTA tour (top 30 player in the world).
Currently Ross is ranked #1 in the nation in the Men’s 35 Singles Division and has back to back National Hard Court Championships in singles. He represented Team USA as the #1 singles player in the World Championship. Ross is currently ranked #9 in the world. In addition, Ross owns Peak Performance Tennis and is the director of the Tennis Division for Norton Sports Management. As a Tennis Agent he is responsible for managing,coaching, and directing the professional tennis career of its clients. Ross has been the director of Nike tennis camp programs in both California and Oregon during the last ten years.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join the Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-17
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-In: 9:00am at the George S Eccles Student Life Center, Recreation Center gym
- Check-Out: Closing ceremony is at 2:45pm on the last day. Parents are invited to attend! Departure will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions.
- Day Campers: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a sack lunch.
- Supervision: Participants are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Sports Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Day Campers depart
The University of Utah is located on the east bench of the Salt Lake Valley, close to Wasatch range and approx. 2 miles east of downtown Salt Lake City.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
July 30, 2023: My daughter was lit up by the experience every day. She is so excited about volleyball because of this experience.
I learned how to shoot from the three point line.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.