Nike Baseball Camp at George Fox University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Nike Baseball Camp at George Fox University is a fun, intensive camp where campers take their baseball game to the next level. All facets of the game are covered and campers leave camp feeling confident in the new skills learned.
Directing the Nike Baseball Camp at George Fox University is Kevin Kopple. Coach Kopple enters his 12th season with the Bruins serving under head coach Marty Hunter.
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- 10:1 camper/staff ratio
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kevin Kopple
Kevin Kopple enters his 12th season with the Bruins serving under head coach Marty Hunter. Kopple serves as the recruiting coordinator for the Bruins.View Kevin Kopple's Bio ⟩
Kopple has previously served as a Head Coach in the WCL- Portland for four summers winning two league championships. In 2015, Kopple helped guide the Bend Elks to the West Coast Collegiate League Championship.
As a player, Kopple was a part of the 2006 team that made an appearance in the NCAA D-III National Tournament, and the 2005 team that won the Northwest Conference championship.
Before his playing days at George Fox, Kopple spent two years at Napa Valley College in Napa, California.
He is a 2006 graduate of George Fox University with a bachelor’s degree in history. He earned a master’s degree in sports management from the United States Sports Academy in 2015.
The Nike Baseball Camp at George Fox University is a camper favorite offering two program options: Day for ages 9-18 and Half Day for ages 5-8. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 Camp Dates
- July 23-27 (Monday-Friday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 23-27 (Mon-Fri)
- Full Day: See registration packet for specific location.
- Check in: 8:45-9:00 a.m. on Monday
- Check out: 3:00 p.m. on Friday
- Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:45-3:00 p.m.
- Half Day: See registration packet for specific location.
- Check in: 8:45-9:00 a.m. on Monday
- Check out: 12:00 p.m. on Friday
- Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:45-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction.
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival and Stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch, Half Day Campers Depart
- 12:30 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 1:30 p.m. Situation Drills, Competitions, Games
- 3:00 p.m. Day Camp Concludes
This Nike Baseball camp and The Bruins sport a new look: not in new uniforms or bright-eyed freshmen, but the Morse Athletic Complex itself. After a two-year fundraising and planning process, which is still ongoing, the Bruins will play on artificial turf this spring. This camp will take place on the brand new, state of the art facilities which The Bruins call their new home.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
This camp was so encouraging for him!
July 29, 2018: Isaiah loved the extra time and attention that Sam gave him. I can challenge/encourage Isaiah to improve, but hearing it from Sam was huge.
— T.J. S. Parent
This was one of our top camps.
July 28, 2018: I just really appreciate how the coaching was done. Encouragement is truly the best form for instruction and to help kids gain skills. Thank you so much for a really great experience!!! We will definitely be back and appreciate the half day opportunity for my oldest son. My boys learned so much and all the staff were fantastic!!!
— Amanda S. Parent
We loved it.
July 28, 2018: The staff were so patient and kind as they were dealing with all types of skill levels and focus from campers. They made a strong connection with the campers and their passion for the game showed.
— Rich D. Parent
July 28, 2018: Fantastic!
— Warren B. Parent
He had so much fun!
July 28, 2018: This was my sons introduction to baseball and he loved it ! He was so happy going to camp !
— Allison B. Parent
Lots of skills were learned!
July 28, 2018: Hitting and fielding was the best and the college kids that helped were the best
— Jody E. Parent
July 28, 2018: it was very fun and he learned a lot of different things
— Todd F. Parent
He had a lot of fun!
July 28, 2018: Learning new skills and meeting new friends that have the same interest.
— Abe L. Parent
Loved absolutely everything
July 31, 2017: From a parent's perspective I thought the supervision and leadership were both outstanding, which put my mind at ease while Lukas was gone. My son loved absolutely everything - from the coaches to the field to the cafeteria!
— Kathleen M. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.