Nike Golf Schools, Lawrenceville School - Sport and Language Lawrenceville, New Jersey
This summer work on your golf game and improve your English at the Lawrenceville School NIKE Golf Camp. Our new International Program offers campers aged 10-18, the chance to hone their golf skills and practice their English with some of the best collegiate coaches and players in the country.
New in 2013, NIKE Golf Camp is pleased to announce a new partnership with ELS Language Centers. Campers will now have the opportunity to add language classes provided by ELS, prior to their NIKE Golf Camp session. The ELS language program will be held onsite at The Lawrenceville School, just a short walk from the dorms. Our Sport + Language programs will be offered beginning with the June 30th session. You can add up to three weeks of language classes and follow this with additional sessions of NIKE Golf camp which are offered at the same location. These new camp programs provide international campers with the opportunity to improve their golf game and their language skills at the same location!
The Lawrenceville NIKE Golf Camp is its 17th year. Campers will have the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. Our youth summer golf camps combine technical instruction from a top notch coaching staff, supervised course play, and a variety of evening social activities. Come work hard and make friends along the way. Your days will be filled with golf and fun!
International campers seeking a SPORT only multi-week camp should combine individual sessions (which start on July 7th), with weekend programs to create the perfect multi-week camp program. To view our individual camp sessions at Lawrenceville click here.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio & daily course play with the Lawrenceville camp staff
- One-day trip to historic Skytop Lodge for 18-hole course play
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, off-course evening activities (movie night, basketball, field games etc.)
- ELS language program offers 15 lessons per week (3-50 minute classes per day) followed by fun afternoon and evening camp activities. Click here for a daily schedule.
- Weekend program offers excursions to nearby amusement and water parks as well as a special trip to NYC to visit Liberty Island
- Immersion experience where campers will meet new American friends!
The Lawrenceville School
The Lawrenceville Golf Course is conveniently located on campus, directly across the street from the dorms. This superb nine hole, par 35 scenic golf course also features a spacious driving range, unique short game area, putting green and chipping green. Campers play the course each afternoon while receiving instruction on course management, shot and club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette and supervision. *Campers are housed on campus in the dorms at the prestigious Lawrenceville School.
Skytop Lodge Golf Course
In addition to the daily instruction at the Lawrenceville School, campers are treated to a day-long outing and special Nike camp tournament at the historic and luxurious Skytop Lodge. The 5,500 acre resort, situated in the heart of the poconos, boasts an 18-hole championship golf course which recently received 4 1/2 stars from Golf Digest.Meet your coaching staff
USGTA Golf Professional and Lawrenceville faculty member, Ronnie Kane, enters his 17th summer as Nike Golf Camp director. A former three sport athlete and graduate of Franklin Marshall College, Coach Kane is head basketball coach and director of golf at the Lawrenceville School. Ronnie’s positive personality and passion for golf are big reasons his camps are so successful. Coach Kane rounds out his staff with other golf professionals and collegiate players.
Ronnie is assisted by other teaching professionals and college players.
Overview of Sport + Language program
Campers can add up to three weeks of language classes prior to their NIKE Golf program to create a unique 3- 4-or 5-week camp experience. ELS language sessions start on June 30th and run for three consecutive weeks through July 19th. (A second three week program starts again on July 21 and runs through August 10th.) The language program will be provided by ELS directly on the Lawrenceville campus. During the language program, international campers will reside in the same dorms as the NIKE Tennis and Golf campers. This program is designed for kids aged 13-18 of all abilities. On the weekend, all campers will participate in the ELS weekend programs.
How does the program work?
Language weeks: Campers arrive on Sunday and are greeted at the airport and brought back to the Lawrenceville School, just a short distance from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), by ELS personnel. Campers will settle into the dorms and get some much needed rest after their journey. On Monday morning, ELS staff will test campers in their English proficiency and put them in the proper program for the week. Classes are held in the morning Monday through Friday from 8:30am -12:30pm. Classrooms are a short walk from the dorms. In the afternoons, campers will participate in planned activities which include shopping, visiting the Jersey Shore, a trip to Philadephia and NYC as well as local college visits. Click here to see a weekly schedule. Weekend programs offer excursions to nearby amusement and water parks and special visits to NYC, the Statue of Liberty as well as a Philadephia City tour. (These excursions vary by weekend.)
Language Course Curriculum: Instruction will be provided by ELS a leader in international education. Students in this program will improve all core English skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice. ELS offers 15 sessions per week - 3 per day at 50 minutes each (8:30 am - 12:30 pm) For a complete program overview, click here.
NIKE Golf Weeks: Golf camp weeks begin with Sunday check-in at 4:00 pm. Campers will be evaluated by camp staff and put into skill groups based on age and ability. Each session will include 30 hours of NIKE Golf instruction and course play and conclude with a graduation ceremony on the last day (Thursday) at 3pm. Campers choosing to stay for multiple sessions will participate in the ELS weekend excursion programs and be supervised by camp staff. For a detailed schedule, see below.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:30am Skills and Training: Campers spend one hour at three different stations, putting & chipping, pitching & bunker, and full swing
- 11:30am Lunch & Free time
- 12:45pm Course play with instruction on strategy, course management, and etiquette
- 5:30pm Relax & downtime
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Evening activities (movie night, pizza night, field games etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out!
Check-in & Check-out
- ELS Language Week check-in: This will vary by your arrival flight. Please let us know your flight information and we will arrange to meet you at the airport. (See detail registration package for airport transfer procedures.) Nike Golf Camp Check-in will be on the Sunday following the end of your language program. Campers check-in at 4pm and ELS personnel will escort the campers to the check-in area.
- Check-out: Graduation ceremony is on Thursday at 3:00pm. Check-out to follow between 3:30 - 4:00pm (on the last week of your program).
- All international campers will be met at Philadephia International Airport (PHL) by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Philadephia International Airport (PHL)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30th (the first day of Session I), nor may campers stay past Friday, July 26th.
- Evening and Weekend Activities: Pre-organized evening/weekend activities will be offered to both ELS and NIKE Golf campers. All off-campus field trips are supervised.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and weekend activities.
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in May of 2013. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend NIKE Sport Camps. Campers enrolling in the ELS language programs must purchase the ELS health insurance.