Nike Baseball Camp Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
The NIKE Baseball Camp will return to Southwestern Assembly of God University (SAGU) this summer. A great experience for any baseball player wanting to improve their game!
At camp all aspects of the game are covered and players walk away feeling confident. Get better at baseball this summer with SAGU's baseball staff!
- Instruction led by Head Coach Matt Cornacchione, his staff and college-aged instructors
- Baseball instruction, drills and scrimmages
- Personal evaluation of your baseball skills
- NIKE Baseball Camp T-shirt and camp prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Matt Cornacchione
Coach Cornacchione was named Head Coach at SAGU in July, 2018.View Matt's Bio ⟩
Before SAGU, Coach Cornacchione spent the past 9 seasons as head coach of the Division II baseball program at Nyack College. Cornacchione’s coaching career includes 13 years as a college baseball coach, including nine as head coach. During his head coaching tenure Cornacchione has been twice named Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CCAC) Coach of the Year and was voted National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) East Region Coach of the Year in 2012.
While building a competitive program on the field, Cornacchione and his teams strove for excellence off the field as well. Academically, the baseball team achieved a cumulative team GPA of 3.13 in the spring 2018 semester, have won the CCAC Team Sportsmanship Award in 2011, 2013, and 2014, and consistently engaged community service projects. In January of 2015 Cornacchione led his team on a mission trip to Mexico.
Cornacchione holds a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Geneva College and a Master’s degree in Exercise Science with an emphasis in Sports Administration from Montclair State University.
The SAGU Nike Baseball Camp staff is ready to work with each camper! They will cover fielding, hitting, base-running, game time situations as well as schedule scrimmages where campers can showcase their new skills!
2019 Camp Dates
- July 22-25 (Monday-Thursday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 22-25 (MON-THURS)
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Monday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Tuesday-Wednesday: 9:00-4:00 p.m., Thursday: 9:00-1:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Games
- 8:30 p.m. Chalk talks, Evening activities
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!
SAGU can be found just south of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex in Waxahachie, Texas. The smaller community provides a quiet, rural atmosphere while all the excitement of the big city awaits only 25 minutes away.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Great for all ages!
July 29, 2018: This was our first overnight camp. The location and dorm experience was great. I think the coaches really tried to do the best they could with the wide range of baseball ability at the younger ages
— Durwood M. Parent0
July 27, 2018: He had a good time and learned some skills to work at home. His highlights were the scrimmages!
— Rodney B. Parent0
Coming back next year!
July 27, 2018: My son had a great experience at camp. He learned the fundamentals of baseball, improved his technique, and made friends. He loved it and wants to go back next year.
— Brittany B. Parent0
Came home with more enthusiasm for the game
August 2, 2017: My son came home with more enthusiasm for the game and practice. He is now wanting to play year round ball. He even came home opening doors for others and using his manners!!
— Shaleigh M, Parent
Strengthened his abilities
August 1, 2017: He really enjoyed his time at camp. He learned new skills and was able to strengthen his abilities.
— Sloan L. Parent
July 31, 2017: The evening scrimmages were awesome.
— Michael R. Parent
July 31, 2017: Coaching, staff and free time was excellent. Accommodation was clean and well maintained
— Kirk F. Parent
July 31, 2017: My son really enjoyed it
— Chris H. Parent
Coach Blackmon and staff were great
"Camp was awesome!!! Coach Blackmon and staff were great!!!"
— Overnight Camper
Our Son had Fun while Learning
"Our son truly had a great experience at Nike baseball camp. He had a fun time learning more about the sport he loves to play."
My Son Raved about Camp
"My son got home from camp and just raved at how good it was and he can't wait to attend again."
Genuine, Knowledgeable Coaches
"My coach surpassed my expectations as a coach and as a person. He is very genuine and knowledgeable about the sport of baseball."
— Overnight Campers
Quality Individual Attention
"I was impressed that the coaches worked with us individually. At other camps it was almost always as a group. They covered everything about baseball and even introduced me to some new strength training exercises. I enjoyed the camp very much."
— Overnight Campers
Still doing the drills!
My ten year old was quite energized post camp. It's been almost a week since camp ended and he's still doing drills he learned there. It was also his first time away from home for that duration. He never missed us. We're planning on returning next season!!!! He said coaches were fantastic!
Will be back
Coaches were great, son definitely wants to return next year.