2014 Camp Information
NIKE Elite 150 Goalkeeping School
Keepers are trained by Brad Swenby & Scott Rose. These coaches tally over 40 years combined of goalkeeping experience, including playing professionally, ODP, academy, and regional experience and high level accreditations through the NSCAA and USSF. The Goalkeeping program emphasizes all facets of the position, including the tactics used as a goalkeeper. All keepers have two GK specific sessions per day and are in-goal for nightly matches for further evaluation.
Soccer Specific Fitness Training
Experience college lever training! Know what it takes to be a college or pro player. All sessions are state of the art and will challenge you each step of the way.
Parent Development Seminar Component It is imperative that the parents are educated on all the factors that go into being a student athlete and what it takes to be successful at the highest level. NIKE Elite 150 has developed a one of a kind program for the parent! In a partnership with the NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Association of America) upon check in and after the opening ceremony parents are invited, at NO ADDITIONAL COST, to attend a three hour educational event. Topics that will be presented and discussed include:
• Admissions Presentation and process given by Elmhurst College Staff
• Financial Aid Presentation by Elmhurst College Staff
• Recruiting Process information provided by a National Recruiting Service
• Elite player qualifications moving forward / what to expect in the college game
• Club Soccer: differences between regular, academy, and elite clubs
Upon completion of the 3 hour class each parent will receive a Special Topics Diploma through the NSCAA! Refreshments will be served throughout the course.
These days players need to be “students of the game” and this requires them to learn in the classroom much like traditional academics. At Elite 150 we understand what it takes to train the players mentally. This is what truly prepares them for college soccer and beyond! The players will learn:
• How to analyze a game from watching and on video through “Match Analysis Training.”
• Perform a match analysis at Professional Soccer Match
• Tactics of the game through theory and comprehension
• Video analysis
• Drawing of plays and formations using whiteboards
A unique experience to say the least! Current college players from the major programs being represented attendbreakfast with our campers. They share their college soccer experiences both athletically and academically. Breakfast is catered, and the experience includes a high level guest speaker from the soccer world! This person shares what it takes to be successful in all aspects of their young lives
Check-in: between 11:30am-1:00pm on Friday, June 27th at the Frick Center.
Check-out: between 4:00-4:30pm on Sunday, June 29th from the fields.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Soccer Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Facility: Grass & Turf fields
Dorm: Will be assigned at check in.
Campers Per Room: 2
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: shared on floor
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes
Key Deposit: $80 made to Elmhurst College Soccer
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site and a hospital 2 miles from campus
Nearest Airport: Chicago O’Hare or Chicago Midway
Transportation: Not provided
If five or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $25 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount.
Home to the Elmhurst football, soccer and track and field programs, Langhorst Field serves as the college's primary outdoor facility. Renovated in 2002, the field is surrounded by an all-weather rubberized track. In the summer of 2011, the field was resurfaced with state-of-the-art FieldTurf. Permanent lighting was also installed in 2011.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Friday, June 21st
- 11:30am - 1:00pm Check in
- 1:00-1:45pm Opening Ceremony
- 2:00-5:00pm Parent Special Topics Course
- 2:00-4:00pm Players - Field Session 1
- 4:30pm Dinner
- 6:00-6:45pm Classroom Session 1
- 7:00-9:00pm Field Session 2 - Match play
- 9:30-10:45pm Evening Event
- 11:00pm Lights Out
- Saturday, June 22nd
- 7:00am Sunrise Soccer
- 7:40am Champions Breakfast
- 9:00am-11:00am Field Session 3
- 11:30am Lunch
- 1:15-2:00pm Classroom Session 2
- 2:00-3:30pm Field Session 4
- 4:00pm Dinner
- 5:00-6:15pm Field Session 5 - Match play
- 6:45-11:00pm Chicago Fire MLS Game (perform match analysis after game)
- 11:00pm Lights Out
- Sunday, June 23rd
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:15am Classroom Session 3 (Match analysis breakdown)
- 9:15-11:00am Field Session 5
- 11:30am Lunch
- 1:00-1:45pm Classroom Session 4
- 2:00-4:00pm Field Session 6 - Match play
- 4:00-4:30pm Closing Ceremonies & check out