Professional Sports Basketball Camp Caldwell University
IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND HAVE SERIOUS FUN
AT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS BASKETBALL CAMP
For over 65 years, Professional Sports Camps have been dedicated to bringing campers the very best in basketball instruction. Join us to play basketball at George R. Newman Center on the campus of Caldwell University!
Directing the camp is Ken Webb. Coach Webb was an All-American at Fairleigh Dickinson and was then drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He was a professional basketball player in Europe for 16 years and currently is a professional coach in Norway.
International Campers Welcome!
- LECTURES - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game. Remember it is through the proper execution of fundamentals that you will become a good basketball player.
- DRILLS - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- STATIONS - When performing stations, campers will be broken down to no more than 10-15 campers per basket. At each basket is one or more of our professional coaches. Each station will last approximately 20 minutes. During this time a specific aspect of the game will be covered, for example, rebounding, dribbling, foul shooting, etc.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GAMES - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him/her what he/she did wrong and how to do it right. It’s another way of instructing our campers, and leaves them more knowledgeable and improved in their skills.
- INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS - Our camp is known for offering that personal touch and giving the individual attention some campers may need to truly learn and understand the game more thoroughly. Staff is always available, on or off the court, to help campers improve their skills.
- TEACH TO UNDERSTAND - We want every camper to understand the reasoning behind the methods we use. It is for this reason that our coaches take the time to explain the reasoning behind why you execute a certain way.If campers can understand the methods, they are more likely to comprehend and remember them after leaving camp.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Vincent Carlesi
President and Director of Operations, Vincent Carlesi personally sees to it that your stay at Caldwell College is first class. From the moment you inquire about attending until you leave our facility to return home, Vinny is making sure you get what you need.View Vincent Carlesi's Bio ⟩
A former professional baseball player with the Pittsburgh Pirates and major league scout with the New York Yankees, Vinny knows what coaches and players expect and deserve and he doesn't dissapoint. For over 35 years he has been involved with camps and has developed the Caldwell College Basketball Camp into the premier site for players and teams.
Camp Director Ken Webb
Ken Webb, Head Basketball coach at the Professional Sports Basketball Camp at Caldwell University, was an All-American at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and was drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He played professional basketball overseas for 12 years (Venezuela, Qatar and Portugal), and has been a head coach in Europe (Portugal, Denmark, Iceland and Norway) for nearly two decades.View Ken's Bio ⟩
Ken has been the head coach for the Professional Sports Basketball Camp for the past 26 years and looks forward to helping you take your game to the next level.
Professional Sports Basketball Camps operate with the same principles that have made us successful for the past 64 years: 1) hire a qualified, professional, and experienced staff of knowledgeable basketball coaches, 2) work hard to help every camper improve his/her skills, 3) offer the personal touch that enables each and every camper to enjoy his/her stay, and 4) stay committed to the youth of America as a person, as well as, an athlete.
Experience is very important when choosing a camp for your child. You will not find a basketball camp with more experience than the Professional Basketball Camp. Rest assured we will do all we can to make sure each and every camper has both a beneficial and enjoyable stay at our camp.
2023 CAMP INFORMATION
- Dates: July 16-20, 2023
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight Camp | Day Camp
- Meals: All meals are provided for overnight campers. Lunch is provided for day campers.
- Check-in: 1:00-2:00 p.m. at Mother Joseph Hall.
- Check-out: 4:00pm on Thursday
- Day Camp : Includes all basketball activities, dinner on Sunday, and lunch Monday-Thursday. Day campers will be picked up at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday and at 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Overnight: Includes all basketball and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to lunch on Thursday, and double room occupancy in the dorms. Overnight campers will depart at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
Dorm: Mother Joseph Hall
Campers Per Room: 2 per room
Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Linens: Not included. Bring linens (Twin) or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
Air Conditioning: No. We strongly recommend bringing a fan.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily Basketball Instruction
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Nike Sports Camp T-Shirt, Wristband, Sticker, and Potentially Other Prizes!
INSTRUCTION & FACILITY
Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
Groupings: Campers are initially grouped by age and moved around accordingly based on skill level.
Facility: Indoor Basketball Court
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Small gym bag/backpack
Athletic, on-court clothing
Packed lunch and snacks
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above
Comfortable off-field clothing: pants, shorts, shirts, sweatshirts
Personal items & medications
Washcloth and bath towel
Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during checkout. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
INTERNATIONAL/ TRAVELING CAMPERS
For information on airport travel (JFK and Newark), supplemental health insurance, renting bed linens and other traveling questions, please reach out to our International department at 1-800-645-3226 or email at [email protected]
NIKE BASKETBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our basketball camps, please see our FAQ page.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching/Exercise
- 9:15 a.m. Instructional Session
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Drills/Games
- 3:30 p.m. Recreational Free Time
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:45 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Game Play/Drills
- 9:00 p.m. Games, Rec Room, Contests
- 10:00 p.m. Room Check/Lights Out
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell University in June 2002. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the University Bookstore.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.