Students attend a two or three-week ELS University prep program starting on June 28 followed by one or two sessions of Nike Golf Camp at The Lawrenceville School. The goal of the language program is to provide a combination of practical English skills,experential learning about the US University system and the skills needed to be successful in an American university. This is done thorugh in-class subject matter and while on tours to area universities including Princeton University and St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia.
Our Nike Golf Camp, which is in its 19th year at Lawrenceville, combines technical instruction and analysis from top coaches along with supervised course play each day which is conveniently located on campus. The superb nine-hole, par 35 scenic golf course also features a spacious driving range, unique short game area, putting and chipping green. In addition to the daily instruction at the Lawrenceville School, campers are treated to a day-long outing and special Nike camp tournament at the historic and luxurious Skytop Lodge. The 5,500 acre resort situated in the heart of the Poconos, boasts an 18-hole championship golf course, which recently received 4-1/2 stars from Golf Digest.
Camp costs are inclusive of all language and golf instruction, housing, meals, round-trip airport transfers, activities and weekend programs.
Language Course Curriculum: ELS strives to provide a well-rounded academic experience during the University Preparation Program. Our custom designed expansion activities allow students to be removed from the formality of a classroom setting and placed in a new setting where they are involved in activities whichpromote and allow for communication and use of English in a free and relaxed format. All expansioin activities are led by ELS qualified and trained instructors. Students are allowed to select from topics they find interesting. Topics include American film, American Idioms, American Culture, Life on an American University Campus, Student Newspaper, Theater & Movement and Photography. Students have comment that these "mini" course are very useful in developing their confidence and speaking ability.
NIKE Golf Weeks: Golf camp begin each Sunday with check-in at 4:00 pm. ( If you are doing the two week language program, Nike Golf camp would start on July 12, if you are doing the three-week language program, you would start Nike Golf Camp on July 19.) Campers will be evaluated by camp staff and put into skill groups based on age and ability. Each session will include 30 hours of NIKE Golf instruction and course play and conclude with a graduation ceremony on the last day (Thursday) at 3pm. Campers choosing to stay for multiple sessions will participate in the ELS weekend excursion programs and be supervised by camp staff.
Language Schedule: On Monday morning, ELS staff will test campers in their English proficiency. Classes are held in the morning Monday through Friday from 8:30am -12:30pm. Classrooms are a short walk from the dorms. In the afternoons, campers will participate in planned activities which include shopping, visiting the Jersey Shore, a trip to Philadelphia and NYC as well as local college visits. Weekend programs offer excursions to nearby amusement and water parks and special visits to NYC, the Statue of Liberty as well as a Philadephia City tour. (These excursions vary by weekend.)
Check-in & Check-out
- ELS Language Week check-in: June 28.
- Nike Golf Camp Check-in will be on the Sunday following the end of your language program. Campers check-in at 4pm and ELS personnel will escort the campers to the check-in area.
- Check-out: Graduation ceremony is on Thursday at 3:00pm. Check-out to follow between 3:30 - 4:00pm (on the last week of your program). All campers will be taken back to the airport after the last session of camp.
- All international campers will be met at Philadephia International Airport (PHL) by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early arrival prior to Saturday, June 28th (the first day of Session I), nor may campers stay past Thursday, Friday 24th.
- For family or friends wishing to stay nearby, we recommend the Hyatt Place Princeton. To make a reservation, call 609-720-0200 or click here.
- Evening and Weekend Activities: Pre-organized evening/weekend activities will be offered to both ELS and NIKE Golf campers. All off-campus field trips are supervised.
The Lawrenceville Golf Course is conveniently located on campus, directly across the street from the dorms. This superb nine hole, par 35 scenic golf course also features a spacious driving range, unique short game area, putting green and chipping green. Campers play the course each afternoon while receiving instruction on course management, shot and club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette and supervision. *Campers are housed on campus in the dorms at the prestigious Lawrenceville School.
Skytop Lodge Golf Course
In addition to the daily instruction at the Lawrenceville School, campers are treated to a day-long outing and special Nike camp tournament at the historic and luxurious Skytop Lodge. The 5,500 acre resort, situated in the heart of the poconos, boasts an 18-hole championship golf course which recently received 4 1/2 stars from Golf Digest.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Nike Golf Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:30am Skills and Training: Campers spend one hour at three different stations, putting & chipping, pitching & bunker, and full swing
- 11:30am Lunch & Free time
- 12:45pm Course play with instruction on strategy, course management, and etiquette
- 5:30pm Relax & downtime
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Evening activities (movie night, pizza night, field games etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out!