Nike Volleyball Camp at University of Utah
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Train, compete, and improve your game at our 2019 volleyball camp in Salt Lake City this summer. This girls volleyball camp in Utah offers players of all ability levels the opportunity to improve their skills and have lots of fun!
This camp taking place at the University of Utah offers the finest facilities and superior instruction, teaching campers everything from hitting, to setting, to serving, and more! Come hone in on your skills, and leave camp with the confidence and passion to enjoy volleyball for a lifetime.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Day Camp and Overnight Camp programs available
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephanie Jones-Morin
Stephanie Jones-Morin has recently been named the Interim Head Volleyball Coach at Westminster College, in Salt Lake City after serving three years as the Assistant Volleyball Coach.View Stephanie's Bio ⟩
Previous to her transition to collegiate coaching, Jones-Morin worked as the Head Varsity Coach at Juan Diego Catholic High School for three years, as well as coaching club in the Intermountain Region and camps across the country for USA Volleyball and Gold Medal Squared.
Jones-Morin was a four-year starter at Westminster College, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s in Marketing in 2013. She completed a Master’s in Sport and Exercise Psychology from the University of Utah in 2018, and has since founded Agile Mind Performance, a performance psychology consulting business that works with teams, athletes, and performers on mental skills training.
As a student athlete, Jones-Morin was honored with the Champions of Character: Five Star Conference Award in 2012 and received 4-time Academic All-Frontier Conference and 3-time Daktronics/NAIA Scholar Athlete awards. While coaching at Juan Diego, she received the American Volleyball Coaches Association Coaches 4 Coaches Scholarship, and holds USA Volleyball CAP and BCAP Certifications.
This year we are offering Overnight, Day (9:00am-5:00pm), and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 10-17, of all ability levels. Both sessions will offer an All Skills training program, and Session II will also offer a Position Speciality program. Click "See More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 25-27 (All Skills)
- July 28-Aug 1 (All Skills + Position Specialty)
All sessions are open to girls, ages 10-17, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards players of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards players of all skill levels wanting to hone their skills in a specific position. Campers choose one position to focus on for this portion of camp and receive specialized training on the latest techniques. Options Include: Setter, Hitter, and Libero.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
Session I: JULY 25-27 (All Skills)
- Session I is a 2 night/3 day camp focusing on the All Skills camp program.
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00pm on Thursday at the dorms
- Day campers stay until 5:00pm on Thursday
- Extended day campers stay until 9:00pm on Thursday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 4:00pm in front of the dorms on Saturday. Parents are invited to attend.
- Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 1:00pm-5:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 1:00pm-9:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm
SESSION II: JULY 28- Aug 1 (All Skills & Position Specialty)
- Session II is a 3 night/4 day camp offering the same 2 night/3 day All Skills camp program as Session I followed by an extra night and day of the Position Specialty program.
- Check-in: 4:00-5:00pm on Sunday at the dorms
- Day campers stay until 5:30pm on Sunday
- Extended day campers stay until 9:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:00am in front of the dorms on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 4:00-5:30pm, Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am-5:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-11:00am
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 4:00-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-11:000m
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a sack lunch or they may purchase a meal card for lunch on campus.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
- Extra Activities: Camp director will provide additional information at orientation.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts and outdoor sand court
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2-3 per room, suite style
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Connecting bathroom between two rooms.
- Linens: No. Bring sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Yes
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Day Campers depart
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Activities
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
The University of Utah is located on the east bench of the Salt Lake Valley, close to Wasatch range and approx. 2 miles east of downtown Salt Lake City.