Nike Field Hockey Camp at McDaniel College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This summer 2023 field hockey camp in Westminster delivers top-notch instruction for campers of all skill levels to participate in. Campers will have the chance to play at McDaniel College under Head Field Hockey Coach, Kati Nearhouse and her elite staff.
Our overnight field hockey camp in Maryland is designed to prepare players for the upcoming field hockey season. We provide the opportunity for athletes to improve their skills and techniques with the stick. Join us this summer and take your game to the next level!
- Training from McDaniel College coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kati Nearhouse
Kati Nearhouse is the Head Field Hockey Coach at McDaniel College.View Kati's Bio ⟩
As a player at Old Dominion, Nearhouse was named the NFHCA Division I Second Team All-American after her Sophomore season. She finished with 21 points off eight goals and five assists, leading the Lady Monarchs to the Final Four. As a Senior at Syracuse University she led the Orange to a spot in the 2014 NCAA Championship game. She was named to the ACC All-Tournament team and the NCAA All-Tournament team.
After her playing career, she took over the Director of Operations role for the Orange during their National Championship run in 2015. After two years at her alma mater, Nearhouse continued her coaching career with stops at Bryant and most recently the University of Maryland where she was the director of field hockey operations. Outside of Field Hockey, Kati has spent the last few years working as a School Counselor for Baltimore County Public Schools.
Camp Coach Jason Mulder
Jason Mulder is the Head Coach of the Senior U.S. Men's National Indoor Field Hockey Team.View Jason's Bio ⟩
At the start of April 2021, Mulder was named the head coach of the Senior U.S. Men's National Indoor Team field hockey team. Most recently he led the USA Men’s team in the Indoor World Cup in South Africa where they placed 4th overall. This is the highest ever the indoor team has finished at the World Cup. The USA indoor men’s team is now ranked 8th in the World as a result of their historic performance.
Mulder hails from Cape Town, South Africa and began his coaching career in 2009 at Central Hockey Club. Most recently he was a volunteer assistant at Syracuse, Bryant and Maryland before joining the Tigers in 2019.
From 2019-2022 Mulder was a full-time Assistant Coach at Towson University. During Mulders time at Towson, he helped lead the Tigers to the most wins since 2011, going 5-13, including winning their second conference game since 2011
Camp Coach Jessica Cavolt
Jessica Cavolt is the Assistant Field Hockey Coach for University of Rochester.View Jessica's Bio ⟩
After a four-year playing career and three more seasons coaching the sport, Jessie Cavolt has joined the University of Rochester as an assistant coach in field hockey. She had a highly successful career as a goalkeeper at the University of Mary Washington in Virginia before moving to Salisbury University in Maryland as an assistant coach.
She joined the Salisbury staff in August, 2019. She created and implemented practice plans for goalkeepers in their training sessions. She assisted with recruiting and video analysis. Under her tutelage, goalkeeper Dom Farrace was named the Coast-to-Coast Conference Player of the Year in 2021 and a First Team All-American in 2019. Salisbury reached the Final Four in 2019.
Camp Coach Jenna FlorenzoView Jenna's Bio ⟩
Currently coaching at Freedom Hky club, works with the U19 team. 4 year started at Towson University. 3-year co-captain. Senior Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 11-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuter)
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Friday at Garden Apartments
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 1:30pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day (Commuter) Schedule: Friday: 2:00pm-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is offered as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below is subject to change each year.
- Dorms: Garden Apartments
- Number of Campers Per Room: 1-2 per room, apartment style
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Attached to each apartment
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens (twin XL) or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of rain or extreme heat, there are indoor courts available for training.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
SAMPLE SCHEDULE (Saturday)
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
McDaniel College is located 30 miles northwest of Baltimore, MD and 65 miles north of Washington DC.
June 30, 2023: My daughter loved that it was a smaller group than other camps she has been to and really liked all the counselors that were helping. Although she has played field hockey for 9 years, she felt like she learned a lot and had a lot of fun along the way.
June 27, 2022: My daughter learned so much. She felt encouraged and supported by her coaches. She found new friends and realized playing hockey all day long was so fun.. She is relatively new to the sport.
June 28, 2023: Being with my friends while doing drills over and over, having training sessions that specified a skill area that needed to be perfected
June 27, 2022: All of the skill work sessions and my daughter got advice from the instructors on how to go about college recruiting.
June 28, 2023: Learning better skills to address the higher level of play.
A memorable experience.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.