Nike Field Hockey Camp of Marin
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Take your game to the next level at our summer 2023 field hockey camp in Northern California at Tamalpais High School! Campers of all abilities will have the opportunity to refine their skills in all aspects of the game under elite instruction from field hockey coach of almost fifteen years, Trina Perotti, and her dedicated staff.
Our field hockey camp in Marin, welcomes players ages 8-18, looking to unleash their potential and increase their love of the games. Field hockey players in the Marin County area and beyond are invited to take their skills to the next level and prepare for the upcoming season!
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Elite coaching staff
- Morning training sessions
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Trina Perotti
Trina Perotti has coached high school Field Hockey in Marin County for almost 15 years.View Trina's Bio ⟩
Trina is the current Head JV Field Hockey Coach at Archie Williams. Her goal is to bring field hockey to all the public schools in Marin County! Trina's love for Field Hockey began in high school when she played goalie for Marin Catholic High School. She continued to play in college on the UCLA club team. After getting her teaching credential and coaching the JV team for one year, Trina assumed responsibility as the Varsity Head Coach and started running the Field Hockey program at Marin Catholic in 2012; she has grown the program from 20+ young women to 70+. She is excited to continue to grow the sport by starting a JV team at Archie Williams HS this year. In addition to specific Field Hockey skills, Trina hopes to instill in her players sportsmanship, team cooperation, the positive benefits of physical exercise, and lessons that extend beyond the field.
Camp Coach Ed Cortis
Ed Cortis is the Head Varsity Field Hockey Coach at Tamalpais High School.View Ed's Bio ⟩
Ed Cortis started playing field hockey in England as a schoolboy in his preferred position as goalkeeper. After finishing university, Ed played for Clapham Common Hockey Club in London before moving to Australia and playing for Powerhouse & St KIlda in Melbourne before hanging up the kickers in the early 2000's.
As a coach, Ed was Tamalpais High School's goalie coach for two years and became the head coach for the Varsity program in 2021 at which time he doubled the size of the program by creating a junior varsity squad to complement the existing varsity squad.
In his spare time Ed also coaches High School girls rugby, leading the team to a national title in 2021.
Camp Coach Michelle Boutwell
Michelle Boutwell is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Archie Williams, and the previous Head Field Hockey Coach at Tamalpais HS.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
Michelle grew up on the East Coast and started playing field hockey in 7th grade. She played all through high school and at the University of Lowell. Years later, after a move to Marin County, she accepted a position to assist the St Ignatius head field hockey coach for a season and fell in love with the sport all over again.
This led to a position as head coach for the inaugural Tam High School field hockey team. She coached at Tam for 4 years before needing to return to the east coast to help care for family. On her return she joined the Archie Williams High School field hockey program and reignited interest in field hockey there. She will be entering her second year as head coach of Archie Williams in the fall and hopes to double the size of the program there.
Beyond teaching the technical skills of field hockey, Michelle is excited to provide a place for players to learn how to succeed, even outside of scoreboard wins and losses.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 8-18/grades 3-12
- Gender: Girls & Boys
- Camp Type: Half-Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:45am on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2023
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:15am-10:30am Training Session I
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am-12:00pm Training Session II
- 12:00pm Campers Depart
Tamalpais High School is located in Mill Valley, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area.
August 11, 2022: Learned new skills for the first 2 days and then got to put them into practice -- specific and actionable.
One on one instruction.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.