Nike Cross Country Camp at Emory & Henry College
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Get ready for an amazing experience at the Nike Cross Country Camp at Emory & Henry College. Become a more sound and fundamental runner in Emory, VA. Coach Leroy Worley and their coaching staff are going to teach runners the skills required to compete at the next level and maximize their potential. This summer camp will teach you how to properly approach your races as the campers will take part in event-specific drills, trail runs, and nutrition educational breakouts, and will even implement what it takes to become strong mentally during competition.
- Top notch, middle school, high school and college coaching
- Uniquely professionalized training and education program
- Superior facilities: beautiful campus of Emory and Henry College with various outdoor activities
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Director Leroy Worley
Leroy Worley is entering his fourth year as Head Cross Cross Country/Track & Field Coach at Emory & Henry College and his fifth year overall on the coaching staff. He has also served as the Department's Athletics Minority Advocate, a position created by the NCAA to bring awareness to issues impacting student-athletes from underrepresented populations on campus.View Leroy's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots.
- Dates: July 21-26, 2024.
- Age Group: 13-17 (Rising high school and current high school)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight
- Check-in: Sunday, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Check-out: Friday, 11:00 AM
- Location: Martin Brock Student Center- Emory & Henry College
- View the campus map here
- Meals: All meals are provided at the on-campus dining facility.
All Campers should arrive at camp, prepared to run on Sunday, the 1st day of camp.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
- Dorm: TBD
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No, fan recommended
- Key Deposit: $150 check made out to US Sports Camps
Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEES:
- Overnight Campers: Features several instructional sessions per day, three hot meals, and lodging in residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age and ability
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Spikes/racing flats are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Emory & Henry College, local roads/trails
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Comfortable non-running clothing
- Underwear and socks
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Swimsuit and towel
- Pen and paper for notes during guest speakers
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Fan (optional)
- Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
- Laundry detergent
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
GEAR UP FOR CAMP
All Nike Cross Country Campers receive a Nike camp t-shirt as part of their tuition. Additional Nike Camp gear is available for purchase at check-out or can be purchased at any time on our storefront.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE CROSS COUNTRY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Cross Country camps please see our FAQ page.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 am Morning run
- 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:45 am Morning clinic / presentation
- 11:45 am Stability / running form / strength / demonstration etc.
- 12:15 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Rest, reading, journaling
- 2:00-4:00 pm High altitude trail training run
- 4:30-5:30 pm Afternoon swim / Pool running for recovery
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm Guest speaker or evening activity
- 9:00pm Departure: Day Campers
- 9:30pm Room Check
- 10:00 Lights Out
On 335 acres, located in the Highlands of Virginia, runners stay on campus and enjoy their meals in the school's main dining hall.
July 23, 2022: Coach's ability to connect with each camper on different levels. The respect and positive attitude and most of all discipline towards each activity was emphasized. This was my camper's first sleep away camp and they made friends, improved running form and realized their running talent. Running on the VCT (Virginia Creeper Trail) for the tempo runs was new as my camper had not done tempo runs and they loved it! It was educational, bonding, hard work that we are doing it again next year and bringing along new runners with us.
July 22, 2023: The coaching was wonderful and it felt personalized, which was great with the amount of kids that attended. Another highlight was the long run on the Creeper Trail. It felt great and I learned a lot of things that I can incorporate into my running routine.
July 21, 2023: Introduced beginning runner to next level running ability
July 21, 2023: Everything. Especially the Damascus trail run.
this experience was "phenomenal" to use his words
My daughter was very nervous when she got there and almost did not make it, but Coach Furst talked her through her anxiety and helped her get on her feet.
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.