Nike Field Hockey Camp at Adelphi University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join our 2023 summer field hockey camps in New York for girls, ages 8-18, and unleash your potential! Campers will have the opportunity to receive elite-level instruction from the Head Field Hockey Coach at Adelphi University, Jessica Mulhern, and her dedicated staff.
This camp is designed for campers of all abilities looking to improve their field hockey fundamentals and skills! Compete alongside other players who share your love for the game, and have serious fun at this summer field hockey camp in Garden City.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Instruction from 2022 Northeast-10 Conference Champions!
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- All multi day campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jessica Mulhern
Jessica Mulhern is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Adelphi University.View Jessica's Bio ⟩
On February 7, 2022, Adelphi University Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation Danny McCabe announced that Jess Mulhern '12 will return to her alma mater as the third head coach in the program's history.
In just her first year as head coach, she guided the Panthers to win the Northeast-10 Championship for the first time in program history. She also led the program to the NCAA Division II Tournament Quarterfinals in the same year, only the third time since the program emerged back in 2008.
Mulhern excelled as a two-sport athlete at Adelphi from 2008-12. Not only was she a four-year starter on the field hockey team, Mulhern also was a three-time NE10 All-Conference runner in indoor track and field.
She tallied 21 career points as a midfielder for the Panthers and earned inclusion on the 2009 and 2010 NFHCA National Academic Squad. Mulhern also helped to set school-record relay times in the 4x800 indoor and outdoor event during her track tenure.
Mulhern spent the last eight years at fellow Division II school Limestone University in Gaffney, S.C.
She first worked as an assistant for the Saints, before being elevated to head coach in 2017. Mulhern served at the helm for five seasons, and led the program to a 58-23 record. She helped Limestone to back-to-back South Atlantic Conference Carolinas Tournament Championships in 2018 and 2019.
Additionally, the Saints won a South Atlantic Conference Carolinas regular-season championship in 2018, and finished as runner-ups to the Eastern College Athletic Conference Division II title in 2017, under Mulhern.
"I am beyond excited to return to Adelphi University as the field hockey program's head coach. This institution gave me the chance to continue on in athletics at the collegiate level and made me want to become a coach," commented Mulhern.
Mulhern attained her first coaching position in 2016 with the USA Field Hockey Futures Program, and attended the NCAA Women's Coaches Academy the same year.
"We are thrilled to welcome Jess Mulhern back to Adelphi as the head field hockey coach. Throughout her career, Jess has shown an ability to recruit and lead a team with great success," said McCabe.
"As an Adelphi alum, Jess is very familiar with our program and shares the same values of providing a high-quality student-athlete experience. Welcome home, Jess."
"Thank you to Danny McCabe, Jess Roque and the rest of the search committee for selecting me for this opportunity and entrusting my ability to run this program. I look forward to starting my next chapter with Adelphi and stepping onto Motamed Field as the head coach of a program I hold close to my heart. Go Panthers!"
Mulhern's Year-by-Year Coaching Record
2022 - 13-9 (9-4) : NE10 Champions; NCAA Quarterfinals
TOTAL: 13-9 ; 1* Season; 1 NE10 Titles; 1 NCAA Appearances
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 8-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-Out: Graduation is at 2:30pm on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out is immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training session
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes. *1-day Clinics excluded.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: Campers train on turf fields. If it rains, there are indoor courts available.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS SUMMER SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 8:30am-9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00-11:30am Skills/small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30:1:30pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:30-3:00pm Games
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Located near Long Island’s parks and beaches, the 75-acre Adelphi University campus is only 45 minutes from New York City, offering a safe, suburban campus environment for our camp.
July 1, 2022: For me, it was that my daughter walked out of the first day feeling like she had already learned something and was improving her skills, which continued each day. For her, it was that and how much she connected with and had fun with her new friends and counselor.
July 26, 2023: My daughter being so encouraged by camp coaches that she is thinking for the first time that she might want to play field hockey in college.
June 29, 2023: The staff were friendly and fun and my daughter was able to improve her skills while having fun with her friends
June 30, 2022: Everyday our daughter came home happy and with fun stories and is improving her skills. It's a trifecta
June 29, 2023: My daughter loves how they make it a fun competition and assign them to different countries.
June 29, 2023: Ride home, daughter wouldn't stop talking about how much she enjoyed the training.
June 29, 2023: They had fun and learned new skills and met new people- loved scrimmaging
June 29, 2023: My daughter feeling more confident in her skills as a goalie each day.
July 1, 2022: My daughter falling in love with the sport and having a great time.
June 29, 2023: One in one focus from both Coach Jessica and the Adelphi staff
June 29, 2023: Learning new skills. Fun activities planned daily
March 29, 2023: Sophia had fun learning skills with her friends.
June 29, 2023: Great staff and loads of skills lessons
June 30, 2023: Positive atmosphere for a new learner
June 29, 2023: Making new friends & enhancing skills
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.